Desired
hype
Kyou
THIS TIME i wont drop my pen ;w;
Doomsday is Bad
\o/ stream hype

also tei tei tei warm up every round
Could This Be
hype as fuck! I wont be in germany this time >:)
Summer Solstice
i haz powers

sign me up ^.^
Ventus
Im up for it
jesse1412
Time to destroy everyone until effort is required again.

Topic Starter
Lapis-

Mahiro Yasaka wrote:

also tei tei tei warm up every round
Tei tei tei best map all time
Justify
HYPE

I'm in.
Edd
Bloop.
spook
Time to get destroyed again
Kardet
yes
SoraHaxas01
No more Dr.Pepper for me this time Le Trol3 ; ^^^ )
Syrus
So much hype o3o
CPTW

Desired wrote:

hype

dreeeaam wrote:

hype
CRAYU
MoeYandere
I will do this xD This time I will play good
charlotteawoo
time to die first match ecause I am awful at this game
Jerome
deleted
Doomsday is Bad
Like how people are saying I'm in, yet signup isn't even open yet

:^)
Shimatora
Not sure I agree with randomized seeds. Wouldn't it make more sense to seed via pp rank? That way the top two favourites wont meet in Round 1, for instance.
Doomsday is Bad

Shimatora wrote:

Not sure I agree with randomized seeds. Wouldn't it make more sense to seed via pp rank? That way the top two favourites wont meet in Round 1, for instance.
Last time this happened people complained

Then we randomized it.

More people complained, so we are sticking to our guns on this one to be honest.

We more than likely will livestream the matches being picked out using a randomizer.
Topic Starter
Lapis-
People will complain about it no matter what method is used. Seeding a tournament this big didn't work from my experience. We randomized it and what happened? #2 UK and #1 UK met. If it was seeded, this wouldn't of been the outcome.
Navi
Yup
Doomsday is Bad
Shimatora

PortalLife wrote:

People will complain about it no matter what method is used. Seeding a tournament this big didn't work from my experience. We randomized it and what happened? #2 UK and #1 UK met. If it was seeded, this wouldn't of been the outcome.
If people don't like regular seeded tournaments they clearly have no idea what a tournament is about. It's there for the best to do well in and the people who aren't quite as good to get knocked out. It makes no sense if the #1 and #2 UK meet early than the finals. Otherwise, randomised seeds mean that one side of the bracket could get heavily stacked with the top 10 players, all of whom start knocking each other out leaving (probably) #1 for the finals. Then, on the other, lesser stacked side of the bracket you have the bottom 10 players. Essentially, if PP meant everything, you'd be getting #1 and #10 for the finals. Which makes very little sense!
Sonny B
Get hype, o/ but I'm still too sucky Gl to all though
Topic Starter
Lapis-
Nah, you should sign up when the time comes!
Doomsday is Bad

Shimatora wrote:

PortalLife wrote:

If people don't like regular seeded tournaments they clearly have no idea what a tournament is about. It's there for the best to do well in and the people who aren't quite as good to get knocked out. It makes no sense if the #1 and #2 UK meet early than the finals. Otherwise, randomised seeds mean that one side of the bracket could get heavily stacked with the top 10 players, all of whom start knocking each other out leaving (probably) #1 for the finals. Then, on the other, lesser stacked side of the bracket you have the bottom 10 players. Essentially, if PP meant everything, you'd be getting #1 and #10 for the finals. Which makes very little sense!
People complain about everything. :S.

But either way we will stick to random. (If it turns out to be crap, theres always OUKT4 to change our minds)
Raiku
hype and count me in for brittania
jesse1412
I agree that seeding by pp would be/was way better.
Mafham
Hypeee ;o Sounds really fun, even though I will probably be knocked out early haha :)

jk ima rek u cheeky litl blighters u aint got nuffin on me look at u all scrd dats wot i fort m8 2cool6skool
Doomsday is Bad

jesus1412 wrote:

I agree that seeding by pp would be/was way better.
Yeah. We will see. I'll get a poll or some crap and see if people want PP seeding ect.
Jerome
deleted
Topic Starter
Lapis-
Does no one remember the last tournament? I seeded it and the bracket came down to all the good players knocking each other out and all the lower players knocking each other out. The finals would be awful. Randomization is in the best interest of a "epic" tournament.
Shimatora

PortalLife wrote:

Does no one remember the last tournament? I seeded it and the bracket came down to all the good players knocking each other out and all the lower players knocking each other out. The finals would be awful. Randomization is in the best interest of a "epic" tournament.
That is not how seeding works.
Topic Starter
Lapis-
That was the result of PPV2 seeding, when I did the brackets last time. As a result I dropped seeding and went for randomization and the tournament turned out to be a success.
Shimatora

PortalLife wrote:

That was the result of PPV2 seeding, when I did the brackets last time. As a result I dropped seeding and went for randomization and the tournament turned out to be a success.
Seeding means that it is IMPOSSIBLE for the highest seeded people to meet until the end. Are you sure you did it right? Besides, relying on RNG for seeding means that you could get a far worse bracket than you're implying you had with "proper" seeding. I'd advise you read this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seed_%28sports%29

In addition to that, how exactly did you seed? Did you use a website to help? I always use Challonge for the tournaments I run and I've not once had any issue with seeding placing high seeds against each other.
Topic Starter
Lapis-
I use that website as well. If I could show you how it looked back then, I would. But I saw it with my own two eyes. I'm confident with using randomization. The bracket generation will be live streamed on our official twitch channel for the event - http://www.twitch.tv/oukt3

I have confidence randomization will be fine. Trust me, seeding a 64 player tournament isn't as simple as you think it is.
Shimatora

PortalLife wrote:

I use that website as well. If I could show you how it looked back then, I would. But I saw it with my own two eyes. I'm confident with using randomization. The bracket generation will be live streamed on our official twitch channel for the event - http://www.twitch.tv/oukt3

I have confidence randomization will be fine. Trust me, seeding a 64 player tournament isn't as simple as you think it is.
It is as simple as I think it is. You seed players based on rank and then the site deals with the rest. Can I take a look at the bad seeding bracket? If you could enable seeding numbers to be shown too, that'd be great. Either you:
1. Seeded people incorrectly.
2. Accidentally randomised the seeds.
3. You're telling the truth and seeding sometimes messes up. (which makes absolutely no sense considering it's 100% more likely the first two happened.)

I'll take a look and show you exactly what went wrong.

I do have to question your competence as a tournament organiser, however, if you can't even let Challonge seed your tournaments properly. It is literally the simplest thing in the world to do.

I'm willing to actually do the seeding myself too, if you want. I'm not trying to make your tournament worse - in fact, I'm trying to make it far more exciting. Random seeding is not exciting in the least and actually allows you to seed people however you want and call it "random." What happens when the top people have extremely hard matchups throughout and someone like yourself has it easy all the way up to the finals? You forget that seeding also stops any posibility of foul play happening from the organiser(s) end.

EDIT: Auto correct sucks.
show more