forum

Fighter's Alley -14th Century-

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
yo there! welcome to the fighters alley. in here we will discuss about some of the 2D and 3D fighting games, strategy, characters, etc. here's the list(if i miss something feel free to add it in)

Shin Koihime Musou(needs decent banner)

Kabuki Clash(needs decent banner)

Gundam Battle Assault series(needs decent banner)

(as i said, feel free to add something that may be missing, even if it doesnt have sequels)
Soulclenz
Blazblue series.

Only fighting game I've put effort into xD
kirueggy
kula + mai + terry = best kof team hands down #cantbeatthis
VoidnOwO

Trash Boat wrote:

(as i said, feel free to add something that may be missing, even if it doesnt have sequels)
UMvC series
Darkstalkers series
X-Men series + X-Men vs. Street Fighter etc.
SNK vs. Capcom series

kirukashi wrote:

EX Kyo / Benimaru / Chin
Mr. Karate / EX Iori / Chin
:^)
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
1, 3 and 4 are crossovers. i'll put the 2 instead
VoidnOwO
oh lol I missed the "Crossovers" in your list.

Does anyone here play the older Street Fighter games?
piruchan
Yeah, finally a thread about fighting games, but why only 2D? :(

I don't really play anymore, but fighting games is still on the list of what I enjoy the most.

I always wonder why so many people play Blazblue but not Guilty Gear. Guilty Gear is like the ancestor of Blazblue.

Please put Guilty Gear, it's so underrated.
And Mark of the Wolves as well.

kirukashi wrote:

Seems like we have a similar taste. (I prefer Athena than Kula tough :P )
Soulclenz

piruchan wrote:

Yeah, finally a thread about fighting games, but why only 2D? :(

I don't really play anymore, but fighting games is still on the list of what I enjoy the most.

I always wonder why so many people play Blazblue but not Guilty Gear. Guilty Gear is like the ancestor of Blazblue.

Please put Guilty Gear, it's so underrated.
And Mark of the Wolves as well.

kirukashi wrote:

Seems like we have a similar taste. (I prefer Athena than Kula tough :P )
Blazblue has Nu =p.
Slith
and i still wonder why i am not good at those games rather than tekken. the hitbox in street fighter is hard for me.(tekken fanboy sorry) and i only tried twice GG and BlazBlue cause of my friend. KoF same as street fighter. idk why but hitboxes are hard for me :(
NotEvenDoomMusic

Trash Boat wrote:

2D fighting games

Trash Boat wrote:

Street Fighter game series
Mortal Kombat game series
Crossovers
Tekken game series
Those aren't completely 2D fighting games.
SF had the EX series, Mortal Kombat began being "3D" with the 4th sequel and had an crossover with DC universe that played similarily like Tekken and Tekken was a 3D fighting game from the root on aswell.

But if you gonna play that way then fine.

Under Night in Birth
Soul Calibur Series
Injustice
Persona 4 Arena (Ultimax Suplex Hold)
Ougun Musou Kyoku CROSS
Virtua Fighter Series
Skullgirls (Encore)
Shin Koihime Musou
Chaos Code
Killer Instinct Series
Fatal Fury series (which merged into the King of Fighters series)
Warzard (not entirely full fledged like a fighting game but worth mentioning since it's still a decent beat 'em up for 2 players)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage of the Future / All Star Battle
Dead or Alive Series
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
Battle Fantasia
Samurai Showdown Series
Melty Blood
Kabuki Clash

BRBP wrote:

Does anyone here play the older Street Fighter games?
Occasionaly HSF2 and runbacks in SF3 2nd Impact or 3rd Strike when a friend is salty getting beat up in HSF2.
Mianki
SSFIV AE12 is the only game I've put effort into, can't wait for ultra and Chun buffs :D. It was last summer when I bought SSFIV on steam and when I had played maybe 2-3 months it was then I realized that you don't just play fighting games by smashing buttons but you have to think more. I still have to put a lot of work into thinking and not going into autopilo mode.
In other news, I played with Mukku some casual Injustice and it was fun, could try to play a bit more of that.

Also Trash Boat, could you change the name of this to thread to just "Fighters Alley"? Putting your name there does sound egotistical.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
i really like to Mianki, but just fighters alley is too simple. how would you call it instead?
NotEvenDoomMusic

Mianki wrote:

Also Trash Boat, could you change the name of this to thread to just "Fighters Alley"? Putting your name there does sound egotistical.
I agree with Mianki, though i didn't cared because i dunno how long this thread will last.

Trash Boat wrote:

i really like to Mianki, but just fighters alley is too simple. how would you call it instead?
Simplicity is virtue, i would just call it Fighter's Alley or something else.
Battle Booth, or how's about "General Fighting Game Topic"
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
nah, Fighter's alley is ok. thx

edit: until a few days ago an arcade had a KOF XIII machine, then somehow they replaced the cartridge of that machine for Super Street Fighter IV arcade edition. i kinda miss it, but hey. can anyone give me some tips to get on the leaderboards? current #1: slightly over 1,200,000. minimum: over 820,000
NotEvenDoomMusic

Trash Boat wrote:

edit: until a few days ago an arcade had a KOF XIII machine, then somehow they replaced the cartridge of that machine for Super Street Fighter IV arcade edition. i kinda miss it, but hey. can anyone give me some tips to get on the leaderboards? current #1: slightly over 1,200,000. minimum: over 820,000
Use Chun and spam the shit out of her legs, if you're good at doing combos then link them into more legs.
High combo rate = more points thus making it an ideal character to achieve high combo count.
I'm also not certain if the kikoken links works to extend the leg combo but if so, inform yourself around chun's mechanics.

SSFIV's WR for highest arcade points (the last time i checked was around 3 years ago) were at around 2.2 million so it shouldn't be all too hard with chun.
Sal32
Dragon Ball Z series
Bloody Roar series
Gundam Battle Assault series
kirueggy

kirukashi wrote:

EX Kyo / Benimaru / Chin
Mr. Karate / EX Iori / Chin
:^)[/quote]

PEOPLE USE CHIN WHOA
piruchan
Soul Calibur got added.

I only played Soul Calibur 3, that thing is the hardest fighting game to learn for me. Took me 3 days to start winning steadily and I'm still not really good at it.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
17th image of this page: http://arcadeheroes.com/2014/02/14/imag ... 014-day-1/
i want one so badly, why Japanese has always the best stuff first?
kirueggy
We can wait... :3
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
now that we are talking about it, i still dont get how the edition select works. does the characters has been nerfed and buffed through the different editions? how can we notice it?
VoidnOwO
:)
Mianki
DOWNLOADING USFIV ON XBOX AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Mianki
GET A PART TIME JOB, WORK ONLY 3-4 SHIFTS A WEEK: PROFIT!

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE
Hika
Darkstalkers is really an amazing game.. Haven't played it since my dreamcast last worked.
I'll probably end up buying another dreamcast to play it, though 8)
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
its out? oh just the digital upgrade
show more