forum

Spinners & Mouse Grip

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pyromanical
So I've always used a palm grip on my mouse and it never became a problem until I started playing Osu!
Some maps were just too inconvenient and the spinners, oh god the spinners... I can't rotate my mouse in a CIRCULAR MOTION IN THE CENTER OF MY SCREEN. Seriously, I've tried practicing outside of beatmaps and even then had trouble. Even when I did manage to do it, when I would actually do the beatmaps and (assuming I did) get a pass on the spinner, I'd get distorted on where my mouse is and miss the first 1-2 clicks.

Seriously, someone give me some advice on how to do spinners. I'm used to spinning it in a concentrated area, but I have tried spinning it along a massive area and it hasn't worked. Please don't give me crap like "Turn automatic spinners on".

And the mouse grip issue. Like I said, I've always been using the palm grip. And whenever I do try to do the claw grip, I get distorted to how high the sensitivity is. When I do turn it down though, my gameplay is horrific- and I meant HORRIFIC. I managed to fail a medium difficulty map and not get a single spinner.

TL;DR- I can't do spinners and need advice/help on learning how to rotate my mouse in a circular motion and/or need to learn how to use the claw grip but can't.
Jau
I think you are fine with palm grip.

Due to your grip, basically your shoulder is doing the rotating. If you strengthen your rotary joints in your shoulder, you'll be able to control your mouse easier and spin faster.
Ninonuko
Try other grip, but don't force it if you feel not comfort
I have weird grip, it's like a fingertip
Because i put less weight with my grip so i spin while hold right click to optimize the weight
I start osu! with nonsense high dpi, then I ask about it in GnR and i change to 800 dpi (fortunatelly i change it, thanks for ppl who recommend it)
Try to spin big to make sure you spin right at centre of your screen then go smaller and smaller (spin oval will make you slower)
but.....
Don't expect much from me, my average spm is just 280
Volcanism
If you have mouse acceleration enabled, this could affect spinning and gameplay in general if you intend to play for a long time to come.

Also, if you play with mouse buttons, try using Z and X to click on the keyboard, or alternatively re-map them to something more suitable by looking at key bindings in the options. This could help as you may be holding the mouse button down with too much force which can affect your spinning ability.
Insyni
Spinners
All you need is more practice. Play lots of songs with spinners and you should be able to hit those notes that come right after. Regarding hand position after spinners.... you have to find the time to readjust your arm again, end the spinner early, or just play with the out-of-position arm.

Also, put wrist on mouse pad while doing spinners? That tends to help me limit my mouse movement.

Regarding Sensitivity
Turn sensitivity down, and practice on an easier difficulty? I'm not sure what your sensitivity is at, but higher sensitivities are harder to play with at harder difficulties. I hear it takes about 1-2 weeks to get used to a change.

Unless you're like me and are blessed with a tiny mouse pad that won't allow lower sensitivities. Though you should have a fairly large mouse pad if you use palm grip.
Noobsicle
plant your wrist on the mouse pad/desk, spin CW/CCW (whichevers most comfortable for you) as small as you can

it'll also help to post your mouse and sensitivity settings
Topic Starter
Pyromanical
This is really frustrating. The more I practice and try, the worse I get.
I played a normal map with the perfect mod on 50 times and 90% of the time I would fail on the very first spinner.
I haven't seen myself get an S/SS because of this very reason. I'd fail almost every combo on the spinner or get a score of 50-100 on the spinner, only to fail on the one after that.
DeletedUser_4041880
You've only been playing for a few days. You'll get used to it once you play more
Topic Starter
Pyromanical

Frostei wrote:

You've only been playing for a few days. You'll get used to it once you play more
I haven't been playing for a few days, I made a new account since I didn't like the name of the old one.
Ever since I started playing I've had this problem.
DeletedUser_4041880

Pyromanical wrote:

I haven't been playing for a few days, I made a new account since I didn't like the name of the old one.
You're only allowed to have one account. If you didn't like the name of your old one, you can just buy supporter for a name change
Topic Starter
Pyromanical

Frostei wrote:

Pyromanical wrote:

You're only allowed to have one account. If you didn't like the name of your old one, you can just buy supporter for a name change
Well I guess this account will get deleted then. Don't see why such a rule exists with no option of manually deleting your account.
And I made this second one for a lot more reasons than just 'changing my name'.
silmarilen
it exists because otherwise top10 people can go making 50 accounts and take the whole top50 on random maps
Vuelo Eluko

silmarilen wrote:

it exists because otherwise top10 people can go making 50 accounts and take the whole top50 on random maps
and you can say like "that just wouldn't happen", "that's ridiculous" but then look at league of legends. the top 50 challengers are 50% WildTurtle alt accounts....
Topic Starter
Pyromanical

silmarilen wrote:

Yeah. I'm clearly going to be one of them people. Can't I just like make an oath of only using one account? Even if I did use both I doubt that I would get the top scores when I can't even complete a spinner.
Rewben2

Pyromanical wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

Yeah. I'm clearly going to be one of them people. Can't I just like make an oath of only using one account? Even if I did use both I doubt that I would get the top scores when I can't even complete a spinner.
Email support and explain, it'll be a lot softer than if you get discovered multi-accounting.
silmarilen

Pyromanical wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

rules dont discriminate