forum

How do i get used to playing without hidden?

posted
Total Posts
show more
buny
Post in ctb forum
ProgrammerSocks
If you LITERALLY can't play without hidden, I'm afraid there's no hope, because that is what literally means. Maybe go see a doctor and ask him to give you cyborg eyes so you can become an Osu master? Or you could perform oblations to the Beat gods until they drop the fruit of reading ability onto your plate.

Or you could just play old and clunky insanes without hidden, your eyes will probably give up and start reading it if you push them hard enough.

buny wrote:

Post in ctb forum
This is also a good idea.
Topic Starter
jazzy9875x

Soner wrote:

If you LITERALLY can't play without hidden, I'm afraid there's no hope, because that is what literally means. Maybe go see a doctor and ask him to give you cyborg eyes so you can become an Osu master? Or you could perform oblations to the Beat gods until they drop the fruit of reading ability onto your plate.

Or you could just play old and clunky insanes without hidden, your eyes will probably give up and start reading it if you push them hard enough.

buny wrote:

Post in ctb forum
Thanx for the advice xDD
Vuelo Eluko

Soner wrote:

buny wrote:

Post in ctb forum
pretty much this guy knows what hes talking about even though he has 1 post hes basically fruitiezi
buny

Soner wrote:

buny wrote:

Post in ctb forum
Maybe his osu crashes when he plays ctb without hidden
the possibilities are endless
Varetyr
Don't give a damn and become a HD god, have fun.
hehehe.
(I just hope you're not planning to play in a CWC then, a bit like this guy quoted previously)
Mystrian_old
DT+HR easy-normal maps
Hello Skitty
>2014
>ctb
GoldenWolf

skiter43 wrote:

>2014
>ctb
what's wrong?
Hello Skitty

GoldenWolf wrote:

skiter43 wrote:

>2014
>ctb
what's wrong?
Tomorrow i have exams and i havent studied yet :(
iWhorse

jazzy9875x wrote:

I cant play without hidden, without hidden my eyes go blurry and makes how I play worse e.e I play ctb.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/used+to
that should cover it
Topic Starter
jazzy9875x

iWhorse wrote:

jazzy9875x wrote:

I cant play without hidden, without hidden my eyes go blurry and makes how I play worse e.e I play ctb.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/used+to
that should cover it
? that has nothing to do with what I said? But thanx for letting me know what used to means c:
leepdesu
Go master flashlight instead.
Topic Starter
jazzy9875x

-LeeP- wrote:

Go master flashlight instead.
I should, its so much easier D: .-. e.e
TheVileOne
Flashlight -> easier

You must be joking or have never played CTB with Flashlight.

I am attached to hidden as well. It's not blurry for me. I just react so much more quickly with hidden applied. I've tried training without hidden. I have two methods.

1. I try to look at the same part of the screen where the notes would disappear in hidden. Sometimes I look higher than that so that the ryuuta is not as visible.

2. I look at the ryuuta like normal and try to react faster. there is less heads up about upcoming notes because I'm looking at a lower part of the stream.

Each time I try training without hidden the moment I turn hidden on I instantly start playing better. My results have been inconclusive. It's just better to play with Hidden if the AR > 7. I will use hidden for any AR. I can read all the ARs fairly well.

Why are you trying to read without Hidden?
yxn

TheVileOne wrote:

Why are you trying to read without Hidden?
I find that on maps with complex patterns, playing without hidden can be easier.
Topic Starter
jazzy9875x
Why are you trying to read without Hidden?[/quote]
I feel like its better to be able to play no mod as well as using hidden. Some maps such as rains are easier to play without hidden, but i cant play without it xc
TheVileOne
I rarely come across maps where this is the case. I dislike 1/4th hypers or any type of 1/4th jumps, platewalking, and precise movement patterns in hidden. It's only harder because I am not so good at internally timing events.

If I find a map in which it is easier to play without hidden, I just deal with reacting via looking at the ryuuta/ the bottom half of the screen. Playing without hidden after awhile and you will get used to playing without it. I must note though that my skills substantially increased once I decided to play with Hidden. It may take a lot longer to get back to the same skill level gained with Hidden.
CelegaS
Dont follow fruits with your eyes and play with background.

TheVileOne wrote:

It's just better to play with Hidden if the AR > 7. I will use hidden for any AR. I can read all the ARs fairly well.
I actually prefer no mod to hidden for ar8-9, I find my accuracy and precise movement becomes worse. My reactions improve, so I like it on jumpy maps, but I don't prefer it to no mod. I also find it mentally awkward, I like to see the fruit actually hit the platter. I always use hidden paired with dt or hr though.

As for tips, keeping your eyes focused to the middle-ish of the screen around where the notes disappear in hidden should help. Don't try and get discourage/angry and switch back to hidden, just keep at it! :)
YERTI
just keep playing without hidden as much as possible, i used to be hidden only player too but i realized im so much better without hidden
miku18_old
I'm currently practicing Hidden right now. Practice with maps that have slow HR, then go with higher AR maps if you're comfortable with it. Also remember to listen/pay attention to the beats so that you don't end up moving too early/late and combo-break.

Symm's tip regarding the vanishing point is something that I apply as well.
PhTom
the funniest story that i have heard today :D
Granger

miku18 wrote:

I'm currently practicing Hidden right now. Practice with maps that have slow HR, then go with higher AR maps if you're comfortable with it. Also remember to listen/pay attention to the beats so that you don't end up moving too early/late and combo-break.

Except that HD is harder on low AR?
Unless you cant read read high AR of course.
iiyo
play a lot of nomod
miku18_old

Granger wrote:

miku18 wrote:

I'm currently practicing Hidden right now. Practice with maps that have slow AR, then go with higher AR maps if you're comfortable with it. Also remember to listen/pay attention to the beats so that you don't end up moving too early/late and combo-break.

Except that HD is harder on low AR?
Unless you cant read read high AR of course.
I guess it revolves around preference. (giggles)
Most times I can't play beyond AR8.