forum

Osu! Party Mode!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2,295
show more
Skadra_old
nice idea :3
hope this one will make it
Ciyus Miapah
go go go!
(dont have stars to support :P )
peppy
search back for my post on this in 2007 or 2008. i accepted suggestions for powerups and there's a huuuge list
Oinari-sama

peppy wrote:

search back for my post on this in 2007 or 2008. i accepted suggestions for powerups and there's a huuuge list
Did you mean this beast? lol
deadbeat

Oinari-sama wrote:

peppy wrote:

Did you mean this beast? lol
i wonder if we should revive that :/
Oinari-sama

deadbeat wrote:

i wonder if we should revive that :/
I dunno. Merging will be the sensible thing to do, though it's hard to press the button knowing that this many stars will disappear >.<

But it beats any number of existing stars if peppy's keen on reviving that antique :)
Bara-
I hope it's safe to bump this @^
So
Bump
Frim4503
up
dionzz99
I like this idea..

You stated that the power items are given in some sections like guitar hero
Try make the circle in the sections have different colors than the regular circles
Also the color should be the same as the item colour so player can easily know what item they get.
Just like guitar hero, if you miss a circle in the section, it automatically backs to normal and no item gained
I like to see my friend raged because i gave too much crazy items at once (in case this is implemented)

If its not what you want, change the circle into star shape and then it will give random item..

Or you can do both (stars,colours)
shioty
OMG This idea!!

peppy accept this pls
[Sean]
I think this is a great idea!

Threw in +16 because I have too many spare :)
EshkushMeh xD
This sounds like an awesome idea! I hope it'll get implemented.
Coolpaul99
it would be fantastic to see this in OSU you've done a briliant Idea for a gamemode. this is my faverout out of the others. i gave 9 stars cas i would love to see it.
Alex311360
This is cool.

I had a idea for osu!mania a while ago, might as well requote it from my post:

Alex311360 wrote:

How it would work in osu!mania:
When any player in the match gets his meter high enough, a random effect will be applied to a random player.

Possible effects on each level:
Hidden - Lv. 1 - 25% blockage of playfield, very slow increase based on combo. - Lv. 2 - 40% blockage of playfield, regular rate used in mod. Lv. 3 - 25% blockage, however the darkness climbs up at a incredibly fast rate.

Accelerate - Lv. 1 - Increases speedrate by 1.25x. - Lv. 2 - Increases speedrate by 2.00x. - Lv. 3 - Increases speedrate by 3.00x. (This means it pretty much multiplies current speedrate number by how much it is. On Lv 1., rounds the number.)

Break - Lv. 1, 2, and 3 - Same as Accelerate, however, use - instead of +.

Courage Shaker - Lv. 1 - Will sometimes change judgement to misses and breaks combo at random, however, it actually doesn't. If you keep playing good, the combo, accuracy, and your judgement will still be the way it was. - Lv. 2 - Random points where effect appears is moderately more common, length of effect is more common. - Lv. 3 - Random points and length is much higher.

Spike - Lv. 1 - Difficulty to opponent changes to a higher difficulty by half a star or more (or more being if none exists that's half a star higher.). - Lv. 2 - Difficulty increases by a star or more. - Lv. 3 - Difficulty increases by 2 stars (or to hardest?).

Increase - Lv. 1, 2, and 3 - Changes approach rate, overall difficulty (judgement window). Gets higher based on level. 2 is Hard Rock.
Add - Lv. 1, 2, and 3 - Adds notes. 1 makes all areas doubles if they aren't already, 2 makes areas triples, and 3 randomly shuffles the notes in different positions. (a 4k chart could shuffle a jump (left and right) to a corner jump (right and up/middle right).)

There are no lifebars in this mode, but the lifebar stays as a powerup indicator. Glows brighter based on what level you're at. If you're in the lead, your powerup meter fills up much slower. If you're last, expect to deal powerups more often. The game will popup saying what powerup you're hit by, what level, and who it was from. Score doesn't matter in this game mode either, so accuracy, score, and other scoring modes are gone. Adding mods are disabled. And again, it's impossible to fail.

If having a powerup trigger after the bar fills, you could have 3 seperate lifebars, and fills up at a moderately slow rate, similar to pop n' music, and you have to push a button to trigger it at each level. What the powerup is will be shown next to the lifebars.
Psyandcho
I'd love to see an osu party mode :D
Just voted 6 times for it 8-)
tvgold
this seems like something to drunk play, seeking of which, i have an idea for a battle item: drunk mode, forces the other players screen to wibble in an annoying manor for a certain amount of time, can we also have the ability to disable certain items for rounds? (in case we all think that something is too OP)
[ iL ]
YESYESESYESYES!

I think that items should just randomly appear on a note or combo, and not per section. They could appear at different times during sections for each player, but in a fair way.

Maybe competitive tag coop? That would make some interesting gameplay.
yanQQ
BEST IDEA EVER
PieInOblivion

yanQQ wrote:

BEST IDEA EVER
AGREED!
LOVE IT!
That's all I would do in multiplayer!
*Gives Stars*
sebek64
That's a great idea lawl
yanQQ
Why didn't they add it in update.. ;(
[ iL ]
Love this idea.

Maybe for the broken key thing, osu will autodetect a player's favorite key/tapping pattern and "break" accordingly?
For Blizzard, decrease amount of snowflakes by A LOT.
smead
We need more fun modes in multi for groups other than tag, support :).
Caput Mortuum
"slider slicer"

Notch hell.
-Kyu
Well the proposer of this feature is now ded and this thread is bumped by Eraser for a year....

Not gonna happen.
Caput Mortuum
Well, it's in t/408517 , so I think this would still have a good chance of being added.
Frozen_Rhythm
Why not? T_T