forum

CENOB1TE - Onslaught

posted
Total Posts
show more
-Kanzaki
Eww but i agree with that DQ
quiz-chan_DELETED
inverness and charles, i recommend and request you two warmly once more to recheck and answer my mod post.

i would like to not feel so closed out concerning my views.
wendao
new page because new page

edited because edited

hi
ac8129464363
man I dunno how to describe why the 1/6 jumps play fine but they just do lol
Irreversible
kyversible:

02:30:025 (4,5,6,7,8) - can you like.. make that a normal stream? xD
Bearizm
The 1/6 jumps is what made me love this map... :(
Ciyus Miapah
Contest this DQ pls, that 420bpm singletapping is gud
Arcubin
actually i agree to nerf some 1/6 jump, but most of it are really fit :c which isn't reasonable to changes

and please... rank this. that wub make me happy :c
quiz-chan_DELETED
the jumps are doable

but i also dislike them..
Charles445

Lizzy wrote:

inverness and charles, i recommend and request you two warmly once more to recheck and answer my mod post.

i would like to not feel so closed out concerning my views.
Reviewed it again, I think a better way to put it is, slider ends vary in intensity depending on how they are used.
This difficulty in particular doesn't always reserve slider-ends to weak points, for example moments like 00:53:383 - is not hard hitting while 00:53:883 - is.
Circles and slider starts are best for the really big stuff, like cymbals, crashes, heavy bass, but for repetitive weaker stuff slider-ends and circles are often switched between.

In my case, as a guest I look at previous parts of the map to see what the mapper did, see if I agree with it, and see if I can either incorporate it or build upon it.
In this case, I stuck with what inverness established at 01:16:311 -

Oh also I guess while I'm here I should explain a mechanic. Comments in blue

Quality Assurance Team wrote:

The issue about the 1/6-jumps in inverness' part has not been fixed since the last disqualification. Having an 1/6-jump between a circle and another object is tricky Applies mostly to circle to circle, not circle to slider due to slider mechanics., because unlike jumps after sliders, the slider leniency that would make the jump easier to play is pushed to the limit (in the case of circles into sliders) I can't tell what this is saying. Is it saying slider jumps push the slider ball leniency to the limit or the hit-leniency on slider starts to the limit?. Therefore, the 1/6-jumps after circles are huge difficulty spikes and put more emphasis on the following beats than they should.
Sliders have leniency on when they can be clicked on. You can click a slider much later than needed and it will still give you full credit. It's exactly why the map is using circle to slider and not circle to circle in these instances. It's an extremely underused (thank god) gimmick, but it works really well in this map, since the jumps aren't large and they don't happen quickly / too frequently.
Examples:
01:20:525 (4,1) -
01:21:383 (4,1) -
01:27:383 (4,1) -
01:28:240 (4,1) - This one for instance is especially tricky, as (1) doesn't even follow the direction of the jump leading into it Slider motion isn't really relevant on this one, the player is moving towards the 2, it's a drop-off slider
Hope that clears it up, I never ran into problems playing those because of how sliders work.
quiz-chan_DELETED
charles, again...

Lizzy wrote:

That, in turn, would only fit with 01:30:025 (1,2,3,4) - this part
have you ever given this a thought? i'd recommend you to check both patterns again, see the difference and therefore feel the magic that the different parts of the song evoke.

i'd just changed it by now really.. there's nothing wrong with my suggestion, is there? i'd like to see that changed before the next qualification. it's probably not gonna get disqualified because of this, solely because it's nothing unrankable, just a minor decrease in quality IYAM.

I'd like other QATs or BNs to chip in with their opinion about this.
Please refer to past posts.
Bearizm
rip
wendao
rip
quiz-chan_DELETED
rip
Bearizm
rip lah
Irreversible
PLEASE WHY IS THIS NOT GETTING ANYWHERE
Squigly

Irreversible wrote:

PLEASE WHY IS THIS NOT GETTING ANYWHERE
because d4d is rip `0`
FencerTJ
:/
Irreversible
Revived (w/ invs permission)

p/4616811#p4616811

edit: And it's ranked :D
Bearizm
ivan why... you gave up so soon.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.