forum

NightCore Hello Kitty (Metal Version)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
l1mi
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on den 25 juni 2014 at 16:08:28

Artist:
Title: NightCore Hello Kitty (Metal Version)
BPM: 151,65
Filesize: 5373kb
Play Time: 02:32
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (5,48 stars, 692 notes)
  2. Normal (2,42 stars, 372 notes)
Download: NightCore Hello Kitty (Metal Version)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
ka ka kha khawaii

Im aware that I mix 0,8 and 0,4 distance spacing, I need to think about it.If this way of mapping dont belong in a normal diff this way. Then it would be nice to have it confirmed.
ndkm
For Normal:

Make sure to use distance snapping. Some notes felt uncomfortable with the awkward spacing like:

00:15:727 (4,5) - Which are pretty far apart especially since the two notes are next to each other in the time line. Since they are far apart, it felt awkward when playing notes like:

00:17:551 (8,1) - Which are fairly close together despite them being farther apart in the timeline.
Topic Starter
l1mi

A n d y wrote:

For Normal:

Make sure to use distance snapping. Some notes felt uncomfortable with the awkward spacing like:

00:15:727 (4,5) - Which are pretty far apart especially since the two notes are next to each other in the time line. Since they are far apart, it felt awkward when playing notes like:

00:17:551 (8,1) - Which are fairly close together despite them being farther apart in the timeline.

00:15:727 (4,5) - Think I changed the offset before I got your message so the time is not the same on the timeline. (or the color combo). But I think I know what you mean, its the opposite. I didnt place the notes further apart its rather the other way around. I made it an "unlogical" distance spacing to help the player read the map and understand its a fast click coming. So instead of using 0,8 distance spacing im using 0,4 when its a red and white note. (fast click) Just to go back to the normal/intended distance spacing directly after.

The only purpose with this is to make the contrast bigger so its easier to read, but if it dont even help anyone read the map better then it kinda dont serve its own purpose. Because the distance spacing is so small to start with, its hard to see the difference otherwise. At least that was my initial thought. I could stack the notes on eachother (wich I did at some parts too) but that would be an unlogical distance spacing as well and it dont want to stack notes too often. So I really agree that youre right, im just not sure how to solve it. Its a pain to deal with mapping rules. TT

00:17:551 (8,1) - If I understand it correctly its another example of the thing above. But if we talk about logic, the shorter distance spacing (0,4) would suggest that im suddenly mapping in 1/8 and thats not very likley. So for me its no doubt about how to read a map like this but maybe its not something you can demand from people playing a normal difficulty.

So.. I know its a problem now but I dont know what to proceed. If anyone do that would be welcome. Maybe I overthink this, should I just stick to one distance spacing through all map and stack notes in an unreadable cluster with low AR big CS called "normal"?
Avena
This song is the biggest abomination I've ever heard.
I'm proud of you.
Topic Starter
l1mi

Priti wrote:

This song is the biggest abomination I've ever heard.
I'm proud of you.
Everything sounds nice if its a metal remix, even the terrible abonimation Arvil Larvinge who spit out noise of a quality fit on albums named: Hits for kids 4! ; )
PrivatHansi1
just to let you know, i'm gonna remap this cause KAWAII ... deal with it brudah
PrivatHansi1

PrivatHansi1 wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/200394
Topic Starter
l1mi

PrivatHansi1 wrote:

Cool, go for it! Ill try it out tomorrow, im sure its awesome. = )
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.