forum

hyperdash is good and works well but... [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DeadRamza
i liked the hyperdash feature and it's very good because you can do impossible jumps...
but it would be good if there where any mod that could disable the hyperdash...
it does not need to add more points to the score multiplier...
just disable the hyperdash... so the gameplay would be more challenging

so what do you think about it?
Cyclone
The point of the feature is so that everything in the game is possible to hit. Asking it to be disabled wouldn't make it "more challenging" it would make it impossible. I don't see the point.
Topic Starter
DeadRamza
some of the "impossible jumps" on catch the beat are not impossible if you have agility enough to reach the fruit

so...
making a mod to disable the hyperdash would not disable it at all...
and it should make online matches more fun and challenging...
like i said on my first post
Daru
This is like asking for only 1 arrow be registered at a time in DDR: it would make things impossible.

You say that "some of the "impossible jumps" on catch the beat are not impossible if you have agility enough to reach the fruit", but this is untrue. This will not happen, unless you can supply us with unshakable logic as to why we should make some maps impossible to FC.
Derekku
Currently, hyperdash is being enabled on jumps that were previously possible. As hyperdash is still being tested, it'll be changed. It should only be enabled on previously impossible jumps. Denied.
Topic Starter
DeadRamza
okay...
let's use the map: "DJ Verstarker - Jump Jump" on the last difficulty as an example...
the music have the hyperdash fruits on it...
but if you see on the first places you'll see that thy didn't missed anything on those "impossible jumps"

what i'm saying is that hyperdash is usefulll...
but in an online gameplay it take's out all the fun of getting the first place because of a "impossible jump" that one of the player could done succesfully...

try to think about the possibilities instead of just deny it because it's a new feature...
and i'm not saying to cancel and remove the feature...
i'm just saying to make a feature to disable the hyperdash during a single match...
Randy96
"Don't request a toggle for disabling [insert new feature here] unless you want peppy to come to your house with a baseball bat."
Topic Starter
DeadRamza
this is just an idea for a mod...
can be unraranked if he wants to...

i was you obviously don't play too much catch the beat to see and to understand what i'm talking about
peppy
I need an example (down to the millisecond) of which jumps were possible. If this is not provided, I will continue to ignore this thread.

There is a lenience of around 8 pixels where previously """"""""possible""""""" jumps (only if your catcher was positioned with the utmost edge touching the last fruit, and the same for the next) that are now hyperdash triggers which I will not be changing.