forum

Cloud/Online beatmap storage

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +233
Topic Starter
A Pig that flys
For people who play on multiple computers, such as myself (my laptop and my dad's comp when I'm over). If even just a supporter feature would be great to see so that people don't have to take all the beatmaps they DL on one computer and copy them to the other computer, which can take some time (talking 100+, maybe even 200+ at times) beatmaps. And even just a global account settings for all the things like sensitivity, skin behaviour, sound options, etc...
Ryu Sei
Cloud beatmap storage? Nah. I found that copying between PCs is easier.
Global acc settings? No. Not all PCs are same, because that I didn't agree.
ziogio

Apigthatflys wrote:

For people who play on multiple computers, such as myself (my laptop and my dad's comp when I'm over). If even just a supporter feature would be great to see so that people don't have to take all the beatmaps they DL on one computer and copy them to the other computer, which can take some time (talking 100+, maybe even 200+ at times) beatmaps. And even just a global account settings for all the things like sensitivity, skin behaviour, sound options, etc...
Well, this would be probably too stressfull for the servers. And I don't think it's really necessary... for the maps, you can select a playlist you want play in any computers of 100-200 songs (it's less than a gb I think) and for the settings you can transport the file where are indicated all your settings :)
Bara-
Well, maybe make it a function, but change it.
Whenever you dl a new map, the map's Id will go to server.
When you play on a new PC, you can select your maps in beatmap selection (web)
And then all maps you downloaded, will be available there.
Idk if this takes to much space, but then maybe make it Supporter Only?
It will take too many space to save all maps like you said
mynameisyo
Maybe a private list when we install a new map and record on the list
Then when we reinstall OSU can just press a button Download all the map on list
It will be better
Trash Boat
Instead, there should be something that keeps record of the maps you download and play AT LEAST once.
Gumpy
It would put massive unnecessary strain on the server.
Piotrekol

Trash Boat wrote:

Instead, there should be something that keeps record of the maps you download and play AT LEAST once.

You need supporter to be able to use this tho.
Sea_Food
Am i the only one here who understands that every uploaded beatmap is already on the "cloud"? Its called the beatmaplist. Click the link that says "beatmaps" at the top of the page to get there. And its not possible to play maps on a computer unless its DLed on that computer. And the "played maps" feature does exist for support like mentiones in the post above.

The global settings feature is a thing I want. When I let other people play on my conputer they always have to set audio+mouse speed+skin+visual effects how they want them. And when i want to play again myself i need to set them all back again. If it was possible to make them all set automaticly when account is switched I would be so happy.
mynameisyo

Sea_Food wrote:

Am i the only one here who understands that every uploaded beatmap is already on the "cloud"? Its called the beatmaplist. Click the link that says "beatmaps" at the top of the page to get there. And its not possible to play maps on a computer unless its DLed on that computer. And the "played maps" feature does exist for support like mentiones in the post above.

The global settings feature is a thing I want. When I let other people play on my conputer they always have to set audio+mouse speed+skin+visual effects how they want them. And when i want to play again myself i need to set them all back again. If it was possible to make them all set automaticly when account is switched I would be so happy.
We know beatmap listing but we want the beatmap list of we installed or played
There's Historical and Top Rank on our own page
but there just a little part of our beatmaps
Bara-

mynameisyo wrote:

Sea_Food wrote:

We know beatmap listing but we want the beatmap list of we installed or played
There's Historical and Top Rank on our own page
but there just a little part of our beatmaps
Go get supporter if you play all/most of these maps AT LEAST once.
Then to to Ranked (Played) in Osu!Direct/Beatmap listing
AGRX
Imagine that time how long will take my 60GB of beatmaps to sync to peppy's poor server. And with that many users having around 1-2k of maps, the storage server needs to be like Steam cloud storage.
Ace3DF
osu! is portable now. Install it on a USB Stick
Bara-

Agrrox wrote:

Imagine that time how long will take my 60GB of beatmaps to sync to peppy's poor server. And with that many users having around 1-2k of maps, the storage server needs to be like Steam cloud storage.
It doesn't store the maps
It stores WHICH maps
So insted of having al maps, it store the beatmapID If I read carefully
So maybe a .html file with links to all maps you have per person/user
Yukiteru Amano
Maybe all supporters could have 200mb each to store on? Not like 10gb+ xD
Shadowriver
Why not? Eventually you gonna redownload songs on other computer anyway + it would let track who downloaded what song a lot better. Atleast list downloaded songs and let download on demend, that would be most minimal implementation
Makan1

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

Maybe all supporters could have 200mb each to store on? Not like 10gb+ xD
200mb is very little; probably 2~2.5 gb is reasonable.
Rousk
I think a feature that would be able to work would be Osu keeps track of which maps you have played(and or recently) you can look them and then download them via going to site or in-game dl. Otherwise I see no point of having a cloud storage.
Ayachi-

Piotrekol wrote:

You need supporter to be able to use this tho.
should have download everything before my tag expired, not i am just broke

and this online thing storage for your map is just too big, just use the list if you are supporter
breby
Yeah I think the best way to do this would be to store a list of your beatmaps online rather than all of the beatmaps themselves, and then have an option to just download everything from that list (perhaps through osu!direct).
ieb
I guess it's just a list and it doesn't take more than 100kb to save all songs
_Railgun_
It would be actually good (for me: at saving disk space), and it may only be avaible for supporter.
(I know this Thread is old)
Awesome Aasim
I actually like the idea. For now, I have just used the Nearby File Sharing and the OneDrive features of my PC to copy beatmaps between computers.