forum

I NEED A BETTER MOUSE FOR OSU (i play mouse only)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nagare-San
So ive been playing osu for about 2 months now and multiple times i have run into the problem of my mouse (a Logitech M310) Suddenly not working. The mouse its self is okay i guess but the x axis is way more sensitive so my mouse tends to go off my mouse pad while i play :p. So im just wondering if anyone has a recommendation of a better mouse. Sorry if you can't understand my typing very well im jap :P

i play with my whole hand on the mouse. palm in the back and my fingers on the buttons. the problem i have is that sometimes while i play fast maps my mouse just suddenly goes to the top right corner for no reason and i don't move like that and also my mouse will stop moving for 1 min while i play sometimes
B1rd
What grip do you use? Palm, claw or fingertip? Do you move the mouse with your hand, wrist or arm?
El Koko

B1rd wrote:

What grip do you use? Palm, claw or fingertip? Do you move the mouse with your hand, wrist or arm?
It's the mouse. It's laser and laser mice tend to do crazy stuff and go out of control. I know this because I played with a m317 and spinners and airman were impossible to play.

I don't really know much about mice, but if you're going to get a new one get an optical one for sure. Yours is wireless, most recommended mice are wired. I use a Microsoft Wireless Mobile 3500, bluetrack crap or something like that. It's optical and doesn't do any crazy stuff and is also cheap. You might want to try it. But do look at the better mice out there, I don't buy a new/better one because I don't want to pay too much just for a mouse.

xasuma
I dont really know waht to recommend you , but i would suggest staying with the same shape/size of your current mouse. Or as close as you can. :)
Ichi
Logitech G400, it´s good mouse for price/quality
Noobsicle
logitech g400/s
mionix naos 7000
mionix avior 7000
and yeah as b1rd said, should post details about how you use your mouse
GhostFrog
I use the same mouse and I've never had issues with it suddenly not working.
Genki1000
You can try the Logitech M325. It looks pretty similar to yours and I have no problem playing with it.
wildcookie
Im using Razer deathadder 2013, had no issues at all, everything's smooth for a year now
jesse1412

wildcookie wrote:

Im using Razer deathadder 2013, had no issues at all, everything's smooth for a year now
The mousewheel on mine stopped working after like 3 months. I just use a crappy £4 mouse now and it's just as good for me.
B1rd
I bought the Deathadder for my fist mouse, I hated it, the shape was really unnatural and uncomfortable, and also the rubber grips were slippery and I would always lost my grip halfway through a song. Also the rubber grips started to peel off. Would not recommend.

I would recommend the mouse I'm using now, the Avior 7000; much better grip, shape, software and still has a flawless sensor.
Yaiishi
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 2690UV7444
I used to use this mouse before I bought a pen tablet. I use it for other stuff that isn't osu! and I have to say it's a great mouse for the price.
wildcookie

B1rd wrote:

I bought the Deathadder for my fist mouse, I hated it, the shape was really unnatural and uncomfortable, and also the rubber grips were slippery and I would always lost my grip halfway through a song. Also the rubber grips started to peel off. Would not recommend.

I would recommend the mouse I'm using now, the Avior 7000; much better grip, shape, software and still has a flawless sensor.

That wasnt the 2013 version then, this ruber isnt slippery and doesnt peel off. It doesnt even leave any sweat marks on it, or even if it does its watery and u can wipe it off with no problem
KinkiN
I'm using Dragon War - Dragunov. I think it's good and cheap :P
silmarilen
ive been using the logitech g300 for about 2.5 years now and still not a single issue. it's a bit on the small side tho.
NixXSkate
As far as mice with perfect/near perfect sensors, the best choices for mouse only are:

Heavy/Big mice (good for stability while clicking):
Microsoft IME3.0- The standard among most asians, used by Change, Shizuru, Lemonwater, Pyonta, etc., 400 DPI, be sure to overclock
Razer DeathAdder (Black)- Most stable DeathAdder IMO, some might not like how the buttons don't bottom out though.

Normal Size mice:
Microsoft Intellimouse 1.1a- 400 DPI, be sure to overclock
Mionix Avior 7000- Pretty low lift-off, 7000 DPI
Roccat Pure Kone Optical
MAYBE CM Storm Alcor- Similar to IME3.0 shape but smaller, but never tried this mouse out yet.
MAYBE Roccat Savu- Low control speed.

Small mice:
CM Storm Spawn
CM Storm Recon- Poor balance, but very well made buttons.
MAYBE Logitech G100S- Not a perfect sensor like the rest on the list, but very close.

Other good mice I would NOT recommend for mouse ONLY:
Razer Abyssus- Razer quality
Microsoft WMO 1.1a- 400 DPI, stiff buttons (or maybe it's just mine...)
Logitech G400/G400S- Great mouse but the shape and buttons aren't well suited for mouse only.
Mionix Naos 7000- Comfy, but poor grip for precision aiming.
Zowie FK/AM/EC/EC2- Very low liftoff, weak mouse buttons, would not recommend Zowie mice for osu!, more for fps games.

Mice with perfect sensors I'm unsure about:
Razer Krait, Steelseries Rival/Kana V2, Corsair M45, Mad Catz R.A.T. 3 Optical
uberpancake
Note that the chinese manufactured IME 3.0 does not use the same switches as the japanese one though.
RaneFire
It's really difficult finding a comfortable mouse that works well for mouse only. I'd suggest trying a microsoft WMO 1.1a or equivalent shape (there are a few newer mice these days with this shape). It was pretty decent back when I had one. A comfortable grip and clickability matters a lot more especially for mouse only.

Personally I'm interested in what CM is cooking up for their next mouse. I've also looked around and I'm hard-pressed to find a decent mouse with a grip that works effortlessly for me. My G400 still hurts my pinky finger after having used this shape for 7-8 years, and the buttons are getting harder with each revision to mx500's legacy, so now my finger joints are acting up. Despite having been so faithful to this line of mice, I still don't see myself buying a another one. Now if I can just find the perfect mouse (which doesn't seem to exist)... I know what shape I want, but it never seems to come with everything else I want... out of a relatively simple design.
B1rd

wildcookie wrote:

B1rd wrote:

That wasnt the 2013 version then, this ruber isnt slippery and doesnt peel off. It doesnt even leave any sweat marks on it, or even if it does its watery and u can wipe it off with no problem
it is the 2013 version.
Archension
+1 for the 2013 version Deathadder. Been using it for a year without any problems and its by far the best mouse I've used for osu. It definitely tracks more accurately than my old Logitech MX518, Steelseries sensei, and Corsair M65. The rubber actually helps my grip considerably compared to the 2012 version deathadder that doesn't have the grips.
hersa37
It's better if you go around shops and actually try to hold the mice they have till you have one that fits in your hands the way you want it rather than asking other's what's best.
Cocaine dog
I used to use a razer naga of all things because it gave me a nice grip on the mouse that I could adjust to whatever I felt was best aswell :)
but something with a good grip I suppose.. AND WIRED
uNfEiL
Hey NixXSkate thank you very much for your mouse list!

Can you please make another one for Keyboard & Mouse players? (Like Keyboard for clicking & Mouse for aiming to be exact). Because I want to buy a new mouse but I dont know whether to buy SteelSeries Kana v2 or CM Storm Alcor. Ive been using MX518 but I feel like its pretty big for me so I want a bit smaller. My grip: http://imgur.com/a/qBBXd

Thanks for reply!