forum

Skin versioning and broken skin layouts

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lemmmy
is nobody concerned about wtf is going on in this thread since the last 8 pages??
Haskorion
Look at all the 1 post count and they are mostly quotes. They don't care to read a few posts after that to overlook the answer.
u_o
:) :) :) :) :?: :idea:

Elzapatoverde wrote:

Well... this happened after the update

And yes, I'm using the "Version: 2". Should I just move the "taiko-drum-inner/outer.png" or you will fix this?
destroyer101_old
hey umm I'm a new player and I was wondering how do u get a skin?
R0kki_old
:)
Tifa
Nice
Kirazuoo
kevin03165

Shizuku- wrote:

peppy wrote:

1. If you just want to replace a few elements of the default skin (ie. cursor), make sure your skin is named "User". This will ensure you are always using the latest skin version (even without a skin.ini).
I am confused in this part. Can someone explain?
teto00

Shizuku- wrote:

Ahh, Thanks.
fiy wind

Shizuku- wrote:

Ahh, Thanks.
thanks
xXPaVoXx_old

Uruoki wrote:

Does "Version: latest" default to the behaviors used in "Version: 2" or is there plans for a new version?

The way you worded the post, it sounds like "Version: latest" is not suggested for skin distribution.

Just trying to future proof stuff.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
xbaconbatata
SPOILER

RBRat3 wrote:

Elzapatoverde wrote:

Well... this happened after the update
[spoilerbox]

And yes, I'm using the "Version: 2". Should I just move the "taiko-drum-inner/outer.png" or you will fix this?Your osu! skin may be version 2 but your taiko elements are not, The taiko skin change was to allow for future skinning to be easier.

You can either edit your elements or change your skins version...

To fix the issue via editing, your inner and outers should occupy a full half width of taiko-bar-left.

bar-left is 360x400px @2x (180x200px 1x)
inner & outers are 180x400px @2x (90x200px 1x)

bbshksh wrote:

this occurs on my taiko mode too.
You have the wrong version being used on your skin it should be version 2...

edit: For better clarity your skin needs to be "whole" including all game mode elements utilizing either version 1 or 2 not both.[/spoilerbox]
Ciku
0 0
xDevour
Is nice skin good
yeps0112
LOL
DelgadoVigor
vote !!!
Karamatsu
Nioce
IGotsAyClixer
what if you made a skin, but osu! doesn't know how to use it?
KecHik445

IGotsAyClixer wrote:

what if you made a skin, but osu! doesn't know how to use it?
make sure its in .osk
my name is hi
Nice necro.

Make sure all of your png names are exact. You don't need the .osk though, just drag and drop the file into your skins folder.
Make sure to include a skin.ini as well, those are important
Death
This thread is long dead and unrelated to any issues you are having. If the two solutions provided were not the answer to your problem, I suggest moving here: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/51694