TEKONDO - ~Going my way~ [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
35
show more
KSHR

SomeGuyNamedDavid wrote:

KSHR wrote:

Artist: TEKONDO
Romanized^: TEKONDO
Title: ~Going My Way~
Romanized^: ~Going My Way~
Source: Densha de D Lightning Stage
Tags: 電車でD


No kds. Good luck.
Thank you. I tried to award you kudosu for your post, but it was revoked.

But, a question. The title seems to be written in lowercase, ("~Going my way~") which would be the proper way to write it here?
Oops, yeah that was my mistake.. Orz
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

KSHR wrote:

SomeGuyNamedDavid wrote:

Thank you. I tried to award you kudosu for your post, but it was revoked.

But, a question. The title seems to be written in lowercase, ("~Going my way~") which would be the proper way to write it here?
Oops, yeah that was my mistake.. Orz
No problem, and thanks for clearing that up for me.
Nuolong
NEW MAPPER, EH? Well, hello neighbor! Lol.
From modding queue Thank you for taking note on the rules <3

00:32:726 (1,2,3) - These three sliders are ugly. This is a chance to do something inspirational, that will make your map specially unique from others!
00:35:842 (3) - Move to x:168 y:292 Spacing is bad
00:51:421 (1,2,1) - Are this supposed to signify something? If not, this makes no sense. Use this space to make something different. Nice slider shapes, but to my other opinion they're just 3 random sliders.
01:15:961 (1,2,3,4) - Okay, now 01:15:961 (1,2) makes sense, but then I don't hear 01:17:129 (3,4) at all. It's a metronome. Take out
01:29:593 (3,4,5) - ^
00:48:304 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This bunch is too crowded, ESPECIALLY in normal... reminds me of the older maps (Not that I've been playing this for a long time) You could do something like: (first number is the x axis, second number is the y axis number.
00:49:083 (3) - move to 164 84
00:49:279 (4) - move to 192 68
00:49:473 (5) - move to 228 64
00:49:863 (6) - Flip (ctrl+j) and move to 324 112
**Then move next notes accordingly. Try to do this without making a mess like I would do :)
01:03:885 (3) - Random slider again?! What does this mean lol
01:24:918 (1,2,3) - move to 120 48
01:24:918 (1,2,3) - Wrong spacing move to 336 120
This map looks horrible. Don't take any offense to that because I don't mean it in a bad way. The fact that everything is all squished together bothers me and the fact that all of the sliders are small as hell though there are some huge one bothers me to. Being that this thing looks like some racing thing, (I'm probably wrong) it should be longer sliders but faster velocity. Sorry, but I'm not going to mod this difficulty, but I'll give you some help. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/47970&m=0 look at this map, at ignore's Chaos. Observe how these sliders are long and the velocity is high. Now.. imagine the velocity to be slower but the sliders to be all tiny and short... which seems more fun? To me, longer and more velocity. You might wanna change that. =)

Edit: Good luck ! :D
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

NolanM wrote:

NEW MAPPER, EH? Well, hello neighbor! Lol.
From modding queue Thank you for taking note on the rules <3

00:32:726 (1,2,3) - These three sliders are ugly. This is a chance to do something inspirational, that will make your map specially unique from others!
00:35:842 (3) - Move to x:168 y:292 Spacing is bad
00:51:421 (1,2,1) - Are this supposed to signify something? If not, this makes no sense. Use this space to make something different. Nice slider shapes, but to my other opinion they're just 3 random sliders.
01:15:961 (1,2,3,4) - Okay, now 01:15:961 (1,2) makes sense, but then I don't hear 01:17:129 (3,4) at all. It's a metronome. Take out
01:29:593 (3,4,5) - ^
00:48:304 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This bunch is too crowded, ESPECIALLY in normal... reminds me of the older maps (Not that I've been playing this for a long time) You could do something like: (first number is the x axis, second number is the y axis number.
00:49:083 (3) - move to 164 84
00:49:279 (4) - move to 192 68
00:49:473 (5) - move to 228 64
00:49:863 (6) - Flip (ctrl+j) and move to 324 112
**Then move next notes accordingly. Try to do this without making a mess like I would do :)
01:03:885 (3) - Random slider again?! What does this mean lol
01:24:918 (1,2,3) - move to 120 48
01:24:918 (1,2,3) - Wrong spacing move to 336 120
This map looks horrible. Don't take any offense to that because I don't mean it in a bad way. The fact that everything is all squished together bothers me and the fact that all of the sliders are small as hell though there are some huge one bothers me to. Being that this thing looks like some racing thing, (I'm probably wrong) it should be longer sliders but faster velocity. Sorry, but I'm not going to mod this difficulty, but I'll give you some help. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/47970&m=0 look at this map, at ignore's Chaos. Observe how these sliders are long and the velocity is high. Now.. imagine the velocity to be slower but the sliders to be all tiny and short... which seems more fun? To me, longer and more velocity. You might wanna change that. =)

Edit: Good luck ! :D
All changes made to Easy and Normal. "Random sliders" really were just random, though I don't see anything wrong with a slightly longer slider every now and then. Changed anyway, though. "01:24:918 (1,2,3) - Wrong spacing" assumed to be referring to 01:28:230 (1,2) and changed accordingly. (You accidentally used the same timestamp twice in a row.)

As for Hard, yeah, I take no offense to your comments, because I agree, the Hard is the worst out of the mapset. I'd been hoping to make it look passable with some tweaks but it doesn't seem to be getting much better, so at this point I'll probably just scrap it and start all over. But the fact that you said that about Hard and not Easy and Normal, while some earlier modders were saying that all the diffs looked poor, hopefully means that Easy and Normal are somewhere near rankable condition now. And yeah, this song is from a game parodying Initial D, so you're right on the racing guess.
ego_17
i liked hard )
for me all on their places, circles and slider exact there they shoud be/arranging not that good, but playable
comparing map with 150 and 185 bpm isnt right..
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

ego_17 wrote:

i liked hard )
for me all on their places, circles and slider exact there they shoud be/arranging not that good, but playable
comparing map with 150 and 185 bpm isnt right..
Well, when I say it's the worst I meant it was the worst. I feel like I've improved it since then, but people don't really seem to agree.
And for the new version of the diff, I don't plan to go nearly as extreme as that example song does, I think what I'm doing is a nice balance between the two.
But since I do appreciate that you've stuck with the development of this map and believed in it since the beginning, I'll leave both versions of the Hard diff in the map, and say that it's okay to rank difficulties independently of each other. So then, in the best case, they can both stay in.
Map has been updated accordingly, with new diff names and the one new currently partially-finished diff.
ego_17
i think its better to leave one version of hard in set/
just put one you think is better in set,
put old one somethere and link it the description/
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

ego_17 wrote:

i think its better to leave one version of hard in set/
just put one you think is better in set,
put old one somethere and link it the description/
Well, I don't see any problem with including both. I've seen other maps do it before, and there's nothing wrong with having an extra difficulty.
Prophecy
[Note]
- Must Fix
- Recommend

[Overall]
~ Normal is too easy.
~ Don't use too long slider.
~ Normal should always map on White Ticks.
~ Good Luck :3

[Normal]
~ A lot of long slider here! Some slider will leads boring. :(
00:32:737 ~ 00:33:893 - Remap: Bad pattern.
00:38:957 ~ 00:43:241 - Remap: Bad pattern.
00:49:084 - Remap: Bad pattern.
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

Prophecy wrote:

[Note]
- Must Fix
- Recommend

[Overall]
~ Normal is too easy.
~ Don't use too long slider.
~ Normal should always map on White Ticks.
~ Good Luck :3

[Normal]
~ A lot of long slider here! Some slider will leads boring. :(
00:32:737 ~ 00:33:893 - Remap: Bad pattern.
00:38:957 ~ 00:43:241 - Remap: Bad pattern.
00:49:084 - Remap: Bad pattern.
All changes made, thanks for the mod.
Axarious

General
  1. Turn grid snap off and distance snap on when you're mapping. Keep that distance consistent on easy and normal. I suggest you put it at 0.8, 1.0, or 1.2 and stick with that the /entire/ difficulty. This also gets rid of most of the overlaps.
Easy
  1. 00:28:051 (2) - Stay consistent with your DS, this shows Prev: 0.58x and Next: 0.50x. Keep it at one or the other.
  2. 00:31:167 (2) - Same here, except this is Prev: 0.61x and Next: 0.50x. Be consistent.
  3. 00:35:841 (3,1,2) - Don't overlap. This is quite ugly. Place (1) where it doesn't overlap with (3) or (2) while still following DS.
  4. 00:42:073 (1) - Move to x:284 y:145 to keep 0.50x ds.
  5. 00:43:631 (3,1) - Remove overlap.
  6. 00:57:654 (1) - Why? Remove overlap with (2).
  7. 01:10:118 (1,2) - Keep DS consistent, remove (2)'s overlap with (3).
  8. 01:24:140 (2) - ^ Remove overlap with (3).
Normal
  1. 00:33:113 (2,4) - Remove overlap.
  2. 00:35:062 (6,2) - ^
  3. 00:42:073 (7,9) - ^
  4. 00:43:241 (8) - Stay consistent with your DS.
  5. 00:51:420 (1,3) - Remove overlap.
  6. 00:52:979 (3,4,5) - Stay consistent with your DS.
  7. 00:54:536 (5,6,7) - ^
  8. 00:57:264 (8,1,2) - Big DS change as well as a misplaced blanket.
  9. 00:59:601 (3,4) - Remove overlap.
  10. 01:00:769 (4,5,6) - Keep DS consistent.
  11. 01:03:106 (8,9,1,2,3) - Sometimes it's at 0.50x while other times it's at 0.60x. Choose one.
  12. 01:28:814 (2) - This one jumps to 0.77x for some reason.
Hard Minus
  1. I recommend you get rid of this map and replace it with the "Hard Plus", rename that one to "Hard" instead. This one looks too much like a 2009 map for me to mod (reminded me of DJPop's maps).
Hard Plus
  1. Rename to Hard if you delete Hard Minus.
  2. 00:27:661 (5,6,1) - Fix this blanket. Move (1) to x:412 y:298 or something.
  3. 00:33:406 (3,4) - Should be a 1/4 slider starting 00:33:309 - here and 00:33:601 - here, sort of like the rhythm you placed in the beginning, 00:27:077 (3,4) - here.
  4. 00:34:672 (2,3) - Remove overlap, good idea though. Loosen slider (2) to make a nicer blanket.
  5. 00:36:230 (3,4) - Remove small overlap.
  6. 00:37:788 (3) - Why bother with the D.
  7. 00:40:904 (1,2,3) - Remove overlap.
  8. 00:43:631 (1,3) - ^
  9. 00:51:811 (2,3) - Fix blanket.
  10. 01:15:181 (2,3,4,5) - It'll be hard to read that sudden decrease in DS.
  11. 01:16:350 (1,2) - Fix blanket.
  12. 01:16:934 (3,2) - Fix blanket.
  13. 01:26:672 (1) - Link Slider is out of place. 01:26:477 (5) - Do this instead.
  14. 01:31:346 (8) - Why a circle slider?
Insane
  1. This can pass for a DJPop map if you set CS to 5. Skipping this map.
  2. However, 00:37:399 (1) - Stop putting this same D because it's in the background. c.c;
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid
All changes made. But when you say that some difficulties look like a "2009 map" or a "DJPop map" is that something that's bad, or unrankable, or is it just a style that you personally don't like?
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply