forum

[Completed] Pink Skin [Standard]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ceani

banner says it all
Hello! I decided to make a pink skin because in case you haven't noticed, the main color of osu!
is pink.
Why am I doing this to myself.
[Info]
- Pink Skin - by iYoonaRawrx (aka me) is a skin that is girly and pink as it can get. Hit circles are pink, entire ranking panel is pink. Every single place you look there is bound to be some hint of pink in there.

Download
Version: 1.12 // hopefully final //
Size: 11.34MB
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qc7496ofq857g ... -.osk?dl=0
Somewhat large Screenshots

[img]osu.ppy.sh/ss/1654664[/img]

This skin supports standard only. I will not skin for any other modes unless motivated by lots and lots of food.
Changelog
v1.10
-Replaced some elements
- added a new sliderball
- new mod icons
-new follow points.
v1.11 // what i thought was: final version
- Basically added everything else
- Added pause overlay
- New menu button background
v.1.12 // actually the final version i hope
- Added whatever was missing
- New buttons
- Got rid of all elements that belonged to others, replaced them
- Fixed tiny things
pls let me b done with this
[cocoa]_old

iYoonaRawrx wrote:

Hello! I decided to make a pink skin because in case you haven't noticed, the main color of osu!
is pink.
No i notice that thing, that's why i wanna change the color to the blue one anyway this skin really distraction if you have epilepsy imo but i like the pink color at all nice job :D
DeletedUser_4041880
Basically this is a mixed skin. These type of skins aren't allowed.
Topic Starter
Ceani

[cocoa] wrote:

No i notice that thing, that's why i wanna change the color to the blue one anyway this skin really distraction if you have epilepsy imo but i like the pink color at all nice job :D
thank you so much!! i hope to make a blue skin in the future soon ^^

Frostei wrote:

thank you for that tip im going to go cry now
RinKagamine

Frostei wrote:

I thought it would be stupid to reply to you without having any knowledge myself, but I looked at the thread Ephemeral made for people before they post their skins: t/22984

Nowhere does it say that mixed skins aren't allowed, the only thing closely related to that is asking for permission to use other peoples skin elements.
DeletedUser_4041880

RinKagamine wrote:

I thought it would be stupid to reply to you without having any knowledge myself, but I looked at the thread Ephemeral made for people before they post their skins: t/22984

Nowhere does it say that mixed skins aren't allowed, the only thing closely related to that is asking for permission to use other peoples skin elements.
t/208302
t/207361&view=unread
t/201900&view=unread
_sparky_
Depends if the person asked

If not it's a mixed skin and it's using people's skins parts without asking or crediting
DeletedUser_4041880
It's most definitely a mixed skin. I'm pretty sure OP didn't even ask for permission nor made any part of the skin by themselves
OsuMe65
Ask permission. If the author of those skins are inactive, give them proper credit.
Anyway, Gloomy Bear's author is kona x taros
DeletedUser_4041880
Shouldn't a skin with too many elements from other skins even if credited, be considered a mixed skin though?
Topic Starter
Ceani

_sparky_ wrote:

Depends if the person asked

If not it's a mixed skin and it's using people's skins parts without asking or crediting

Frostei wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/208302
t/207361&view=unread
t/201900&view=unread
Now now settle down children I've already contacted iPoff about using some elements and I can't get ahold of kawaiipandah since they're not active on here or dA. As for the gloomy bear parts, I just sent a message to kona x taros.
In the mean time, I will try to make time to replace the elements and make new ones from scratch. *boops both of your noses*
RinKagamine

Frostei wrote:

RinKagamine wrote:

t/208302
t/207361&view=unread
t/201900&view=unread
I'm going to blame that on the horrible staff not doing their job.

First of all, there's no thread or any rules that I've seen anywhere that state mixed skins aren't allowed. The only way people will know it's not allowed is if somebody tells them directly or their thread gets locked for it. That's pretty stupid, if you ask me. If you're going to make a thread stating rules, don't leave ones out so people will get disappointing when the skin they post gets locked for something they didn't know wasn't allowed. I know it's pretty stupid venting on you like this considering you're not even part of the staff but, the whole thing is pretty dumb if you ask me.
DeletedUser_4041880

RinKagamine wrote:

First of all, there's no thread or any rules that I've seen anywhere that state mixed skins aren't allowed. The only way people will know it's not allowed is if somebody tells them directly or their thread gets locked for it. That's pretty stupid, if you ask me. If you're going to make a thread stating rules, don't leave ones out so people will get disappointing when the skin they post gets locked for something they didn't know wasn't allowed. I know it's pretty stupid venting on you like this considering you're not even part of the staff but, the whole thing is pretty dumb if you ask me.
Dude, that thread with the rules was made 4 years ago. Stop getting so picky but it does need to be updated
Ayesha Altugle
RinKagamine

Frostei wrote:

RinKagamine wrote:

Dude, that thread with the rules was made 4 years ago. Stop getting so picky but it does need to be updated
I don't see how that's being "picky", i'm implying that the rules either need to be updated or changed. I don't care how long ago that was, that doesn't excuse for it to leave out important information.
OsuMe65
Apparently, the OP is trying to get permission as of now.

So far, this mixed skin has a permission already. (and some other skins other than that, and leaving bashers speechless)
_sparky_

RinKagamine wrote:

using elements from different skins = Mix skin
Because they person didn't originally make it :3

Read between the lines and the staff isn't "horrible"

Without the staff this place would of been crap.
nrl

RinKagamine wrote:

First of all, there's no thread or any rules that I've seen anywhere that state mixed skins aren't allowed.
You cannot use elements from other skins without permission. That's explicitly stated in Ephemeral's rules thread.
RinKagamine

_sparky_ wrote:

RinKagamine wrote:

_sparky_ wrote:

RinKagamine wrote:

Lolwut. To be honest, you guys aren't even being relevant. Like I said before, there is no thread or post or anywhere that I've seen that specifically state mixed skins aren't allowed, the only thing you guys can come up or reply to that is "hurr durr you have to ask permission", which isn't even a legit reply to my comment. It's like mixing words from what something originally meant, to something completely different, and then going around telling people it. The OP is trying to get permission right now, in fact, we're chatting on skype and she's re-making the elements that she ISN'T able to get permission for, so you all can calm your tits. Mixed skins ARE allowed as long as you have permission for it.
_sparky_
lol quoted my post twice

Why won't you drop this argument?
You just don't understand what we said...and what the rules said lol
Topic Starter
Ceani
Okay okay. You can all stop your whining because I've eliminated most skin elements and replaced them with new ones made from scratch. You are welcome.
RinKagamine

_sparky_ wrote:

lol quoted my post twice

Why won't you drop this argument?
You just don't understand what we said...and what the rules said lol
I didn't mean to quote you twice, I meant to quote the other person, didn't even realize until you said it.

I think the only here who doesn't understand is you, I know what the rules said, apparently you don't.
OsuMe65
Let's end this American Debate, shall we?

Ephemeral wrote:

2. Do not use other people skin elements without permission.

adam2046 wrote:

Please don't use other people's skin elements in your skin without the creator's permission.
Explanation:
  1. Both quotes have the same meaning. Misinterpreting it is as pity as a sin.
  2. This means that using other's skin elements is alright as long as you have permission from the original author to do so. I just re-read those 2 stickies and there's no statement that forbids Mixed skins.
  3. I saw bashers here saying that this should be nerfed; apparently, the fact that the OP is trying to get permission from different authors; doing his/her best to remake some elements from skins was ignored.
  4. Also, the staff has brains. They know what to do with mixed skins without permission. They also ask if the OPs have permission from the original authors first.
show more