forum

Kenji Ninuma - DISCO★PRINCE (We <3 Katamari)

posted
Total Posts
show more
phill_old
Look out for my awful awful scores, coming up!
Extor
Nice! I'm second on that one. Now the competitive stuff begins! XD

Also, I don't know if this is my browser / PC / whatever. But I can't see the rank "D" pic.

Oh, and about the song. Since I don't know the lyrics or the song itself. (Yeah, I never played Katamari =O ) Some of the circles were at the same distance but with different times. When I get used to it, I did the scores you see in the page.

One question though. There will be only 1 entry per person? (The best one) or all the results will appear there?
Topic Starter
peppy
Yeah - sorry about the distance. I tried to keep it standard, but felt guilty approaching the 1 hour mark and returned to coding before I could make minor adjustments. I think after a few plays, you get used to the placement though, and personally I'm not overly fussed about the distance rule :P.

Extor wrote:

One question though. There will be only 1 entry per person? (The best one) or all the results will appear there?
One per person per beatmap/difficulty combination.

Oh, and the "D" sprite -- I'll upload that when I get home... I forgot to this morning :oops:.
Extor
Yeah, I figured out that. But still the beats aren't too difficult to go along with. There would be a problem if there were more than 3 different times with different spacings. XP

And the one rank per user-difficulty is awesome. =D

Oh, and thank Phill for the "D" sprite. =P
phill_old
haha! I'm so terrible at these games... *goes back to playing Phantom Hourglass*
phill_old
I've added the ability to see if mods (Easy/Nofail/etc) were enabled to the song page.

http://osu.ppy.sh/index.php?p=song&s=49
eyup
Trying to play this on my new laptop with included (tiny) laptop mouse - failing miserably :D

But from what I can see, the map is a stunner for a 1 hour rush job! Amazing work 8-) You should take more time out from coding :mrgreen:

EDIT: OK after playing this with a proper mouse on non-lagging desktop, I can confirm my initial suspicions that this map was gold :mrgreen: Only thing I've noticed is that the combo phrasing start/finish seems a little strange towards the end, but that's to be expected for a quick job like this one! Great use of finish and whistle sounds - really adds a lot to the feel of the song and got me tuned in to the rhythm straight away!
Ezzpify
I meet a problem. :|
I put the .osz into songs folder.
Then I startup osu!.But the song is not displayed in songs list.
I check up the folder,then I discover the .osu cannot be extracted. :|
Asking for solution :|
Topic Starter
peppy
I was waiting for this problem to come up! Its actually to do with zip files not supporting unicode.
As a temporary solution - rename the osz to a zip and extract it yourself to its own directory in the Songs folder (hopefully the zip program you use will be able to read the file ok ><).

I am looking into this, and seeing what options are available! Sorry for the inconvenience.
JacoPOP
Oh F*ck!
This is sooo damn hard! I don't want to use any mod.. so I'm struggling..

I can make a combo of 150.. but I noticed that if you miss a spin and a couple of hits.. you're already dead..
Damn..

I was wondering.. if someone modify the song and plays it with the very same name (and file size..).. ehm.. is this a way to cheat?
does it works?
Topic Starter
peppy
I've heard from a few people that I made this too hard... but I think with practice you can succeed! I was aiming to make a challenging difficulty that could be learnt over a few plays and become a really fun beatmap - similar to the ones you find on cheergirl mode in ouendan :).

And no, you cant cheat ;)
Huskatron
cant download :(

Edit: could someone who has this leave a link? please.
laport
still broken plz fix
Huskatron

laport wrote:

still broken plz fix
Found one!

Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?aj118rcij8jpi11
Alurn
This will, forever be the best beatmap on Osu!
Leper
Tbh, this map is terrible.
- Marco -
The first beatmap on osu :D
Shrik
mlg/420 of the millennium
DeletedUser_3349827
Hi peppy
Cocoa Hoto
#NEVERFORGET
Frc
Hi mom