forum

Skin versioning and broken skin layouts

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nerova Riuz GX
Is it possible if I want to make old spinners, old ranking screen and new beatmap panel layout appear in one skin by changing options in Settings or skin.ini?
Kris Senpai
there's one problem i'm having with this, and that's the spinner..My spinner skin turn back to the original spinner skin.. can someone help/explain to me?
iLotus-

Granger wrote:

Ok, i need help. Since the last few updates my skin breaks more and more, now the song selection became unreadable too.

No matter of using Version 1 or 2, my song selection menu text is missalinged and nearly unreadable and the taiko elements missalinged. In version 2 my spinner dissapears and gets replaced by the default one.

EDIT; On that note, there a few unskinable ui things broken too.

That is because they changed it xD Try to put the new Default skin and look the new Song Selection Menu.

Im waiting for the new Osu Default Skin Template (p/3135653#p3135653) For try to fix my skins :l
o2mania_old

Nerova Riuz GX wrote:

Is it possible if I want to make old spinners, old ranking screen and new beatmap panel layout appear in one skin by changing options in Settings or skin.ini?
it could be. at skin.ini, set "Version" to "Version: 2.0" then you can use the old spinner image as "spinner-top.png" and just blank the pixels of "spinner bottom.png".(as I said this already...I just wanted to do step-by-step) if you don't want the spinner appearing with double white frames, you can just erase all pixels of the "spinner-middle.png"(I DON'T mean to delete the file or it will still show up if you do) and use the old ranking screen files such as the graph, the "perfect", the score bar and anything that appears on the ranking screen. (just let me know if this answers your question or not... I may not be right sometimes :/ )
Granger

iLotus- wrote:

Granger wrote:

Ok, i need help. Since the last few updates my skin breaks more and more, now the song selection became unreadable too.

No matter of using Version 1 or 2, my song selection menu text is missalinged and nearly unreadable and the taiko elements missalinged. In version 2 my spinner dissapears and gets replaced by the default one.

That is because they changed it xD Try to put the new Default skin and look the new Song Selection Menu.

Im waiting for the new Osu Default Skin Template (p/3135653#p3135653) For try to fix my skins :l
Im aware they changed it, else i wouldnt have this problem, would i?
Now, any tips on how to fix the problems?

Im not a skinner and i know only basic image editing... any options i can change besides the version which didnt do anything but break the spinner too?
tabaha
I love the lack of documentation on how spinners work on version 2
_sparky_

Granger wrote:

these updates make skins for some people worse :/

does it only happen on this skin though?
-Seren-
i like this new skin update
it makes my skin look so clear and clean
iLotus-

Granger wrote:

Im aware they changed it, else i wouldnt have this problem, would i?
Now, any tips on how to fix the problems?

Im not a skinner and i know only basic image editing... any options i can change besides the version which didnt do anything but break the spinner too?
They said that we need to edit the Skin.ini for fix it. And you can get the actual Skin.ini of the Osu Default Skin Template. (The link that I've copied)
Kaivu

[Kris] wrote:

there's one problem i'm having with this, and that's the spinner..My spinner skin turn back to the original spinner skin.. can someone help/explain to me?
I'm having this problem too. I have six skins and changed all of them to "Version: latest." Half of them work perfectly; the other three have default spinners. I tried changing it to "Version: 2" and got the same result except the beatmap selection page doesn't display correctly. Changing it to "Version: 1" obviously fixes the spinners, but then the beatmap selection page has issues.
Jojajim
I like this update though i have a problem.
After remaking a few things on my skin my ranking-replay/ranking-retry skin stopped working, this only occurs when i have "version: latest" typed in skin.ini. The skins works fine when i remove "version: latest" from skin.ini. And "my pause-retry@2x" takes the spot of "ranking-retry" http://puu.sh/9eU3f/073bd19b7a.jpg, anyone else have this problem? anyone know how to fix it?

Edit: I've tested some more, it appears that this happens when you have two different skin models for ranking screen and pause screen, When I have "version: latest" in skin.ini osu! can't find models called "ranking-retry" or "ranking-replay". It works fine if you have the same retry/replay in both pause and ranking screen but i prefer to have diffrent models in these two places.

The same happens to my other skins aswell as soon as I type "version: latest" in my skin.ini and these skin I haven't changed anything in since the last patch.

Edit 2: typing "version: 2" in skin.ini has the same effect
Marl_velius
my custom spinner isnt showing up, all that shows up is the base one.
Untaled
Nvm,I have same problem with spinner, it turn back to original spinner.
Ayesha Altugle
Restored back Icon
Toukai
I'm having a problem with reskinning my spinner to the new skin...

Ive looked through the things I needed and It keeps using the standard osu spinner (it hurts muh eyes T_T)

does anyone have a fix for this?
Ayesha Altugle
Try any one of this below (in your skin's skin.ini):

Version: 1
Version: 2
Toukai
Version: 2 - No image preview and spinner stays standard

Version: 1 - No image preview and spinners turned back to my custom one. But the hit bursts changed into default this time
MillhioreF
Can anyone with a buggy spinner upload their skin so I can try to find the problem?
Toukai
manjumochi

-[Kirito]- wrote:

Here you go! :(

Link: http://puu.sh/9fFxp/3791a03894.osk
Rename spinner-circle to spinner-top (or spinner-bottom), other things like spinner-metre and background won't work anymore on v2, unfortunately (It would be nice if there are some way to work around this matter).
Edit: Sorry for my bad english.
Toukai
Oh I tried that before and it didnt work for me either :/ so I dont know....it would a huge loss if we cant make a spinner bg :(
MillhioreF
I've pushed a change that'll force the spinner back to old style if you include spinner-background.png in your skin. Keep in mind this means you won't be able to use new spinner elements if you do so (spinner-middle, spinner-top, spinner-bottom).
manjumochi

-[Kirito]- wrote:

Oh I tried that before and it didnt work for me either :/ so I dont know....it would a huge loss if we cant make a spinner bg :(
A work around for this is rename to spinner-top and use a transparent image to spinner-bottom (or duplicate the spinner-circle and rename one to spinner-top and other to spinner-bottom).

Edit:

MillhioreF wrote:

I've pushed a change that'll force the spinner back to old style if you include spinner-background.png in your skin. Keep in mind this means you won't be able to use new spinner elements if you do so (spinner-middle, spinner-top, spinner-bottom).
I'll try to test on a skin I'm creating which is "in the works".
Toukai

MillhioreF wrote:

I didnt even know those were new LOL

I'll just skin the old spinners until the issues with the new spinners are fixed

thanks a lot :D
PinkHusky
What can be done about the alignment of my skin? I've tried "Version: 2" "Version: 1" and "Version: Latest" in my skin.ini but none of them fixed the slight problem I have been having. (I put them in there with out the quotes, don't worry)

This is what the skin used to look like: http://postimg.org/image/ttpv4v813/
Hollow star player rating in the upper left and very even song selection because it aligns based on font. (It seems) Which makes a nice look curve.

What it looks like now: http://postimg.org/image/l8rxzy8h3/
Stars are filled in (I didn't log in for you to see though, oops?) and each one of the songs align whichever way they feel like. It doesn't look like a nice clean curve at all, It's all jagged.

However it looks like they do align correctly when I use this skin: http://postimg.org/image/xot97fr6v/
Is there a way to get back to the older version/way the song aligned since I can't get it to work?

Do I have to deal with it or just use a different less attractive skin?
MillhioreF
If you notice, the song alignments are jagged anyway, and the smooth curve is noticable because the panels are solid, and not partially invisible like on your other skin. The star image has also changed, so you'll have to fill them in from the old template if you want them to go back.
iLotus-

MillhioreF wrote:

If you notice, the song alignments are jagged anyway, and the smooth curve is noticable because the panels are solid, and not partially invisible like on your other skin. The star image has also changed, so you'll have to fill them in from the old template if you want them to go back.
MilhioreF Can you give us the new skin.ini? I wanna see the new codes for edit my skins... Also can update the Osu Default Skin Template? (t/129191/start=120)

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.
MillhioreF
There are no new skin.ini codes. The only skinning change in version 2.2 is that song select will use star2.png instead of star.png.
Topic Starter
peppy
It doesn't use star2.png anymore.

@PinkHusky this is a cosmetic bug which will be fixed soon (misalignment when ranks are present).
OsuMe65
Somehow, selection-(n)-overs won't show up on cursor hover

Ayesha Altugle

OsuMe65 wrote:

Somehow, selection-(n)-overs won't show up on cursor hover

t/214674

isn't that next neosu?
thedarkjack

MillhioreF wrote:

awesome. thank you so much. was hoping for a change like this.
streeteelf
Could anyone look at my skin and maybe fix it? I mean that w/ "Version: 2" I've a problems with Taiko drums and after a song with ranking-menu-background, Retry and Watch Replay buttons, but w/o any "Version: ..." I've only problems with Taiko drums. I got confused after all this what I'm trying to do to fix this.

http://puu.sh/9fZEX/95ad25a956.osk
Ayesha Altugle
Use Version: 2.1 to fix the drum issue
- Marco -

How can i center the image? D:
Granger
Ok, the recent patch fixed my spinner for version 2, and setting the version to 2.1 fixed my taiko elements. (Thanks vahn10!)

I suppose theres nothing i can do for the map selection menu short of redoing the graphics? ._.
I also have no idea how to fix the broken unskinable elements.
Symqn

MillhioreF wrote:

I have spinner-background.png in my skin but the base spinner still shows up i tryed changing version none of them work.
o2mania_old

streeteelf wrote:

Could anyone look at my skin and maybe fix it? I mean that w/ "Version: 2" I've a problems with Taiko drums and after a song with ranking-menu-background, Retry and Watch Replay buttons, but w/o any "Version: ..." I've only problems with Taiko drums. I got confused after all this what I'm trying to do to fix this.
Insert "Version: 2.2" in skin.ini :)
Legxis

MillhioreF wrote:

There are no new skin.ini codes. The only skinning change in version 2.2 is that song select will use star2.png instead of star.png.
But why?
- Marco -

Legxis wrote:

MillhioreF wrote:

But why?
show more