posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
Still doesn't work...
I have tried to reinstall Osu a few times before, it only worked once
KinkiN
is it like freezing or just black screen or unable to connect because of server-side error or etc?
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
I don't think it's a server-side error, but it sure looks like it. I can play normally but I just can't connect to bancho
Marcin
What error appears at all when trying to play? Connection timed out? Notification about error? Are you even logged in?
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
When I start Osu there is a bar at the bottom that says "Finding closest server" After a second or two it changes to "Connecting to Bancho" after a few seconds of that it says "Failed to connect trying again in 30 seconds" and it will repeat that loop forever. In some previous version I could connect to bancho, at that time when I started Osu it would almost immediately connect to Bancho.
I can still play singleplayer normally, but it won't update any of my stats
Marcin

What version do you see here?
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
I just updated my osu using the updater and the version I'm running is b20140529.4
(if I knew how to upload a picture I would)
KinkiN
you can upload a pic from dropbox or puush and then to display it here use [img]insert%20img%20url[/img]
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
Here's my version (let's see if the uploading works)
Marcin
Antivirus / firewall? Can't think of anything else.
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
I already looked through the settings, nothing was wrong with my firewall, I even disabled it for a while, still didn't fix the problem
KinkiN
try to log-out and login again
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
I don't think that will help because I can't connect to Bancho anyways, so I wouldn't be able to log in
KinkiN
It's one of the troubleshooting steps

source : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39784
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
I tried to log out and log in again...
First I started Osu and logged out, then I couldn't log in again so I restarted my computer.
When my computer had restarted, I tried to log in. It worked! Kinda... I could play online and stuff, but I could see any profile pictures and on singleplayer it could not retieve my scores.
Then I tried to close Osu, I still had the same problem where I couldn't close is for some reason, so I restarted again.
Now we're back to square one because I can't connect anymore and Osu doesn't want to close, I can play online now with that little trick but then I can't see my scores and it's only a temporary 'fix'
It also still causes my browsers to be really slow...
KinkiN
your PC is outdated? let me know it's spec
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
I bought it two years ago so I don't think it's too outdated.
CPU: Intel Core i5 3.00 GHz
Ram: 8GB
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6450
That's all I know for the top of my head, if you need something else I'll look it up for you
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
Does anyone have any idea?
KinkiN
ehh try to connect to osu! IRC. you can?
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
How do I do that? Do I need an extra program or can I just do that in osu?
NeVMiku
Hi,

I found this as a fix somewhere else and it might or might not work for you (probably the latter but what's the harm in trying right?) so try it at your own risk.

First go to your osu! directory and find a file called osu!.<username>.cfg. Back it up in a folder if you're worried (it wouldn't do anything, but if it makes you feel better...)

Delete it and run osu!updater.

Try osu! again.

*Please note that if it doesn't work then just reinstall osu! again but don't put the original file that you backed up back in. Just delete it (told you it won't do anything).

This is just a random fix, try it, if it doesn't work then try some other fix. Good luck and I hope you can enjoy osu! fully in the near future XD
Bara-
Well, can you download things?
When I can't connect to Bancho, I also CANNOT download anything. Try downloading a map or something else and if nothing happens, it's your internet.
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
That didn't work for me, still can't connect to Bancho :\
And yes, I can still download stuff, it just takes a really long time to get to the webpage but it downloads normally
KinkiN
are you using any kind of proxy connection ?
NeVMiku
When you turned off your firewall, did you turn off the firewall on both the antivirus and Windows Firewall?
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
I don't think I'm using a proxy, is there a way for me to firgure out if I am?
And yes, I turned off my windows firewall and disabled my antivirus
KinkiN
well there's no such things as "accidentally turned on my proxy connection" if you're using it i believe you would remember :D

search in google (my IP address) if when you run a test and your IP is not from Netherlands , possibly you're running a proxy connection
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
I checked it and I'm not using a proxy...
Flanster
Hmm, quite troubling. Have you restarted your internet connection?

Another thing you can try:
Open command prompt (press Win+R) and type cmd, when the window opens, type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
I tried the ipconfig/flushdns and I still can seem to connect
I also did ipconfig-displaydns and these are the results:
osu.ppy.sh
-----------------------------
Recordnaam . . . . . : osu.ppy.sh
Recordtype . . . . . : 1
Time-to-Live . . . . : 225
Gegevenslengte . . . : 4
Sectie . . . . . . . : antwoord
A-record (host) . . . : 141.101.112.193
and another line with the same info
Dont know if it helps but it's something

After that I tried a tracert again:
1 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms [(my router)] 192.168.178.1
2 53 ms 19 ms 22 ms 194.109.5.177
3 19 ms 19 ms 28 ms 194.109.7.69
4 19 ms 20 ms 19 ms 194.109.5.2
5 19 ms 19 ms 19 ms 195.69.147.140
6 20 ms 21 ms 19 ms 141.101.113.193

when i tried this a few months ago when the same thing happened is showed a lot more hops, I think about 15
Flanster
You can try and connect the ethernet cable directly without the router and see if it works.
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
I'm already plugged in, I don't use the wifi
Flanster
I mean connect to the internet without the router by cable.
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
How do I do that?
KinkiN

LoliFlan wrote:

I mean connect to the internet without the router by cable.
i think the OP already done that

in case you don't , i think LoliFlan said that you need to connect to the internet by the LAN cable
Topic Starter
SideStepPC
I am connected by cable to the router at this momoent, but I htink LoliFlan is saying there's a way without a router, how would I do that?