forum

Skin versioning and broken skin layouts

posted
Total Posts
show more
Acme Deizd Void
I hope the new osu!template skin will be out soon because my current skin only looks good in old version not new one T_T
Red_Spade_old
Can anyone post a list, or link to the topic, about which versions are usable for skin export and what their unique features are?
o2mania_old

Red_Spade wrote:

Can anyone post a list, or link to the topic, about which versions are usable for skin export and what their unique features are?
you can see the list of skin versions here https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skin
Red_Spade_old

o2mania wrote:

Red_Spade wrote:

you can see the list of skin versions here https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skin
Thanks! :)
DavidBAMF

o2mania wrote:

streeteelf wrote:

Could anyone look at my skin and maybe fix it? I mean that w/ "Version: 2" I've a problems with Taiko drums and after a song with ranking-menu-background, Retry and Watch Replay buttons, but w/o any "Version: ..." I've only problems with Taiko drums. I got confused after all this what I'm trying to do to fix this.
Insert "Version: 2.2" in skin.ini :)
Where is skin.ini?
o2mania_old

EnderEncounter wrote:

Where is skin.ini?
it's a file in a skin folder. if you want to see how it worksyou can read this: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skin.ini :)
Lucidity
I am also not a fan of the red overlay. Is there no way to bypass this?
o2mania_old

Lucidity wrote:

I am also not a fan of the red overlay. Is there no way to bypass this?
no, but lower skin versions doesn't have red overlaying.
Kris Senpai
Alrighty, so my Taiko is all messed up now, how do i fix it??
o2mania_old

[Kris] wrote:

Alrighty, so my Taiko is all messed up now, how do i fix it??
for any messed up taiko elements, set the skin version to 2.0 or later :)
OsuMe65
not only setting it to Version: 2.0 (or later), but you also change some files to match osu!'s new alignment.
o2mania_old

OsuMe65 wrote:

not only setting it to Version: 2.0 (or later), but you also change some files to match osu!'s new alignment.
yeah, also like that.
Cytus2617

peppy wrote:

You are 100% correct. Do not use "latest" for skin distribution.
Peppy, why can you not export the osu! skin (as in: getting it as a skin)?
arutemate
sorry and thank you
domSaur
using a mixed skin and why doesn't my fruit-ryuuta show up on version: latest? :c

edit: did some research and ryuuta only works until 2.2 however if i set it there the spinner(which i took from a different skin) doesn't load(it does on 2.3)
so i can't skin the catcher anymore?
manjumochi

domSaur wrote:

using a mixed skin and why doesn't my fruit-ryuuta show up on version: latest? :c

edit: did some research and ryuuta only works until 2.2 however if i set it there the spinner(which i took from a different skin) doesn't load(it does on 2.3)
so i can't skin the catcher anymore?
Use fruit-catcher-fail, fruit-catcher-idle and fruit-catcher-kiai.
havoc7777
I'm fairly new to this stuff, thanks peppy!
josh1996
To ALL fellow SKINNERS, YOU,Guys,ALL,are AWESOME!!!!! I love you guys!!!

deadbeat, Inori, OsuMe65, Xiao, and the GOD OF THE GAME, ppy

LOVE YOU GUYS ;)
try24get

peppy wrote:

Note that you should not use latest for distributed skins.
I don't get what you mean when I see this on skinning wiki

osu!wiki wrote:

Misc. latest Use this in distributed skins that require the latest version of skinning. (different from labeling the skin folder "User")
so I need to change my skin version to 2.5? I have distribute my skin here and it use latest on it's version

btw 4 last replies was too... ah whatever
Haskorion
If you all would use your brains, everyone won't put up anymore questions.

Simply said: latest is always the latest version osu! supports. The most recent one is 2.5 and therefore latest is set automatically to it.
The thing with "YOU SHOULD NOT USE LATEST FOR DISTRIBUTED SKINS" is that your skin is for a certain skin version and future versions may change a lot of stuff. When you use latest, it will theoretically break parts of your skin without intention in future versions. That's why.
try24get

Haskorion wrote:

Simply said: latest is always the latest version osu! supports. The most recent one is 2.5 and therefore latest is set automatically to it.
The thing with "YOU SHOULD NOT USE LATEST FOR DISTRIBUTED SKINS" is that your skin is for a certain skin version and future versions may change a lot of stuff. When you use latest, it will theoretically break parts of your skin without intention in future versions. That's why.
well I guess I will use 2.5 instead
thanks
The Emperor
Did the ability to change the applause sound get removed? it worked a month or 2 ago..
kudocksenju-
:)
Toue
Hmm, oh :(. Jodi2
McBob49
Osu now seems to be ignoring "columnstart"
I would really rather not play with the column stuck on the left side of the screen
McBob49
come to think of it, it's ignoring the INI files completely, despite working perfectly fine a week ago.
Haskorion
Make sure that you use a skin.ini-file and not a skin.txt or skin.ini.txt file.

Also for the lines themselves, check for the proper capitalisation (e.g ColumnStart) and put them in the right section (e.g. [Mania]).
McBob49
Thanks, it's starting to come together now that I created a franken-ini out of all the old ini files the skin's author had.
Dario10
8-)
Lemmmy
is nobody concerned about wtf is going on in this thread since the last 8 pages??
Haskorion
Look at all the 1 post count and they are mostly quotes. They don't care to read a few posts after that to overlook the answer.
u_o
:) :) :) :) :?: :idea:

Elzapatoverde wrote:

Well... this happened after the update

And yes, I'm using the "Version: 2". Should I just move the "taiko-drum-inner/outer.png" or you will fix this?
destroyer101_old
hey umm I'm a new player and I was wondering how do u get a skin?
R0kki_old
:)
Tifa
Nice
Kirazuoo
kevin03165

Shizuku- wrote:

peppy wrote:

1. If you just want to replace a few elements of the default skin (ie. cursor), make sure your skin is named "User". This will ensure you are always using the latest skin version (even without a skin.ini).
I am confused in this part. Can someone explain?
teto00

Shizuku- wrote:

Ahh, Thanks.
fiy wind

Shizuku- wrote:

Ahh, Thanks.
thanks
show more