forum

[invalid] False Note in CtB

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
_dog
Mania, Taiko, and Standard have the ability to make notes feel more influential than others.
Taking an idea from ITG, I believe there should be a false note in CtB as it plays very differently than every other mode because you aren't actually tapping to the beat.

In the editor you can select a note you have placed and make it a false note. False notes can be placed when others notes are visible. Meaning that they can actually be placed at the same time as another note. The idea is that if mappers in CtB want a more influential note or want to create an effect the music, they can place false notes next to their normal notes so you have to be more careful and accurate when getting them.
Granger
Im going to dissagree for several reasons.

Firstly, what do you mean with "Make a note feel more influtential"? How does catch the beat not have ways to do this as opposed to other gamemodes?

Does it mean that the note is mantadory to catch correctly? If so, how do the other gamemodes that what CtB cant? If anything CtB got more ways to do so than any other gamemode, namely the hyperdash notes. Miss one of those and you'll miss the next note (if not entire series of notes) for guranteed, therefore that particular note is mantadory to hit properly.

Does it mean more influential on health? There isnt anything you could do in other gamemodes you couldnt in CtB, which would be the last note of a combo and drainsections to make players who miss the next note fail.

I checked out your profile, do you even know how to play CtB? As you dont have any records for it (you never played it), no, you dont. For the harder difficulties and speeds (aswell for any ctb specific map) you will have to hit notes accurately. Time improper and miss. You have to do it accurate or you miss and thats true for any given note on these difficulties. Not to mention the Hyperdash i already explained. This causes a scencario where these false notes wouldnt actually matter if they're there or not. They will just clutter the screen more and make it harder to read.
Additionally, you said "You aren't actually tapping to the beat.", this isnt true, due the etact timing needed for the fruits you simply wont have time to not tap to the beat.

Next, let me mention how the false fruits would affect gameplay.
I think you're mainly aiming to punish dashing to a fruit you wouldnt need to dash to, the false note can do that, alright. Now what stops me from dashing next to the false and continue dashing once it passed? Another false. And so on, to the point where you could just use a slider to force the player to move at certain speeds.

Lastly, what would those false notes do? You didnt specify this but im going to assume they take a chunk of your health and/or break your combo.
Lowering the accuracy because those does not make sense.

All in all, this makes just as much sense as a false note for standard mode which freezes your cursor for a bit when you hover it, to discourage snapping.
Topic Starter
_dog
I think you didn't get the point of the false note. Also I haven't played the games until a couple days ago in the past 6 months, i have no records for anything. A false note is something like a bomb in ITG(In the groove) When you hit it it breaks your combo. False notes are used in ITG to make beats seem and look more influential as in stronger beats feel better. A simple jump in CtB or dash doesn't feel influential for everything, and sometimes you don't want multiple dash fruits in your map. Your argument that I can't play is a silly one but anyways if you actually took the time to learn what ITG bombs are or even go over my post a bit you would understand what a false note is. If you don't like the idea it's fine but bashing? Really?
They don't affect how you play at all except on harder beats you have to be more accurate in hitting the normal notes.

A false note is something you DON'T try to hit.

"All in all, this makes just as much sense as a false note for standard mode which freezes your cursor for a bit when you hover it, to discourage snapping.'
This is a false analogy. The two ideas do not add up. Standard already has its ways of doing things. Taiko has double k's and d's. Mania has multiple keys to hit. What does CtB have? A fruit that sends you to the right or left and with almost perfect accuracy. My idea is to provide more options than this.

Only CtB special maps can have false notes, not standard ones so there is actually no problem converting, because there is no way to turn a CtB map into a standard one. Thank you.
Yukiteru Amano
This seems very stupid and unnecessary...
deadbeat
yeah, agreeing with Yukiteru. i can see this going badly
Flanster
step/beatmania mines in ctb
lol.