forum

[Archived] Massive frame delay after playing multi [#122]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ztrot
I noticed this when my little cuz was playing multi,
after the match the frame rate locked at 8fps in the song line up.
This was the 3rd time I have seen it do this.
I'm not sure if it is a bug but, I'd like some one to confirm.

For now resetting the game seems to fix the problem.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
UtsukimiJerry
i had the same problem as yours. and the only way to fix it is via reopening osu.

this isnt specs problem since this only happens AFTER playing multiplayer.
Gabi
for how long do you have to play mp for this to happen?
Soaprman
Oh, I've had this happen to me a few times. It's been a while, so I don't remember exactly how long it took. It's not a gradual slowing down, though. It runs fine and then one time WHAM it's crawling.
UtsukimiJerry
well it happens after a round of 2 of multiplayer. after that choosing song is like a pain since the frame delay is too much
Topic Starter
ztrot
I think it has something to do with ki mode at the end of a song.
I noticed if a ki burts was the last thing in the map, it happens.
or just play strange program it did it to me 3 times out of the 10 times I played it. in multi of course.
Topic Starter
ztrot

strager wrote:

Specs please.
CPU: ADM Athlon Processor 2650e 1.61 GHz
Memory: 3.75 GB of DDR2 Ram
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6150se
anonymous_old
Okay, I got this after playing a few games. Framerate drops dramatically.

Ticketed: http://osu.sifterapp.com/projects/4151/ ... 2/comments
varq
I think it has something to do with kiai time, because of these:

Happened in multiplayer after a song finished, and sometimes lasted 'til the next song started.
Soaprman
It happened to me at the end of TiK ToK [Jarto] and We Will Be Heroes [Dragonite]. Both maps end with Kiai. It persisted until a little after starting the next map.
anonymous_old
I've tried TiK ToK [Jarto] and that didn't seem to cause the problem. I tried several other maps ending in Kiai, too. Tried windowed and fullscreen. Couldn't reproduce after about 8 maps.

Weird.
Topic Starter
ztrot
the screenshots you have posted varq. that's exactly what happens before it locks at 8fps
UtsukimiJerry
i accidentally reproduce this. my pc is not very good so i use opengl to play osu

everything is on except for the comboburst and the shader stuff you know. and then i just wanted to play random songs. so i picked Cirno's Perfect Math class with video on. and i picked auto + all the addons you can think off that can add more points.

after i play it the game just hangs like crap and i quickly press escape and suddenly the thing actually replicated itself. note it happens on single player mode
varq
If it helps any:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.01 GHz
RAM: 2.00 GB
GPU: Integrated NVIDIA something, my video card broke.

Render: DirectX
Frame Limit: 60fps
Resolution: 1024x768, Window
Background Video: Enabled
Snaking Sliders: Disabled
Combo Bursts: Disabled
Shader Effects: Disabled
Combo Fire: Disabled
Hit Lighting: Disabled
Low-end PC: Disabled
Derekku
There seems to be no luck when replicating, so this is resolved for now. :/
Gens
Just experimented this after playing tag with Sir Minelli. Didn't exactly play much, just 4~5 rounds.

I say, just keep playing tag with someone (with maps that end with Kiai) until it happens.
Yoshi348
Yeah, it happens, but it's not every time. You know it's going to happen when your cursor just DRIPS flashy star things at the end of the map. It's like a constant stream of stars. This stream shows up at the beginning of the next map as well. Oddly enough doesn't cause problems there, only in the select screen. Perhaps it's possibly the song select screen is undergoing kiai time?