forum

Need help with streaming Osu! ..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cocaine dog
So I currently use some settings for streaming Osu! which appearantly isn't as good as they could be..
My computer and internet should be able to handle just about anything for streaming this game so I'm wondering if someone has any good tips regarding
stream settings for the most smooth and good looking Osu! it'll be much appreciated! :D
Icup
you are going to want to post what your upload is and probably some PC specs for help. If you are using OBS there are settings to make it more taxing on the PC so you can use less upload and vice versa.
kowz
I recently did some fiddling around with my stream.

If you've got at least 5MBPS upload, and a pretty decent computer, and OBS you can experiment with this:

Encoding
Max Bitrate: 4000
Use CBR: on
Enable CBR padding: on
Use Custom Buffer Size: off

Video
Custom: 1280x720
FPS: 60
Disable Aero: on
No downscale

I am in no way an expert, but after fiddling with it for a few hours this ended up being good enough for me. Also, I'm not sure if the VOD quality will be superior to the live stream, but here is a twitch VOD to give an example.

edit: Forgot to mention I play on 1366x768 and don't let Osu! take up the full screen on the stream (I have a random picture as a background/border).
Witch Mercy
What are your comp specs?
My comp sucks d*ck and I can stream osu! but it lags no matter.
Turning the settings down did not help at all.
Also my internet is good enough so yeah.
XPJ38
Tekklorn

kowz wrote:

I recently did some fiddling around with my stream.

If you've got at least 5MBPS upload, and a pretty decent computer, and OBS you can experiment with this:

Encoding
Max Bitrate: 4000
Use CBR: on
Enable CBR padding: on
Use Custom Buffer Size: off

Video
Custom: 1280x720
FPS: 60
Disable Aero: on
No downscale

I am in no way an expert, but after fiddling with it for a few hours this ended up being good enough for me. Also, I'm not sure if the VOD quality will be superior to the live stream, but here is a twitch VOD to give an example.

edit: Forgot to mention I play on 1366x768 and don't let Osu! take up the full screen on the stream (I have a random picture as a background/border).
60 FPS takes up a lot of resources, I have a decent computer but even I get the odd stutter and lag when I go 60 FPS Try something like 45 IMO looks smooth and doesn't demand as much, because nothing's more annoying than stuttering when playing video games.
Topic Starter
Cocaine dog
tyvm everyone! :D :D
deadbeat
ask in Gameplay and Ranking next time please :p