help on training hands

posted
Total Posts
8
Topic Starter
henrythenoob
So my right hand is my dominant hand but since osu!mania requires both hands to play, my left hand usually brings down my accuracy by a lot. Are there any hand exercises to train my left hand to be quicker? My left hand feels weak and slow when I play. :/ :lol:
Frostei
If you have a piano, you can practice playing some notes with your left hand.

Bonzomi
Well you could always try 4K/7k using only one hand. You can only play easier beatmaps though.


For the 7k layout I do this:
S D F
Z X C V

Though my right hand is still dominant, it can tap keys faster and I thought my left hand was an all around inferior despite all the practice but weirdly enough I can pull off some patterns with my left hand better than my right one oh wow.

You should try playing with physical restrictions or play other rhythm games like O2Mania where there's a mirror mode and you'll know how it feels to have your left hand do the other's job or vice versa.
Xcrypt

Bonzomi wrote:

try 4K using only one hand
I sometimes play 4k in weird ways, training pinky/ringfinger or playing with one hand to strengthen specific fingers :)

But you don't need to do this kind of practice per se. Everything comes in time with normal play too.
Pinecone
If you keep playing more, it will eventually balance out.
(your left hand will work more automatically to adjust the balance between your left and right hand)
Topic Starter
henrythenoob
now that i think of it, both my right and left hands are pretty weak. but when I use them together, they feel a lot more coordinated. weird right?
[FX] AEM
as a pro 4k player

"Press a bit Heavier" is a solution for you.

it makes you feel more accurately, do not play any high BPM songs, around 120-160 would be fine (depends on your wall). Another one is press a JACK pattern, also makes you press each key more accurately.
when you reach higher skills, from my experienced, if you press really really fast (250+bpm stream (or exceeds your wall.)) your accuracy will lose. Also at this rate, your LN skill(LN walls or noodles) is gonna lose, because your fingers are unable to concentrate, once you press a LN your fingers should "bounce off" by themselves. UNLESS you keep practicing, you will get better results.
Crono

Bonzomi wrote:

Well you could always try 4K/7k using only one hand. You can only play easier beatmaps though.


For the 7k layout I do this:
S D F
Z X C V

Though my right hand is still dominant, it can tap keys faster and I thought my left hand was an all around inferior despite all the practice but weirdly enough I can pull off some patterns with my left hand better than my right one oh wow.

You should try playing with physical restrictions or play other rhythm games like O2Mania where there's a mirror mode and you'll know how it feels to have your left hand do the other's job or vice versa.

-Hazelnut wrote:

If you keep playing more, it will eventually balance out.
(your left hand will work more automatically to adjust the balance between your left and right hand)

[FX] AEM wrote:

as a pro 4k player

"Press a bit Heavier" is a solution for you.

it makes you feel more accurately, do not play any high BPM songs, around 120-160 would be fine (depends on your wall). Another one is press a JACK pattern, also makes you press each key more accurately.
when you reach higher skills, from my experienced, if you press really really fast (250+bpm stream (or exceeds your wall.)) your accuracy will lose. Also at this rate, your LN skill(LN walls or noodles) is gonna lose, because your fingers are unable to concentrate, once you press a LN your fingers should "bounce off" by themselves. UNLESS you keep practicing, you will get better results.
All these tips are useful, but so is playing some really hard maps.

DIBBY is Working on stepmania conversions. <--------------------------------------4k maps

Davteezy and Doorknob have made over 500 BMS conversions from LR2. <---7k maps

and some 8k maps not posted on osu which are also BMS or IIDX conversions can be found on [b]this[/b page <-------------8k maps

Please note you may want to become an experienced player before some of these.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply