forum

Beatmap recommendations for a beginner?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
blitZee
Hey, I've been playing osu for around 2 weeks now (with breaks here and there due to exams) and I can say that I'm definitely hooked to it :3 But here's the problem. I've been playing a few select songs over and over again now, and would like to move on to something different.

What I'm looking for is something close to BrainCells, SnappleMan - Scrambled Eggman [Eggman] in difficulty.
Or something close or harder than S.S.H. - Intersect Thunderbolt [Hard] by Deif.
OR anything close to S.S.H. - Thunder Light [Hard]

Will appreciate any kind of help you guys and gals could provide ^-^
[ infL ]
My suggestion is just to go and download as many beatmaps as you can (I recommend beatmap packs) and just play them all. You'll find new songs/artists/mappers you may like and generally playing a wide variety of maps will help you improve. People can give you map suggestions and stuff I guess but really you should decide what maps to play to improve by yourself. You'll probably find many maps difficult but playing them properly without mashing will help you improve :) Also make sure you practice accuracy as its really important. Try working on getting that 86% up to at least like 95+ at first :O
Topic Starter
blitZee

[ infL ] wrote:

My suggestion is just to go and download as many beatmaps as you can (I recommend beatmap packs) and just play them all. You'll find new songs/artists/mappers you may like and generally playing a wide variety of maps will help you improve. People can give you map suggestions and stuff I guess but really you should decide what maps to play to improve by yourself. You'll probably find many maps difficult but playing them properly without mashing will help you improve :) Also make sure you practice accuracy as its really important. Try working on getting that 86% up to at least like 95+ at first :O
Yeah, I thought I'd be pointed towards beatmap packs ^^ Just too lazy to download larger files with this internet. Oh well, I guess i'll just leave it downloading and do something else in the mean time. Thanks for your input!

Also, about that accuracy. I'd rather work my speed up first and then work on accuracy, as I seem to do far better with more speed. Besides, that'll allow me to play songs I really love on higher difficulties, so it's a win/win. (By saying I do better with more speed, I mean that it's easier for me to follow the beat and thus my accuracy increases. I'm currently playing songs that are a bit above my skill level to improve, so my accuracy is down to 86%). And I can always come back and work on that accuracy, as right now I'm not really bothered to be shooting for top scores. When that moment arrives, I'll work on improving my accuracy I guess.
kuur0

[ infL ] wrote:

This. But tbh when you just started just go looking for songs that you like and play them. Beatmap Packs are good but I never liked much of the maps in the packs.

And.... I guess it is okay to try n develop speed first but.. Just be extremely careful that you are not button mashing. I find that if I cant read a certain part of a map I ended up button mashing. Its really hard to get rid of bad habits like that lol so I suggest grasping the basics first before moving out into the wilderness of insanes/hards.

Personally I used to be a nf user who always play those bs maps with nf cuz i thought i could improve faster that way. But only til recently i realise how bad my acc is while I tried fc maps in the process of achieving better "speed".

So... imo best to stick with something thst is around your level but not out of your league type of map.

If I m getting less than ... lets say 85% acc for a map, its probably better coming bak at a later time to play it cuz its too hard for me right now.

Mix around what you play as well, as in mix around the types of map you play (so you can be exposed to different variety of mapping style), and mix in mods as well.
shavit
guitar vs piano 180 bpm default + half time
xasuma
winber1
holy mother of butterscoth banana pancakes

in the 6 year old thread, trust you should not. those maps will be bad and unhelpful

play scarlet rose
nooblet

winber1 wrote:

play scarlet rose
I don't have many maps with over 100 PC ... A-am I doing it right ;w;?
Ayesha Altugle

winber1 wrote:

in the 6 year old thread, trust you should not. those maps will be bad and unhelpful
you don't even know the history of osu!. those maps are historical and still keeping its quality even though many years have passed

winber1 wrote:

play scarlet rose
scarlet rose isn't even a real map and will not be a real map nor even a singletappable map or even an easy map, those are recommended only for experts. If that "Scarlet Rose" Thingy isn't mapped, there will be no trolls about it
winber1

vahn10 wrote:

winber1 wrote:

you don't even know the history of osu!. those maps are historical and still keeping its quality even though many years have passed

winber1 wrote:

play scarlet rose
scarlet rose isn't even a real map and will not be a real map nor even a singletappable map or even an easy map, those are recommended only for experts. If that "Scarlet Rose" Thingy isn't mapped, there will be no trolls about it
bby pls don't hurt me

all i wanted was some pancakes
leave me alone pls thank
Kanye West
Wow winber get rekt.
Mofu kun
Download the easy series packs

They should you as a beginner.

Also, James diff is made for beginners.
takaharrue
Play these old beatmaps:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0

They will give you an advantage in reading.
Makeruno
For me..... just download songs you like or heard before from Ranked and Approved, playing stuff you don't like is just a pain