forum

How to make friend in osu! ?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Layne_old_1

buny wrote:

spectate others (not watch and afk, actually talk to them), become more involved in multi, act nice etc

people also tend to not add others if you do not tell them that you've added them also, so make sure that you mention that you've added them so they feel obliged to add you

ez friends
i afk spec all the time wahahaha
Yano
Get #1-#50 World and everyone will notice you
Topic Starter
Iceskulls
Thank you for the advice everyone <3 I will try my best
YERTI

YERTI wrote:

CelsiusLK wrote:

1. pretend to be a girl
2. attentionwhore
c. ???
4. profit
fixed
that works too
meteor22
I don't really get this. You know you are not going to be any better at the game by making friends right? So why even bother?
Volcanism

meteor22 wrote:

I don't really get this. You know you are not going to be any better at the game by making friends right? So why even bother?
Not everyone plays the game for improvement...
GoldenWolf

meteor22 wrote:

wat
meteor22

Volcanism wrote:

meteor22 wrote:

wat
Blueprint
Friends bring a bit of encouragement, they also help, it seems by being friends with me I feed people PP, takes me about 50 trys to fc stuff or a few then I give it friends and they sight read it my mind is saying "FFF UUUUUU" It's funny how easy it is to tell somebodys capabilities just by watching but you can't apply that to your self.

Besides that I'm pretty boring I wouldn't want to be my friend besides free PP
kowz
If you're comfortable with English you can join the steam group, browse the OsuGame subreddit, or do what I do and be super friendly in lobbies and tell people I added them after they have been in my lobby for a few hours and I like them. The best buddies I've found in Osu! thus far were people who also had steam (since I am on steam all the time).
nooblet

meteor22 wrote:

Friends make it funner. No point in playing a game if you're not having fun.
iderekmc

meteor22 wrote:

xD
Kukuthemoogle
Try playing multiplayer. I think a lot of the nice/more conversational people play multiplayer.
KagamiHRS
(Notice the flag of mine!)
If you can accept friends from the Western/European world, then go international! Do what you have been doing to national players, except that you do say hi before presenting your performance. Chat on the #osu channel in English (if you can handle awkward chats) or #lobby for Multi(player).
Add someone while also saying to them that you did, and they should add back. (But you have to chat with them first.)
As a consolation, I'll "Follow" you. :)
EcksDee
Topic Starter
Iceskulls
Because I play osu! for fun not for improving lol
Rewben2

meteor22 wrote:

I don't really get this. You know you are not going to be any better at the game by using the forums right? So why even bother?
Kumiho
to make friends you be like me randomly message the top 50 players in your country and say hi, they are nice most likely :)
kuur0
I just engage a convo with a person that I find interesting or has friend potential, no matter what the nationality is. Thats how I made most of my friends on osu. Applicable to real life as well btw lolz.
gretay

Volcanism wrote:

+1 for you umm not +9 umm no no no +100!!!!
ShiraiiiKuroko
have a picture of a (3D) girl as your avatar
EcchiMeister
I know that feels ^^ that was when I bothered to chat with people 5 months after registration. It's quite natural that people on country channel ignore you as noobs are somewhat discriminated. also don't try to be annoying I dont know what is specifically annoying or not to them but you'll figure it out once people try to sh1t talk at you. EDIT: oh w8, you're no noob lol

You can start with greeting people @ chat. "good morning or hi" if people or person talk about a topic you know then try chatting with them "Hi there, ****** was so good he could consistently pick blue card" anyway, and then try multiplayer you'll naturally speak with people in few games "gg scrub you noob, come at me" afterwards getting dunked "can I add you, I'll get revenge on you some other time" ok dont try that lol.

GoldenWolf wrote:

The same way you'd make friends in any other situation; Don't try to force a friendship, it's something that comes naturally
TL;DR this !
[ Aya ]
I never really paid attention in the community or played much in mp unless I'm working on skins but...I guess in my opinion...just do like some maps that the popular players play and I guess if you're around at least in the top 50s...then I guess that's where people notice you. It's what I think tbh :c
chainpullz

BabyBlueAya wrote:

I never really paid attention in the community or played much in mp unless I'm working on skins but...I guess in my opinion...just do like some maps that the popular players play and I guess if you're around at least in the top 50s...then I guess that's where people notice you. It's what I think tbh :c
Apparently never paid attention to how dead and gone this thread is either. :^)
StephOsu
nice necro post more
Frolski
Close this already please.