posted
Total Posts
show more
Depths
Congrats again HW!!
FlowHomie
What is distance snap again?
What is overlapping sliders again?

Thanks for reminding me, i totally forgot.
GhostFrog
I thought I would never see this day a second time. Congrats!
Infeh
GRATZ!!!!!
Omfg i love you hollow wings! <3 best map!!!!
Athrun
yay! Gratz~
Anxient
this map finaly got ranked...
that took long enough... :D
congratz HW!
naborz_old
Awesome map...
Bearizm

Loctav wrote:

The sole fact that you disregard the issues filed by the Quality Assurance Team as "this is just an opinion" makes me believe, that you forgot most portions of the very nice conversation we two once had.

You may think that "everyone has a different opinion", this is totally fine. But please consider, osu! is an online-game, moderated and maintained by the osu! staff. A "ranked beatmap" is no more and no less than a beatmap that is considered as "good to go by the osu!staff and therefore labeled as official osu! beatmap, granting it full online features and being counted into our official ranking algorithms". The QAT belongs to this staff. The QAT is entitled to decide, whether or not a beatmap should or should not be part of the "official osu! beatmaps". You are free to decide on your own, if you want to join these bunch of "official beatmaps" or not. But if you want to join them, you must meet our very subjective criteria of what is good and what not.
The QAT is entitled by the higher osu! staff to decide on their very own degree on that.

You all take this entire "joining the ranks of osu!'s official beatmap roster" for granted, even tho it's a privilege. It is fairly easy to join if you please the simple quality standards we hold up here, but you also risk to not join this ranks if you overdo it (according to this Disqualification post, this is the case).

As MilhioreF said, you are still free to map and do whatever you want. Poop all the circles across the playfield, go for it! But if we do not want this beatmaps to count into our official ranking algorithms, because we consider them as not "good enough", you have to deal with it.

You can stop arguing about what is subjective, what is objective, what is intersubjective and what would the map may look like if mapped by sprosive. That doesn't really matter at all. The Ranking Criteria itself is a formal guideline of "fundamental rules" that MUST be hold in in all circumstances. Everything else is on a "case by case" basis. This does NOT MEAN that mapping must ONLY obey the RC and nothing else. You still must map reasonable.

I looked on this map - and top tier players may like it, but as TicClick stated, this is NOT what we expect to join our official osu! rankings yet. It is unpolished, it is overdone, the music is not complimenting the map sufficiently (no one said, it must be a 1:1 copy of the music, but the degree it is syncing and pleasing the music is subpar).

And Hollow Wings, we discussed that already. You seem to forget partially that this is a game, after all. And I do not know who you let testplay, but I suggest you to find more testplayers, especially ones that do not run around your skirt and yell "oooh, HW-sama, you do so great", because that's how many people here talk. They lack of serious criticism.

If you fail to map beatmaps reasonably and stop trying to squeeze an abomination chimera of the big black, freedom dive and strange program on a 173bpm e-guitaresque song, where every normal person would use like 45% of the sum of all hitobjects used here instead, please do not try to get them approved - or at least don't be so pissed and butthurt about it, if you can not make it into the "Official osu! beatmaps".

If you continue to ignore this advise, this beatmap will be nuked. I won't repeat myself again.

Locked for now. PM me if you want to reply to this.

And please stop using "coz" "u" and "plz". Your English is already very difficult to read. Using fancy, pseudo-fluent abbreviations makes it look stupid. Just an advise from friend to friend :C
Loctav where are you
Enon
it's best map of 2015..
Dextersydney
Nice map, Gratz! 8-)
SolarFox
grats!!!!!!!!!
Makan1
wat ._.
ak74
I see lots of comments flood in _(:з」∠)_

Obviously,a great extension.
Gratz and good luck :)

球球
Woddles
garven dont you dare
Flask
恭喜~
Frostmourne
Congratz HW <3
Litharrale
inb4: DQ due to SV change at 02:59:191 (1)
Ciyus Miapah
nice map
Irreversible
Glad to see it reranked! Congratz.
Kodora
grats!!

you didn't let me approve :c
Yuchu

Enon wrote:

it's best map of 2015..
xDDD
Gero
I'm not fan of this kind of map but seem like you worked a lot on this so congratulations.
Kuronora
one of the best maps on osu :D the spacing is just amazing *.*
Garven

Woddles wrote:

garven dont you dare
I didnt care before, but now its quite tempting. Thanks for.the heads up, Woddles.
MirinH
Woddles

Garven wrote:

Woddles wrote:

garven dont you dare
I didnt care before, but now its quite tempting. Thanks for.the heads up, Woddles.
Wow I guess reverse psychology actually does work :^)
Saoji
Congratz !! Such an amazing map.
Ash Marley
Index was ranked 4th 50% the way through the map. Crazy :)
AmaiHachimitsu
Will every map with difficulty curve so broken be ranked in the future?
I don't know what the glorious pp algorithm may say, but for players who are skilled enough for this map the 5-circled extraordinarily spaced streams are the worst while the rest is relatively easy.

00:45:145 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - In case you didn't know what part it is. (I put aside the fact that it's ctrl+c'd ctrl+v'd later)
Perhaps mappers and some average players won't notice it, but the angle at which these streams are shaped is totally unnatural and incredibly uncomfortable. The best thing one could do is to imagine how the cursor would have to move. Is this playable? Yeah, once in 30 tries

This applies to 100% of the said players, making the map look like this: (yes, index and hvick included)

EZEZEZEZEZ-HARDER-FUCKMYLIFE-EZEZEZEZEZEZEZEZ-HARDER-FUCKMYLIFE-EZEZEZEZZzZzZzZzZzZzZ-HARD-FUCKMYLIFE5X

You simply play a map casually and out of sudden you miss in a calm part of the song because fk you.

I was pretty sure it was established that difficult parts in a map should appear when the part's music is intense, the only intense parts are chorus (which is among the easiest parts) and the very end (fair enough, it's hard as it should be). This map throws away any possible logic when it comes to mapping-for-gameplay. I'm aware gameplay no longer is taken into account though. This map is a piece of copypaste art and should remain like that.... in graveyard. It is somehow fun because of the streams, it is a great warm-up, but ranking a map where luck is required the most in order to get a full combo is unnecessary. I could even say it's plain wrong. Ranking introduces some kind of competition, but the competition in this case is as fair as watermelon splitting contest.

I don't see this map being unqualified, this post is to show my (and not only) opinion about this map and perhaps some others which have been ranked recently. We saw a deluge of some very difficult maps ranked quite comfortably in quick successions. But nobody bothers... if the spacing is right, overmap isn't visible and it looks okay - go ranked mate! This is something that rarely (if ever) happened 1 year ago. What I'd like to ask is to put more heart into such maps and possibly cooperate with more over-average players. Call me an elitist, but I can't possibly trust that 6+ star should be ranked so easily when among beatmap nominators there are less than 5 capable players (who would at least pass this map here, for instance).

Thank you and start mapping HW, stop copypaste
Rockageek

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Thank you and start mapping HW, stop copypaste
Ash Marley
Amai, you don't need to play it if you don't like it or are unable to FC it.

This is a map that many many people really like and wanted to be ranked, even when they know they can't pass it. This is a game, and games are played for the enjoyment. If you can't FC it, then so what? Lower difficulties can be made. Rhythm games should always have crazy hard maps.
AmaiHachimitsu

Ash Marley wrote:

This is a map that many many people really like and wanted to be ranked, even when they know they can't pass it. This is a game, and games are played for the enjoyment. If you can't FC it, then so what? Lower difficulties can be made. Rhythm games should always have crazy hard maps.
I saw this kind of post coming

How can you like a map you can't play? Maps are for playing, not for admiring. Maps are not (supposed to be) ranked because they look nice. Plus there are some rules governing the ranking procedure and I can see dozens of maps which are of better quality yet they are not ranked. If you took your time and read my post, you would've understood that it's not the "difficulty" itself that is the problem. It's the difficulty curve and the kind of pattern which makes this map TROLL, not difficult. Without the said pattern it wouldn't fall below 6.5 stars. I'm strongly against maps which are ranked because hype.... hype led by people who know nothing about the game and mapping. This is like gov election. It seems that you did NOT read my post carefully, so let me quote myself.

this post is to show my (and not only) opinion about this map and perhaps some others which have been ranked recently.
saying the constantly-repeated "if you don't like it, don't do it" phrase is out of place.

Uhh, "don't read my criticism if you're unable to acknowledge it"

I hereby demand Elementalia and Big Prizes ranked.
Ash Marley
It's playable, and it's not impossible. It doesn't need to be FCable by everyone, since other difficulties can be made. I'd understand if parts of the maps required a hundred taps per second, making it impossible. I'd understand if it's physically impossible to move the cursor fast enough on a section. It does seem out of place at parts, like streams that don't go with the music. But it seems just the difficulty changing at different points you don't agree with. Is that not just like saying "it's too hard for me"? It's not an easy/medium/hard/insane map, so I don't see what's the problem, since these kinds of difficulties are usually less flowing to be more challenging.
Pappy

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

EZEZEZEZEZ-HARDER-FUCKMYLIFE-EZEZEZEZEZEZEZEZ-HARDER-FUCKMYLIFE-EZEZEZEZZzZzZzZzZzZzZ-HARD-FUCKMYLIFE5X
3/4 of maps are like this
Every map have harder section
so what's wrong with it?
it's typical "omg i hate this map because it hard"

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Ash Marley wrote:

This is a map that many many people really like and wanted to be ranked, even when they know they can't pass it. This is a game, and games are played for the enjoyment.
How can you like a map you can't play?
can pass =/= can play

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

but ranking a map where luck is required the most in order to get a full combo is unnecessary. I could even say it's plain wrong. Ranking introduces some kind of competition, but the competition in this case is as fair as watermelon splitting contest.
If you have enough skill, being lucky is not requirement.

About copypaste, this thing is in mapping for long years and nobody complains about it. look at Lust's maps

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

What I'd like to ask is to put more heart into such maps and possibly cooperate with more over-average players. Call me an elitist, but I can't possibly trust that 6+ star should be ranked so easily when among beatmap nominators there are less than 5 capable players (who would at least pass this map here, for instance).
Beatmap Nominators are asking for testplays/opinions good players if they can't play the map (if not, they should lol, but I believe they do o.o)

pozdrawjam qwq
Reviz
Not hating, this map is somewhat fun to play, but I can clearly see HW's motivation for this: "this is the song I really like, but it's too calm, the map would be too easy, better throw some spaced streams and fast sliders all over it".
Also, where's Loctav? Did his stance on this changed?
MirinH
iif u don't like the map plz just vote 1 and don't play it
Plz don't judge the mapper
Mapping is a hard thing, and mappers put a lot of effort in every map, specially this mapper
Nathan
Congrats for making it past qualification HW!

Yuchu
I'm strongly against maps which are ranked because hype.... hype led by people who know nothing about the game and mapping.
Bearizm

Alex Li wrote:

iif u don't like the map plz just vote 1 and don't play it
Plz don't judge the mapper
Mapping is a hard thing, and mappers put a lot of effort in every map, specially this mapper
it's hard because you never dedicate yourself to mapping. If you do map, you'd understand that this is ridiculous. Stop crying over judgements, you're obviously a child if you really think judging is wrong. Judging is what humans do to excel and it's HILARIOUS to think that you won't get judgements or criticism from publishing something, even a map in a rhythm game.

Ash Marley wrote:

Talking about FCing things and enjoyment.. Enjoyment is a very subjective matter, bringing that is definitely a no, and even if he can't FC it, what makes you think that he shouldn't criticize on the map and express what he believes in? You have 4 times less PP than him so don't talk about difficulty with him because you're in no way experienced enough to touch on this subject... He's seen and played more terrible maps than you do. I agree that rhythm games should always have crazy maps but not forced ones like this map.
Nathan
can you guys not

You're free to express your opinion on the map, but if it's going to be directed at someone you should probably take it somewhere else.
show more