forum

Arbitrary size multiplayer games

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +130
Topic Starter
peppy
32 is fine but what about infinitely large?

(note: this is my eventual intention, and not actually a troll. small steps, though)

Do not star this.
Kurokotei
We need this.
Hata-tan
I NEED THIS MOST CERTAINLY!
CookEasy
HYPE
jesse1412
Hype train boarded.
rEdo
choo choo
Tekklorn
osu! world cup can now be Europe vs. Asia vs. America
Ayesha Altugle

Tekklorn wrote:

osu! world cup can now be Europe vs. Asia vs. America
FUCK YES + osu! around the world hypetrain

+ how about when all users joined in one multiplayer game?
Asagi Mutsuki

dialgadu77 wrote:

We need this.
silmarilen
yes
Will3x

dialgadu77 wrote:

We need this.
why?

also

peppy wrote:

Do not star this.
Piine
Seems to be an awesome idea for infinite game rooms. Still it will be kinda weird with the UI seeing If you drag it, Mods stay in place.
Oinari-sama
Imo there needs to be a way to "resize" the room after creating it if you're planning to increase the limit.

At the moment the room host cannot "expand" the room once created so some people are inclined to create a room unnecessarily large. I don't know if there's impact on server with this practice (I'm assuming there is) so the ability to resize the room will become quite important.

As for the use of larger capacity: it could be handy for qualifying stages of tournaments. Less rooms meaning less referees required.

EDIT:
Even if there's no impact on server, an oversized room could be potentially annoying: imagine having 12 players in a 64 slot room and a few of them decides to scatter. Although the Ready button now shows how many are ready, it doesn't tell you who doesn't have the map or he/she is downloading at all. Having to scroll through vast space isn't exactly pleasing. Once again the ability to "expand" the room after creating it becomes important as it may discourage oversized room.
VisionS
2,147,483,647 max players in one room gogo
Meekway
I expirienced Multiplayer as "the more the merrier", so infinite size rooms would certainly be a really nice option to the 8 player maxed ones.

There should be some additional options available, i think; for example the already in another post mentioned "free play", so everyone gets to play his/her difficulty when there are really like 25 players in the room. I believe it would be a pretty rare scenario to have a room of more than 15 players on approximatley the same skilllevel.

Also, the new "How many Players are ready when forcing start"-thing goes well with this idea.

For Coop/Team-purposes, it would also be nice to actually choose which team you are on, rather then just be put in blue/red depending on your slotnumber.

Aaaand to maybe avoid anonymous flooded rooms, maybe the possibility to promote/demote players, giving them or taking from them the right to invite other players. Depending of the Room's Settings and such.

But over all i would really like to see this happen.
Kert
the whole owc in 1 iteration
best
-Seren-
nice
theleoleole
nice idea that would be fun xD
iWhorse
support

need to fit whole friends list in a multi
electrolytes

peppy wrote:

32 is fine but what about infinitely large?
If join rate tends toward superlinearity, this could create black holes. Are you sure about this peppy?
Sharuru
There's should be a limit though (can't say the specific number). Handling a lot of data at once is a bit much. Just don't divide by zero please.

Also, t/108243 should nicely complement this feature request.

Edit: Someone already had the same idea :3 t/212824

On the result's page though (dunno if someone already tried), but when I try to review each player's results, I can only check the top 9 players, can't access the lower ones. Sure be nice to make that scrollable. 1366x768 (mine) and 2560x1440 (other person) both seem to display 9 players max (correct me if I'm wrong).

Sulker wrote:

Still it will be kinda weird with the UI seeing If you drag it, Mods stay in place.
I find that amuzing :3
Cola
Infinite amount would truly be incredible!

Im happy the 16 worked out so fast already ;)
VoidnOwO
30 Malaysian taking ten minutes to download each map is fine but what about an infinite amount of them?
Fixed.
Karuta-_old_1
30 Malaysian taking ten minutes to download each map is fine but what about an infinite amount of them?
Your wrong, it is five minutes for 15MB

Kert wrote:

the whole owc in 1 iteration
best
this

But disconnection after a song happens more often when you have more players
Bara-

peppy wrote:

Do not star this.
Almost 100 SP (99) Lol
Ayesha Altugle

Sharuru-09 wrote:

There's should be a limit though (can't say the specific number). Handling a lot of data at once is a bit much. Just don't divide by zero please.

Also, t/108243 should nicely complement this feature request.

Edit: Someone already had the same idea :3 t/212824
Go away :(
[ Pingu ]
yes please peppy create now.
Stanwald
We need some place for judges. They don't play, only spectate for players. Useful for tournaments, i think
Doomsday is Bad
Asagi
hype
Mofu kun
Hype the infinity lobby
FrzR

peppy wrote:

Do not star this.
"Whoops"
PatZar

cdhsausageboy wrote:

dialgadu77 wrote:

We need this.
We need this
SyraxAxoJaxco
I worried with this idea. The game could be lagged so much if the players who join the game are too much.
jesse1412

SyraxAxoJaxco wrote:

I worried with this idea. The game could be lagged so much if the players who join the game are too much.
Yes assuming that peppy is a retard. You don't have to worry, he wouldn't let it pass if it lagged a lot.
Nyxa
I don't care for it, but if you can make it work, I don't see why not.

Also,

Osu!: We read.
Myxo
Well then.
We'll have to wait 1000 hours then until everybody has the map??
show more