forum

Halozy - Genryuu Kaiko

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kodora
woohoo, stream party! :)

P. S. It is not overmapped. Listen to the hitsounds carefully.

+Starred.
Ashasaki
At last , the sb has finally in! :>
Nyxa
How can you say that there is 1/4 in the song and then that the 1/4 in the map is overmapped?
Mei
这sb,服了
Ethercastle

Mei wrote:

这sb,服了
Dispel
How is this map not ranked it is so good and well made! Great job!
Nyxa
Okay, so I've been reading through the thread, and some of the hate I'm seeing is really unnecessary, so to clarify the 1/4 for some people;

It's there. Almost all of the streams have been mapped to quite clear 1/4 hihats in the background - this an an Extra, and it is perfectly fine to map to sounds that are harder to hear. The fact that you can't hear it doesn't mean that it's not there, and if it is, it's not overmapped. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's fine to dislike this map, but that doesn't warrant bashing on it without even trying to give suggestions to help improve it. You can either give suggestions for the mapper, support them, or stay quiet. There is absolutely no value in going on a map's thread to say "this is shit", "I'll kill myself if this gets ranked", "watch BATs rank this because they have no clue of what a good map is", and so on. All you're doing with that is hurting the mapper's feelings, which is unnecessary. They put a lot of effort into their map, and then someone comes and completely crushes their excitement over their finished product.

A map's difficulty isn't the main factor that determines its rankability or playability. Just look at this map - Inbachi is a very good difficulty, it fits the song well and has good rhythm and flow, but it's 8.31 stars. Despite that, it'd still be rankable with enough modding, and the scoreboards also wouldn't be filled with FC's. It's not inherently bad for a scoreboard to not be filled with FC's - it just means that the map is difficult. It says very little about the quality of the map, and it isn't a real reason not to rank it.

There are plenty of easier ranked maps that aren't really all that enjoyable, but get no complaints because people can play them. This need to bash mappers that make difficult maps needs to stop. It's childish and it doesn't help any mapper with their map. Even if the map is absolute shit, you're not helping the mapper improve by saying things like that. Maybe next time you can try to post in a thread when you have something of value to say, or at least post a decently-sized mod pointing out precisely why the mapper is shit, instead of just saying that they are. And be nice about it. It's not like the mapper punched you in the face. They placed circles to a song for fuck's sakes.

I'm sorry for the long post, but I'm tired of seeing people needlessly bash a map without putting any effort into helping it improve. It's low to do and inhibits a mapper's creativity, because they become afraid of being attacked for trying something new, which causes maps to be of a quality lower than what they could've been.

I really enjoy playing this map. I did from the first time I played, and I still would if I weren't sick at the moment. It's one of my favorite maps in the game, which is why is decided to post this. It needs more support, and I hope that it gets ranked soon. It'll add some more colour to our immense pool of TV size maps that just seem to be mapped to be rankable, instead of being impressive, unique, and enjoyable. Shooting you a star.
Rixia Mao

Tess wrote:

O It's not like the mapper punched you in the face.
i think its perfectly ok for a mapper to punch somebody in the face after all the 'i'll kill my self' 'this map is shit' things.

Or you can just watch 'em killing themselves
Hakurei Yoru
SB有点美>w<
Tarrasky
make a map for 0.2% of the players play, gratters
CLSW
HW, you are genius.

hehe
jesus christ is it happening
Akali

Tarrasky wrote:

That's way more interesting than making a map that 99,98% players can play.
xxdeathx

handsome wrote:

jesus christ is it happening
not till it gets bubbled
Pappy

Tarrasky wrote:

Somebody must do it.
I don't understand why ppl doesn't like harsh maps lol ;;
Scorpiour
Bubbled #1

and the reason i finally decide to bubble this map:

tbh, personally i'm not very satisfied with the "style", and it's also looked "too hard" than usually this kinda song supposed to be.

However, there have been too many "safely mapping style" maps in the community which makes the mapping circumstance lifeless. With the improving overall mapping skill of mappers, homogenization issue increasingly serious as well.

so i wish this bubble may encourage mappers to, at least, think about the creative.
PatZar
hype !
PatZar
hype !
CSLM
it's happening!! :O
10nya

CSLMVenezuela wrote:

xxdeathx

Genocide wrote:

hype !
that double post o-o

10nya wrote:

CSLMVenezuela wrote:

Koiyuki
Although I also have a pressing hope to push this map forward, I have to pop it first, sorry.

1. Just some complaints.
  2. My personal suggestions.
  3. Highly recommended.
  4. Unrankable, you have to fix it.
The following hitsounds are unused:
soft-slidertick2.wavdrum-hitwhistle3.wav
I'm not sure whether the rule contains spinnerspin.wav, but you'd better fix the delay about 30ms of it.
soft-hitclap.wav has a 3ms delay, although it's ok for rule, consider to fix it.

Mysterious Hymn

1. 00:44:625 (1,2,3) - compare with other similar patterns, so you can make it a bigger jump?
  2. 01:22:688 (5) - if you can nc here... also same to the following as 01:33:873 (5) -
  3. 04:10:289 (5,6,7,8,9) - why? that 7 uhh.
  4. 04:25:116 (16,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - make this in a curve is better, since such a long stream will be end soon.
  5. 04:27:110 (4,5,6,7,8) - enlarge the ds?
Not so much issues on the map, although it's so crazy.
You can call Scorpiour to have a recheck before poking me back.
hehe
Topic Starter
Hollow Wings

Minakami Yuki wrote:

Although I also have a pressing hope to push this map forward, I have to pop it first, sorry.

1. Just some complaints.
  2. My personal suggestions.
  3. Highly recommended.
  4. Unrankable, you have to fix it.
The following hitsounds are unused: removed both.
  1. soft-slidertick2.wav
  2. drum-hitwhistle3.wav

I'm not sure whether the rule contains spinnerspin.wav, but you'd better fix the delay about 30ms of it. fixed.
soft-hitclap.wav has a 3ms delay, although it's ok for rule, consider to fix it. fixed.

Mysterious Hymn

1. 00:44:625 (1,2,3) - compare with other similar patterns, so you can make it a bigger jump? very good, changed.
  2. 01:22:688 (5) - if you can nc here... also same to the following as 01:33:873 (5) - not necessary.
  3. 04:10:289 (5,6,7,8,9) - why? that 7 uhh. regular heptagon right? not necessary as well.
  4. 04:25:116 (16,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - make this in a curve is better, since such a long stream will be end soon. changed to another style.
  5. 04:27:110 (4,5,6,7,8) - enlarge the ds? very good, changed.
Not so much issues on the map, although it's so crazy.
You can call Scorpiour to have a recheck before poking me back.
thx for modding!
Infeh
star for awesome map~
good work with this one ^_^
Koiyuki
Fine.
Rebubbled! #1
Lust
log
21:15 Hollow Wings: lllllllllust
21:15 Lust: finally you are online xD
21:15 Hollow Wings: >.<
21:15 Hollow Wings: sry for late
21:15 Hollow Wings: i just haven't got sleep for 2 days
21:15 Hollow Wings: and get up late today ;w;
21:16 Lust: dont worry about it o/
21:16 Lust: np your map
21:16 Hollow Wings: >.<
21:16 *Hollow Wings is listening to [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/433005 Halozy - Genryuu Kaiko]
21:16 Hollow Wings: thank u~
21:22 Lust: did you write the characters in the sb?
21:23 Hollow Wings: what characters?
21:23 Lust: the text
21:23 Lust: xD
21:24 Hollow Wings: u mean onotsuka komachi?
21:24 Hollow Wings: yeah
21:24 Hollow Wings: oh
21:24 Hollow Wings: well lol i think it's not necessary so nope yet
21:24 Hollow Wings: i write them
21:24 Hollow Wings: by tablet :p
21:24 Lust: they're pretty cool, nice job :3
21:24 Hollow Wings: thx www
21:30 *Lust is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/433005 Halozy - Genryuu Kaiko [Mysterious Hymn]]
21:31 Hollow Wings: 0.0
21:31 Lust: 02:03:527 (3,1) - i think it would be best if you move the slider or point it in a different direction because 1's hitburst obscures it slightly which could make it difficult to read
21:31 Lust: in such a fast paced map someone might not be paying attention
21:31 Lust: and the flow continues upwards, so the repeat coming down might not be on everyone's minds
21:32 Hollow Wings: well
21:32 Hollow Wings: 00:45:665 (1,2,3,4,5,1) -
21:32 Hollow Wings: hmm
21:32 Hollow Wings: here's a similar pattern
21:32 Hollow Wings: during testing it;s fine worked
21:33 Hollow Wings: i understand ur words
21:33 Hollow Wings: but when players play this map
21:33 Hollow Wings: their reading area will be very large
21:33 Lust: i am well aware of how those players are
21:33 Lust: however, the QATs will see an obscured repeat and will be like
21:33 Hollow Wings: so even there's objs following appeared really spaced away
21:33 Lust: oop gotta disqualify
21:33 Lust: you know? :>
21:34 Hollow Wings: they can read them well
21:34 Lust: its a nice pattern
21:34 Hollow Wings: which one is unrankble?
21:34 Lust: but imo it should be changed
21:34 Hollow Wings: well
21:34 Lust: the one i link
21:34 Hollow Wings: i think this map's gotta 90% been dq
21:34 Hollow Wings: huehue
21:35 Hollow Wings: i see
21:35 Hollow Wings: just avoid the overlapped arrow right?
21:35 Hollow Wings: changed
21:35 Lust: yeah
21:40 Lust: 01:40:636 (1,2,3,1) - i love this pattern btw, plays great
21:40 Hollow Wings: lol www
21:42 Lust: 03:20:001 (1,1) - i found this spin jump to be quite painful, the 1/4 distance coupled with its distance from the center make it a bit unnatural to play imo
21:42 Lust: you have a really fast paced play afterwards, i think moving 1 closer to the center would be a bit more beneficial
21:43 Hollow Wings: hmm
21:43 Hollow Wings: maybe i can just
21:43 Hollow Wings: shorter the spinner
21:43 Hollow Wings: and make a 1/2 gap?
21:43 Lust: that works too
21:43 Lust: yeah that will be perfect
21:43 Hollow Wings: ok, changed
21:45 Lust: where did you get these hitsounds from? the files themself
21:45 Lust: just want to make sure so i dont have to waste time checking them all
21:46 Hollow Wings: i get them from lks's hs package
21:46 Hollow Wings: well and i think not all of them r ok to the current rc
21:47 Hollow Wings: but they're been checked already
21:47 Hollow Wings: by me and yuki
21:47 Hollow Wings: but if u care about it, u can do it again
21:47 Lust: they dont have any delay and they are all longer than 100ms?
21:47 Lust: i trust you
21:47 Hollow Wings: yes
21:47 Hollow Wings: ofc
21:47 Hollow Wings: www
21:48 Lust: 05:01:359 (1) - maybe have this spinner end at 05:06:128 - since thats when the music completely fades out
21:48 Lust: the last chunk of it is silence from what i can hear
21:49 Hollow Wings: sure
21:49 Hollow Wings: changed
21:51 Lust: hm do you really need epilepsy warning? there arent that many strobing/flashing effects imo
21:51 Hollow Wings: haha lol
21:52 Hollow Wings: i think it need
21:52 Hollow Wings: s
21:52 Hollow Wings: that effect playing really a lot
21:52 Lust: if anything i'll get a seizure from the fast objects
21:52 *Lust runs
21:52 Hollow Wings: lol
21:52 Hollow Wings: at last part
21:53 Lust: the last part is the devil
21:53 Hollow Wings: all players will be flashed by those sb elements if they enable sb when playing
21:53 Lust: i am fine for most of the map
21:53 Lust: but those sliders...so difficult lol
21:53 Hollow Wings: lol yeah

Post back on the thread when you are ready for bubble #2
Topic Starter
Hollow Wings
irc with lust and avoid some unrankble issues, fixed a bit stuff and ready to move on now.
Lust
Bubble #2
ZZHBOY
瞎了
sionKotori
sweet <3
Konge
瞎了
Rincewind
瞎了
(ノ゚ω゚)
Meg