forum

[resolved] Can't install .NET Framework 4.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Renrane
Problem Details:So, my PC just got its new hard disk and a lot of things. Everything is new, Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit and more. Uh, so, when I tried to install Osu! on my new PC, it prompted me to download .NET Framework 4. After that, "Installation did not succeed." Help me! Is the .NET Framework not compatible with my PC or something? Help...

osu! version: 20140602
KinkiN
i think every .NET is compatible with windows

mind to post a screenshot?
XPJ38
Try to download .NET Framwork 4 from here and run it manually.
Topic Starter
Renrane
Still not working.

I am new to forums here. How do you post a screenshot?
XPJ38

SunSetSwish wrote:

Still not working.
Any error message (from .NET, from osu!, etc.)? Was the installation successful? Did something happen? etc.

SunSetSwish wrote:

I am new to forums here. How do you post a screenshot?
Comprehensive guide (paragraphs 1 or 2, and 3)
Topic Starter
Renrane
I downloaded the Osu! installer, but in order to play Osu! I need .NET Framework 4. But then, this appeared while installing .NET Framework 4.

XPJ38
Topic Starter
Renrane
Thanks, I think it works. Usually, the installation fails after 5 seconds. But, it exceeded 5 seconds, so I am pretty sure it's gonna work.

So what do I do after I install osu? do i delete the file that disabled windows update and stuff?
XPJ38

SunSetSwish wrote:

So what do I do after I install osu? do i delete the file that disabled windows update and stuff?
Yes, you can safely delete it as well as the osu! and .NET installers. If osu! works fine, you are good to go!
TheVileOne
It should try to install version 4.5 if you have a build that supports it. It's weird that it didn't. Resolving. Post back if the problem persists. (Might be a good idea to PM one of us just so we don't miss your issue.)
allikus1
thx XPJ38 for help, I couldn't install this too, fix helped :)
Sorry for replying in dead topic, but if someone reads it, it's up to date :)
FrozterPlays
I tryed to install the Microsoft.NET but it says here .NET Framework 4.5.2 or a later upodate is already installed on this computer but i still cant lunch my OSU
Death

FrozterPlays wrote:

I tryed to install the Microsoft.NET but it says here .NET Framework 4.5.2 or a later upodate is already installed on this computer but i still cant lunch my OSU
Please make a new thread for your issue.