NotEvenDoomMusic

Trash Boat wrote:

2D fighting games

Trash Boat wrote:

Street Fighter game series
Mortal Kombat game series
Crossovers
Tekken game series
Those aren't completely 2D fighting games.
SF had the EX series, Mortal Kombat began being "3D" with the 4th sequel and had an crossover with DC universe that played similarily like Tekken and Tekken was a 3D fighting game from the root on aswell.

But if you gonna play that way then fine.

Under Night in Birth
Soul Calibur Series
Injustice
Persona 4 Arena (Ultimax Suplex Hold)
Ougun Musou Kyoku CROSS
Virtua Fighter Series
Skullgirls (Encore)
Shin Koihime Musou
Chaos Code
Killer Instinct Series
Fatal Fury series (which merged into the King of Fighters series)
Warzard (not entirely full fledged like a fighting game but worth mentioning since it's still a decent beat 'em up for 2 players)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage of the Future / All Star Battle
Dead or Alive Series
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
Battle Fantasia
Samurai Showdown Series
Melty Blood
Kabuki Clash

BRBP wrote:

Does anyone here play the older Street Fighter games?
Occasionaly HSF2 and runbacks in SF3 2nd Impact or 3rd Strike when a friend is salty getting beat up in HSF2.
Mianki
SSFIV AE12 is the only game I've put effort into, can't wait for ultra and Chun buffs :D. It was last summer when I bought SSFIV on steam and when I had played maybe 2-3 months it was then I realized that you don't just play fighting games by smashing buttons but you have to think more. I still have to put a lot of work into thinking and not going into autopilo mode.
In other news, I played with Mukku some casual Injustice and it was fun, could try to play a bit more of that.

Also Trash Boat, could you change the name of this to thread to just "Fighters Alley"? Putting your name there does sound egotistical.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
i really like to Mianki, but just fighters alley is too simple. how would you call it instead?
NotEvenDoomMusic

Mianki wrote:

Also Trash Boat, could you change the name of this to thread to just "Fighters Alley"? Putting your name there does sound egotistical.
I agree with Mianki, though i didn't cared because i dunno how long this thread will last.

Trash Boat wrote:

i really like to Mianki, but just fighters alley is too simple. how would you call it instead?
Simplicity is virtue, i would just call it Fighter's Alley or something else.
Battle Booth, or how's about "General Fighting Game Topic"
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
nah, Fighter's alley is ok. thx

edit: until a few days ago an arcade had a KOF XIII machine, then somehow they replaced the cartridge of that machine for Super Street Fighter IV arcade edition. i kinda miss it, but hey. can anyone give me some tips to get on the leaderboards? current #1: slightly over 1,200,000. minimum: over 820,000
NotEvenDoomMusic

Trash Boat wrote:

edit: until a few days ago an arcade had a KOF XIII machine, then somehow they replaced the cartridge of that machine for Super Street Fighter IV arcade edition. i kinda miss it, but hey. can anyone give me some tips to get on the leaderboards? current #1: slightly over 1,200,000. minimum: over 820,000
Use Chun and spam the shit out of her legs, if you're good at doing combos then link them into more legs.
High combo rate = more points thus making it an ideal character to achieve high combo count.
I'm also not certain if the kikoken links works to extend the leg combo but if so, inform yourself around chun's mechanics.

SSFIV's WR for highest arcade points (the last time i checked was around 3 years ago) were at around 2.2 million so it shouldn't be all too hard with chun.
Sal32
Dragon Ball Z series
Bloody Roar series
Gundam Battle Assault series
kirueggy

kirukashi wrote:

kula + mai + terry = best kof team hands down #cantbeatthis
EX Kyo / Benimaru / Chin
Mr. Karate / EX Iori / Chin
:^)[/quote]

PEOPLE USE CHIN WHOA
piruchan
Soul Calibur got added.

I only played Soul Calibur 3, that thing is the hardest fighting game to learn for me. Took me 3 days to start winning steadily and I'm still not really good at it.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
17th image of this page: http://arcadeheroes.com/2014/02/14/imag ... 014-day-1/
i want one so badly, why Japanese has always the best stuff first?
kirueggy
We can wait... :3
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
now that we are talking about it, i still dont get how the edition select works. does the characters has been nerfed and buffed through the different editions? how can we notice it?
VoidnOwO
:)
Mianki
DOWNLOADING USFIV ON XBOX AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Mianki
GET A PART TIME JOB, WORK ONLY 3-4 SHIFTS A WEEK: PROFIT!

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE
Hika
Darkstalkers is really an amazing game.. Haven't played it since my dreamcast last worked.
I'll probably end up buying another dreamcast to play it, though 8)
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
its out? oh just the digital upgrade
Faust
Fighting game series I do play, in order.

Fatal Fury
The King of Fighters
Street Fighter
TEKKEN
Melty Blood
Guilty Gear
DEAD OR ALIVE

I've barely played Soul Caliber.

Despite having close to no time left for any PS3, when I do I usually give DOA5U or TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 a go.
Mianki
Man I suck with Elena, can't get a hang of her basic combos ;_;
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
leaving the Ultra Street Fighter 4 topic for the moment, here's something that you guys should know
WARNING: M-RATED CONTENT

VoidnOwO
Hugo is the worst character ever. (One of the top players on PSN told me he mains him now. Let's see what happens.)
Sagat seems really really good now, need to do some more testing, though.
Viper still can't juggle into U2 outside of seismo even though they removed the height restriction.... ok

Edit: moar Viper stuff.

SPOILER
not practical

j.HK -> c.HP -> feint -> c.HP -> medium thunder knuckle -> red focus lv. 1 -> c.HP -> feint -> c.HP -> EX seismo -> aerial burning kick -> hard thunder knuckle or Ultra 1.

Forgot to try this but I think it would work, need to test soon:
j.HP -> st.HP-> feint -> c.HP -> feint -> c.MK -> medium thunder knuckle -> red focus lv. 1 -> st.HP -> feint -> c.HP -> feint -> c.MK -> medium thunder knuckle.

c.MK -> medium thunder knuckle -> red focus lv. 1 -> st.HP -> SJC -> Ultra 1.
or
c.MK -> medium thunder knuckle -> FADC -> st.LP -> st.MP -> SJC -> Ultra 1 (difficult timing online, but works in USFIV).

holy shit red focus is amazing, 1k stun combos.

Poison fun: j.HP -> st.HP -> EX FB -> c.LP -> EX FB -> c.LP -> EX FB -> c.LP -> EX whip of love x4 -> Ultra 1
Way to spend 4 meters and full ultra for only 492 damage lol.

Edit3: Poison 32/2 W/L :3 her ultra 2 damage is so broken and people can't react to the setups yet. Playing the new characters is free PP now, hurry while you still can. 8-)
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
can somebody give me tips for Cody? i get the hang of it but more stuff is always good, though i still don't have USF4

in other way, has anyone checked the last MK game?
VoidnOwO

Trash Boat wrote:

can somebody give me tips for Cody?
Practice frame traps. Cody has plenty and he needs them badly.

Trash Boat wrote:

in other way, has anyone checked the last MK game?
You mean if we've played Mk2011?
Topic Starter
Trash Boat

BRBP wrote:

You mean if we've played Mk2011?
no, check the video at the top of this page

edit(pls read it): they didn't announce this through the official page, but looks like you can upload replays from battles to Youtube without any kind of hardware, through an in-game function. if its true, please somebody upload something
piruchan

Trash Boat wrote:

Mortal Kombat X video
What is wrong with that BGM?

Personal taste aside, I'm not really into Mortal Kombat but I don't find anything new aside from graphic improvement (if that's how the gameplay would look like).

Trash Boat wrote:

edit(pls read it): they didn't announce this through the official page, but looks like you can upload replays from battles to Youtube without any kind of hardware, through an in-game function. if its true, please somebody upload something
Source?
If this is true, I think we're going to have a hard time finding good videos. Just imagine those players who like to brag but is not so good in reality.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
there's several sources that can confirm it, but here's a video that will calm your doubts

piruchan
Seems nice. That Hugo guy must have something to do with Zangief.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
the only thing missing is Haggar and Sodom. that will complete the Final Fight roster
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
ok 2 things: 1-i found an equal or better character to score points. Gen with his lightning hands. 2-does anyone here knows somebody IRL that went to the Capcom official SF tournaments/cups?
NotEvenDoomMusic
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
some gameplay and comments at E3

MattNight

Trash Boat wrote:

some gameplay and comments at E3

This game will be as bad as previous Mortal Kombat games..

>Blocking with a button

top lel.

thanks god it's not at EVO this year.
Winek
add toho hisoutensoku pls.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
the Touhou project has already its own thread
NotEvenDoomMusic
Since almost every fighting game channel i've subscribed to is talking about it and is partially fighting games related but:

Capcom is up for sale.
All the games you know, Power Stone, Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, heck even Megaman is up for bidding, at least in terms of controlling shares.

That means we might have a chance in seing some IPs getting resurrected again or might not.
It's overall good news that they finally could admit defeat since all their games have been moot to what they're used to create back in the days, while i still hope they are going to do something with the amazing library of IPs that Capcom has to offer that they've created over 25 years, it broke a piece of my child-self to see them getting bought.

Eitherways, i hope some company could take care of the mess.
Hopefully, in my opinion, Nintendo since i could possibly see a future with Megaman with them and some "E-rated" oriented games aswell.
There are some fun IPs in Capcoms Library that aren't violent but since Bayonetta 2 will also get released only for the Wii U, i see a chance of Resident Evil and Devil May Cry also getting a reboot.
Drawback is the graphical performance on games related to Nintendo compared to most companies (and sometimes the motion controlls), but besides that, i would trust them into buying the stocks.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
so this is the end of Capcom or they have one more trap card?
Ayu
So nobody thought of Marvel vs Capcom? :(
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
that's a crossover, but its quite nice
show more