forum

Halozy - Genryuu Kaiko

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nathan
Congrats for making it past qualification HW!

Yuchu
I'm strongly against maps which are ranked because hype.... hype led by people who know nothing about the game and mapping.
Bearizm

Alex Li wrote:

iif u don't like the map plz just vote 1 and don't play it
Plz don't judge the mapper
Mapping is a hard thing, and mappers put a lot of effort in every map, specially this mapper
it's hard because you never dedicate yourself to mapping. If you do map, you'd understand that this is ridiculous. Stop crying over judgements, you're obviously a child if you really think judging is wrong. Judging is what humans do to excel and it's HILARIOUS to think that you won't get judgements or criticism from publishing something, even a map in a rhythm game.

Ash Marley wrote:

Amai, you don't need to play it if you don't like it or are unable to FC it.

This is a map that many many people really like and wanted to be ranked, even when they know they can't pass it. This is a game, and games are played for the enjoyment. If you can't FC it, then so what? Lower difficulties can be made. Rhythm games should always have crazy hard maps.
Talking about FCing things and enjoyment.. Enjoyment is a very subjective matter, bringing that is definitely a no, and even if he can't FC it, what makes you think that he shouldn't criticize on the map and express what he believes in? You have 4 times less PP than him so don't talk about difficulty with him because you're in no way experienced enough to touch on this subject... He's seen and played more terrible maps than you do. I agree that rhythm games should always have crazy maps but not forced ones like this map.
Nathan
can you guys not

You're free to express your opinion on the map, but if it's going to be directed at someone you should probably take it somewhere else.
DeletedUser_4329079
It's ranked

Get over it and stop spamming
Sellenite

[ Madoka ] wrote:

it's hard because you never dedicate yourself to mapping. If you do map, you'd understand that this is ridiculous. Stop crying over judgements, you're obviously a child if you really think judging is wrong. Judging is what humans do to excel and it's HILARIOUS to think that you won't get judgements or criticism from publishing something, even a map in a rhythm game.
you're obviously a child like you mention,just like a crazy always criticise.stop shitting post and get out plz jk
hilarious kid
Cherry Blossom
Awh god, this map has survived.
Even though i'm not really fan of your maps. Just have my respects.
Low
HW!!!!!!!!!!!
Kite
Grats HW, respect to you
MirinH

[ Madoka ] wrote:

Alex Li wrote:

iif u don't like the map plz just vote 1 and don't play it
Plz don't judge the mapper
Mapping is a hard thing, and mappers put a lot of effort in every map, specially this mapper
too bad that i do map
and i didnt say that "judging" is wrong
i just that the map has no problem at all, why judge on people's style because you hate it
judge is for fixing, not judging, THANKS
happy30
can you map the song i created??
After seeing this map I think you'll have the talent to do so! :D
http://puu.sh/haAND/bb6e996454.mp3

just kidding~ ;)
Bearizm

Sellenite wrote:

you're obviously a child like you mention,just like a crazy always criticise.stop shitting post and get out plz jk
hilarious kid
I'm telling them to get over it if someone judges a map. It's only natural if you get judgmental people commenting on maps, after all, what's good or bad is debatable. How am I a child or a hypocrite of what I said? If someone said my maps are crap, sure, I'll take it. I'll prolly ignore them if they're not very constructive and I'm not going to get all depressed and cry in the corner over it.

Alex Li wrote:

too bad that i do map
i just that the map has no problem at all, why judge on people's style because you hate it
I know you map, but you talk like as if it's an achievement. Mapping's not hard, but ranking is. He did point out what he thought was wrong. the copy paste and sharp turn in streams. Isn't that a judgement for fixing? Are you illiterate?

happy30 wrote:

can you map the song i created??
After seeing this map I think you'll have the talent to do so! :D
http://puu.sh/haAND/bb6e996454.mp3

just kidding~ ;)
HW go go, 'happy30 - Untitled (Extended Mix)'
MirinH

[ Madoka ] wrote:

Alex Li wrote:

too bad that i do map
I know you map, but you talk like as if it's an achievement. Mapping's not hard, but ranking is. He did point out what he thought was wrong. the copy paste and sharp turn in streams. Isn't that a judgement for fixing? Are you illiterate?
problem means that everyone think is wrong like timing wrong
not means that only someone sees as a problem
copy and paste can be seen in a lot of good maps
and yes, thats not a judgement for fixing
im just saying that do not stop people from mapping their map in their style
Bearizm

Alex Li wrote:

>that do not stop people from mapping their map in their style.

then what's the problem?
Tachibana

i think his point is that, you can map how you want, the map itself just doesnt belong in ranked, its a good fun map, it just shouldnt ranked
gregest
the salt is real
GhostFrog
If you have a problem with a map, make suggestions before the map is ranked. Insulting the mapper and publically arguing about map quality after the map is ranked helps no one and just makes you look bitter.
hehe
mashallah
Flower
出狱啦
leepdesu

handsome wrote:

mashallah
tokaku

handsome wrote:

mashallah
Kato

handsome wrote:

mashallah
Tatch

handsome wrote:

mashallah
gregest
Singapore attacked this thread
ac8129464363
Slovakia attacked this thread
gregest
I'm hungarian :c
ac8129464363
same
Andrea
I tried to give this thread a bit more hope but it seems like nothing is gonna change.

Locked.

Edit: Unlocked.
Squigly

Andrea wrote:

I tried to give this thread a bit more hope but it seems like nothing is gonna change.

Locked.

aaaa flame flame flame whi iz ranked flame flame

U wu
Pahare
Great job HW perfect map please never give up from mapping
GRR SNARL GROWL

Squigly wrote:

Andrea wrote:

Locked.

aaaa flame flame flame whi iz ranked flame flame

U wu
same tbh
Spaghetti

handsome wrote:

mashallah
- Marco -
#BlameAndrea
nhule12345

- Marco - wrote:

#BlameAndrea

lol
DeletedUser_4329079
derp
Spayyce
lole
Drowned Crow
:cry:
Sonnyc
I've finally took a look on this map, and I can feel so much effort. Good work. (Though the slider arts weren't awesome at all for me haha)
TicClick
I don't know how many players this message will reach and whether the mapper themselves is subscribed to the thread, but still.

It may strike you as unexpected, but I came here to apologize to Hollow Wings (and every single person who's been supporting this map) for my past behaviour. During these two years, in my thoughts I've returned to the whole situation around Genryuu Kaiko over and over, over and over, and eventually I felt I couldn't justify decisions I took back then. Moreover, I found them really harmful and, well, let's say it, absolutely pointless and unnecessary. Havind disqualified the map, I;ve stopped following it and left it hanging in the air, I have only made a lame reference to similar events that took place in the past, hell, I haven't even stated in a clear and acceptable way what WAS wrong with the map in the first place. While I should have been busy moderating the ranked maps section, I started censoring it, being convinced that this is the way it should be.

Although this very post has little to no value due to long time passed since the described events, it's sincere. While I still can't say I like Genryuu Kaiko or welcome it, I have to agree that what I've done was absolutely awful and... unfair? Yeah, that was it. I shouldn't have let my personal preferences and views take precedence over everything else.

In other words, I am sorry for what I've done to both the map and Hollow Wings. I also think my post should be public and belong to the thread, just like the cause of it.