forum

Can't progress any further

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BlackMidKnight
I am now capable of playing hard beatmaps specifically hard beatmaps that have an Aproach rate of 8 and OD of 7 and less.

Why I can't progress any furhter? The answer is it's not because of my play style but because of my PC performance.

I have a laptop with only 1gb of ram and an Intel Atom processor and when I play an beatmaps that is labeled insane and/or have numerous streams and hit circles at 60fps (v-sync) with a custom resoultion (600x480), the framerate decreases resulting to a lag that makes me playing this beatmaps almost impossible.

I also use Baidu Game Faster. It did it's job for a while until I repeatedly encounter a plenty of lag spikes and delays. Additionally, the worst enemy of all is the svchost.exe memory usage, it uses almost 200mb of memory which makes osu! laggy...

One of the reason that I play osu because, at first, it is the only enjoyable game that I play that can run smoothly on my laptop but as of today, I want to progress even further; play insane beatmaps and completing streams and numerous jump.

I want to hear a word to those players who had also encountered this problem and found a solution. It would be very appreciated :)

PS: Buying a new PC is a no
EcksDee
My laptop is from 2005 and has 500 megs of ram. If I turn everything else off I can play harder beatmaps with minimal lag. (Obviously not them big blacks or anything, but stuff that should be fine for you)

Yours should work fine, try optimizing more.
Topic Starter
BlackMidKnight

EcksDee wrote:

My laptop is from 2005 and has 500 megs of ram. If I turn everything else off I can play harder beatmaps with minimal lag.

Yours should work fine, try optimizing more.
How is your experience in playing beatmaps with long streams, I always experiencing lag spikes when it come to that -.-'''

Additionally, I use baidu for optimization using this setting:

But like I said on OP, it only works for a short time until I again encountered another lag

What can I turn off or what can I do to optimize my PC perfromance? :?

EDIT: Wrong photo...
EcksDee
Close everything (everything you can, I mean) through task manager, including explorer.exe and your Baido whatever.
Increase priority, turn off all visual elements, use some simple skin with few elements.
Topic Starter
BlackMidKnight

EcksDee wrote:

Close everything (everything you can, I mean) through task manager, including explorer.exe and your Baido whatever.
Increase priority, turn off all visual elements, use some simple skin with few elements.
I tried this one before but with some conflicts:
Baidu won't allow be to close it's process
When I try to increase osu priority, the cursor becomes unresponsive or laggy (I am using a graphics tablet)
svchost.exe consumed almost 200mb of memory :(
Vuelo Eluko
svchost should not be using that much RAM. it's probably a bad case of thread stacking in the process which would also be using a lot of CPU. I'd recommend you find out which service is causing it and disable it or try to troubleshoot it.

simply ending the svchost process is a bad idea and will usually cause your computer to stop functioning properly.
Topic Starter
BlackMidKnight

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

I'd recommend you find out which service is causing it and disable it or try to troubleshoot it.

svchost.exe services mostly compost of services which belongs to the group of netsvcs including Windows update. Sometimes, it cools off and decreases it's memory but at random times, it once again consumes a lot especially when my PC is idle, after turing on or when I'm in the middle of playing osu...
Vuelo Eluko

ashketchum1234 wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

I'd recommend you find out which service is causing it and disable it or try to troubleshoot it.

svchost.exe services mostly compost of services which belongs to the group of netsvcs including Windows update. Sometimes, it cools off and decreases it's memory but at random times, it once again consumes a lot especially when my PC is idle, after turing on or when I'm in the middle of playing osu...
yeah but that's still weird. ive never had svchost spike like that without there being an underlying issue.
yoyomster
You could try to use the solution described in this thread: t/188356/
I'm playing on an older laptop too and have a lot less lag now.
Something to try after fixing your svchost problem :)
nrl
Turn off v-sync.
xasuma
Try fullscreen. May help.
Topic Starter
BlackMidKnight

yoyomster wrote:

You could try to use the solution described in this thread: t/188356/
I'm playing on an older laptop too and have a lot less lag now.
Something to try after fixing your svchost problem :)
I tried using this but ended up with this error:

===============================================

I also try investigate osu behavior and this is the result:

osu! memory usage doesn't decreases after playing beatmap with numerous hit circles and this is where the lag starts to occur
iWhorse
ok

this shouldn't be in G&R, it should be in tech support
yoyomster

ashketchum1234 wrote:

I tried using this but ended up with this error
The Antilag D3D hook adjusts the amount of frames the CPU prepares in advance before pushing them to the GPU. Decreasing that eases the load for the CPU at the expense of GPU memory. Ultimately this should come down to a decrease in input lag at the expense of a framerate drop. The GPU from my 9 year old laptop has 800 Mb RAM and can handle the extra load, but yours seems to have even less and therefore can't. How much RAM does your GPU have?

ashketchum1234 wrote:

I also try investigate osu behavior and this is the result
osu! using that much RAM when there's many hitcircles seems normal to me (saying that because amount is the same here)
Topic Starter
BlackMidKnight

yoyomster wrote:

ashketchum1234 wrote:

I tried using this but ended up with this error
How much RAM does your GPU have?

Intel GMA 3150 has a memory of 250MB
yoyomster
While searching for Intel GMA found this on Wikipedia:

"The products in this series are integrated onto the motherboard, have limited graphics processing power, and use the computer's main memory for storage instead of a dedicated video memory."

So from the 1 GB RAM you have, 250 MB is used by your GPU. All remaining processes will have 750 MB available.
If you didn't realize this before, it could be part of your problem.
Topic Starter
BlackMidKnight

yoyomster wrote:

While searching for Intel GMA found this on Wikipedia:

"The products in this series are integrated onto the motherboard, have limited graphics processing power, and use the computer's main memory for storage instead of a dedicated video memory."

So from the 1 GB RAM you have, 250 MB is used by your GPU. All remaining processes will have 750 MB available.
If you didn't realize this before, it could be part of your problem.
Thanks for the information :)
As of now, I am finding a way to tweak my laptop's performance and stuff like that :D
yoyomster
You're welcome, good luck! :)
B1rd

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Turn off v-sync.
this. put it on unlimited. my old laptop has 8GB of Ram an an i7, and still whenever I'd turn v-sync on every game would lag a heap.