forum

TEKONDO - ~Going my way~ [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid
Kudos, and thanks for being my first modder!
So what determines the map's priority, and how many kudosu you earn when I give them to you? I see that you got two, is it always two?

SomeGuyNamedDavid, in response to ego_17's mod, wrote:

Any items without a note saying otherwise have been done.

general :

if you dont plan to map rest of the song you must cut mp3
its better to end map here 01:47:501 (1) -
(Agreed, ended the fade-out at almost exactly that point.)
check ai mod for unsnapped objects (ctrl+shift+A)

easy
mb distance snap 0,8 or 1 is better - so objects dont overlap...
(Not done, I feel like 0.8 is pretty high for Easy, and if I increase the circle size to match I'll have a lot less room to work with and a lot of remapping to do. Plus, there are little to no obscured numbers as-is.)
there is too many circles i think - try make simple rhytm/ 00:31:157 (2,3,1,2,3) -only circles like this is realy hard to play.
00:54:526 (2,1) - different spasing - try to keep its same/ mb ctrl+G 00:57:643 (1)
01:01:538 (2,3,4) - try to avoid staking on easy (but 01:15:950 (1,2,3) - is ok i think)

01:10:107 (1,2,3) - and 01:21:792 (1,2,3) - this parts of the song sound similar - i think its good to make them same on the map (first combo is better i think

normal
mb bigger distance smap again ?) 0,8 or 1 is better to add objects on red tiks
(Not done, same reasoning as for Easy, plus that obscured numbers aren't as much of a problem above Easy.)
its monotone a litle add some elemets on red tics make more fun ( like you did on insane )) but dont overdoit
(I tried, but couldn't find too many spots for good changes, so there was no major overhaul.)
00:32:714 (1) - replace some cirkles with sliders
00:37:388 (5) - ends on blue tick for no reason )
00:59:590 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - repeating slider mb?
01:15:755 (1,2,3) - its hard to catch cos it starts on red tick, try add somthind before it or remap
01:19:455 (4,2) - avoid overlaping like this
01:21:403 (1) - - like on easy its better to make is same with that part 01:10:107 (1)
and 01:12:444 (4,5) - is more better than 01:24:908 (1,2,3,4)
01:28:220 (1,2) - also try to remap

hard
agin try another distanse snap there objects dont overlap
(Not done, same reasoning as for other difficulties.)
then you place circles or sliders on blue ticks try to add some ojects before them on red or white ticks and double check neded they or not/
there is too many blue tick objects right from the start its confusing
(Done to some degree, maybe enough, maybe not.)
00:27:067 - circle?
00:32:519 (3,1) - jump ? so 00:32:714 (1,2,3) - would look more independent
00:35:635 (4,1) - ^
00:36:415 (4) - circle
00:37:388 (1) - mb end on 00:38:752 (2) and circle on 00:38:947 (2) - ?
00:39:628 (4) -plays weird , make it same with 00:45:178 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -
00:40:309 (5,1) - jump ?
00:41:867 (6,1) - ^
00:43:620 (6) - its better to map this place
00:46:542 (7,1) - jump
00:48:100 (7,1) - ^
00:51:410 (1) - i think this place shuld be remaped - it looks like you skiped this part ) keep same challenge level like in other parts
01:03:389 (6) - circle
01:03:485 (6,7) - to slider
01:08:939 (1) - you skipped this part on easy and normal - its ok, but there is no reason to leve it blank on hard
01:21:403 (1) - this part mapped better than this 01:09:328 (1) - make parts alike
01:30:752 (5) - circle

insane
hp drain -1
00:37:389 (1) - mb end on 00:38:168 (2) - and add circle on 00:38:265 (2) -
01:20:430 (4,5,6) - chanche to circles like this?
01:21:403 (1) - start slider there with the lyrics like you did it before

thats all

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 22/bb4.gif
MULTI-TRACK DRIFTING!
ego_17

SomeGuyNamedDavid wrote:

So what determines the map's priority, and how many kudosu you earn when I give them to you? I see that you got two, is it always two?
here https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Kudosu
then you post in map threads, forum tells you how many stars you gain for posting http://puu.sh/9QWus/22645a1977.png
i get 2 kstars, map priority increases then you give kudosu for modders, or if someone, or mapper shoted star, modders can get star one per map (or twice if they really deserved it)

anyway thanks for reading my scribbles.
its ok not acepting all that modders say - its your map, so only you can decide.
and now you know that at least 2 people played map and we think its well done )
keep going!

and one thing, then i said " end map at 01:47:501 " i was mean map until it ) you can just copy elements from start and rearange them.
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

ego_17 wrote:

SomeGuyNamedDavid wrote:

here https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Kudosu
then you post in map threads, forum tells you how many stars you gain for posting http://puu.sh/9QWus/22645a1977.png
i get 2 kstars, map priority increases then you give kudosu for modders, or if someone, or mapper shoted star, modders can get star one per map (or twice if they really deserved it)

anyway thanks for reading my scribbles.
its ok not acepting all that modders say - its your map, so only you can decide.
and now you know that at least 2 people played map and we think its well done )
keep going!

and one thing, then i said " end map at 01:47:501 " i was mean map until it ) you can just copy elements from start and rearange them.
Alright, thanks. So by "2 people" playing my map do you mean there was someone other than you or me?
Also, the reason I didn't map all the way to 1:47 is because the second verse starts there and this is only a one-verse map, there'd be no room for fade-out if I mapped all the way there.
ego_17

SomeGuyNamedDavid wrote:

Alright, thanks. So by "2 people" playing my map do you mean there was someone other than you or me?
eah i sended it to my friend.
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

ego_17 wrote:

SomeGuyNamedDavid wrote:

eah i sended it to my friend
Oh, nice. If he does modding, or if he helped you with yours, you can let him know that he's free to come post and claim his kudosu too.
Fuuyu
Sorry for the Late Reply From . . xLoupGarou's Modding Queue

*Mp3 --> OK

*BG --> Nyan~LINK
-Cropped to 16:9
-Resized to 1024*576
-Applied the same effect with my other edits
-Improved Photo Quality

Nyan~MOD
Important : The way I'll be modding is to NOT change your mapping style so sorry if I only modded few :(

Source : Add Initial D

[Normal]
HP Drain +1
Circle Size -1 ( NM Diff )
OD - +1
00:38:567 Add a note
00:54:148 ^
00:55:706 ^
00:57:264 ^
01:08:949 Add a long note End --> 01:09:339
01:09:728 Add a note

[Hard]
HP Drain +1
Circle Size -1 ( Don't use 5 :o )
OD +1
Your Notes are too close for a Hard Diff try moving it
-Nothing Else-

[Insane]
Circle Size -1
-Nothing Else-

That's All, I suggest you put more blankets . . .
Good Luck~
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

SomeGuyNamedDavid, in response to xLoupGarou's mod, wrote:

Sorry for the Late Reply From . . xLoupGarou's Modding Queue

*Mp3 --> OK

*BG --> Nyan~LINK
-Cropped to 16:9
-Resized to 1024*576
-Applied the same effect with my other edits
-Improved Photo Quality
(Manually cropped and resized accordingly. Hesitant to use provided BG, not sure if I like how the effect looks.)

Nyan~MOD (Additional notes inside)
Important : The way I'll be modding is to NOT change your mapping style so sorry if I only modded few :(

Source : Add Initial D (Not done, not exactly true. (I might do it anyway, though, I guess I don't see why not other than it being technically wrong.) The proper source is what I've written in the artist slot, I haven't been able to figure out the real artist. Initial D, as the media being parodied, is already listed in the tags.)

[Normal]
(All done.)
HP Drain +1
Circle Size -1 ( NM Diff )
OD - +1
00:38:567 Add a note
00:54:148 ^
00:55:706 ^
00:57:264 ^
01:08:949 Add a long note End --> 01:09:339
01:09:728 Add a note

[Hard]
(All done.)
HP Drain +1
Circle Size -1 ( Don't use 5 :o )
OD +1
Your Notes are too close for a Hard Diff try moving it
-Nothing Else-

[Insane]
(All done.)
Circle Size -1
-Nothing Else-

That's All, I suggest you put more blankets . . . (I guess by this you mean blanket beats, I'll try to keep that in mind.)
Good Luck~
(Thank you, and thanks for the modding.:D)
Rad-
Hello!

Because the mapset really needs alot more help than simple mod, I'll give you instructions on how to make a better map for next time if you decide to remap this mapset or simply the next maps you do:

- About this map, the preview point should be here: 01:13:235
- You should add an inherited point at the same place as your timing point.
- In all difficulties, you should really use a better spacing, 0,5x makes the sliders too fast for the small spacing that each object has in between.
- All the maps felt being too straight, like the sliders and most patterns being alot like squares.
- You should also never use so much reptition, it's boring when played.
- On Easy, there are too many reverting sliders. Don't really like 00:37:399 (1) these sliders.
- The Insane was actually my favorite difficulty from this, but by the wrong reasons lol, i actually enjoy these kind of streamy maps. But of course it has lots of problems like:
--- You kept using the same spacing all the time, Insanes and Hards can have a different one for some parts to make jumps, and to avoid such spaced streams and single tapping notes.
--- 00:59:212 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - this pattern is really bad, it breaks the flow of the map and it's not easy to read the last part.
--- Again, it felt like i was playing alot of squared patterns, which shouldn't never be like that for a map if this difficulty.

Really, what you need to know is play more often and map more and more as possible, to improve both as a player and as a mapper, being a good player will be easier to make a better difficulty spread as well, specially on higher difficulty maps.

Hope it helps at least ^^
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

SomeGuyNamedDavid, in response to Rad-, wrote:

- About this map, the preview point should be here: 01:13:235 (Why right in the middle of a verse like that?)
- You should add an inherited point at the same place as your timing point.
(As in, add an inherited point with the exact same offset as my first timing point? Why?)
- In all difficulties, you should really use a better spacing, 0,5x makes the sliders too fast for the small spacing that each object has in between.
(So as a rule of thumb, distance spacing should be about equal to slider speed? Or faster?)
- All the maps felt being too straight, like the sliders and most patterns being alot like squares.
(Yeah, that's kind of what I was going for, since I didn't want to experiment too much and end up with a disorganized mess, at least not for my first map.)
- You should also never use so much reptition, it's boring when played.
(It was actually a little less before, but I was told that using a different beat pattern for identical-sounding measures back-to-back was bad, so now I have conflicting advice. A little clarity on that would be nice.)
- On Easy, there are too many reverting sliders. Don't really like 00:37:399 (1) these sliders.
(Do you mean just the really short ones, or all of them? I'm actually not a big fan of the really short ones either, due to getting only short notice to when they end, so I made sure not to overuse those.)
- The Insane was actually my favorite difficulty from this, but by the wrong reasons lol, i actually enjoy these kind of streamy maps. But of course it has lots of problems like:
--- You kept using the same spacing all the time, Insanes and Hards can have a different one for some parts to make jumps, and to avoid such spaced streams and single tapping notes.
(I did add jumps on a couple occasions, but not very often because I'm not all that sure on where is okay and where isn't.)
--- 00:59:212 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - this pattern is really bad, it breaks the flow of the map and it's not easy to read the last part.
(Noted and fixed.)
--- Again, it felt like i was playing alot of squared patterns, which shouldn't never be like that for a map if this difficulty.
(But is it unrankable, or just frowned upon?)

Really, what you need to know is play more often and map more and more as possible, to improve both as a player and as a mapper, being a good player will be easier to make a better difficulty spread as well, specially on higher difficulty maps.
(So then, as a player who typically plays at about 3 stars (in the new difficulty system), do I just have no business being in the mapping community at all?)
Joon
Hi

Hit sound modding

[General]
*Hit sound of your classical. But this is to change the pattern of your own.
*Reduce the use of clap

[Easy]
00:37:399 (1) - end notes add finish

[Hard]
00:33:796 (5,7) - add clap
00:35:159 (3) - end notes add clap
00:35:646 (4) - add clap

good luck
Rad-

SomeGuyNamedDavid wrote:

SomeGuyNamedDavid, in response to Rad-, wrote:

- About this map, the preview point should be here: 01:13:235 (Why right in the middle of a verse like that?) Because the preview point was too far away from the best part of the song, and it sounds alot better right before the beat starts on this song.
- You should add an inherited point at the same place as your timing point. (As in, add an inherited point with the exact same offset as my first timing point? Why?) To avoid slider speed conflicts, and if you anytime decide to change slider speed, you would have to add an inherited point anyway there so it doesn't hurt to make a new one always on the same place as timing point.
- In all difficulties, you should really use a better spacing, 0,5x makes the sliders too fast for the small spacing that each object has in between. (So as a rule of thumb, distance spacing should be about equal to slider speed? Or faster?) Distance should always be consistent, you can't have sliders that are too fast for the spacing of your notes, as it is not good to read, specailly for first time plays, it really makes alot of confusion to how you should move with your cursor.
- All the maps felt being too straight, like the sliders and most patterns being alot like squares.Yeah, that's kind of what I was going for, since I didn't want to experiment too much and end up with a disorganized mess, at least not for my first map.) Well, i can tell you already that you will hardly get a first map ranked, so take as much time to practice as possible, because first maps are always bad for anyone really,
- You should also never use so much reptition, it's boring when played. (It was actually a little less before, but I was told that using a different beat pattern for identical-sounding measures back-to-back was bad, so now I have conflicting advice. A little clarity on that would be nice.) Repetition shows how lazy a mapper is, and repeated maps that are obvious as this is really boring to play, as it's just playing the same thing but flipped. Try doing new patterns and not just keep it safe with your map, you really shouldn't avoid being creative if you actually want a ranked map.
- On Easy, there are too many reverting sliders. Don't really like 00:37:399 (1) these sliders. (Do you mean just the really short ones, or all of them? I'm actually not a big fan of the really short ones either, due to getting only short notice to when they end, so I made sure not to overuse those.) Both, but of course the short ones are an even bigger problem on easy difficulty, these kinds of sliders are better on harder difficulty maps.
--- You kept using the same spacing all the time, Insanes and Hards can have a different one for some parts to make jumps, and to avoid such spaced streams and single tapping notes. (I did add jumps on a couple occasions, but not very often because I'm not all that sure on where is okay and where isn't.) These were hardly noticeable as the whole map spacing is the same all the time, and it really reminds me of a map from 2009 or 2010
--- 00:59:212 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - this pattern is really bad, it breaks the flow of the map and it's not easy to read the last part. Noted and fixed.)
--- Again, it felt like i was playing alot of squared patterns, which shouldn't never be like that for a map if this difficulty. (But is it unrankable, or just frowned upon?) Most assuredly unrankable, nowadays no one makes maps like these because of how it looks bad, ofc you can always try doing maps like these, but it will still look as if it were your first maps ever made for that reason.

Really, what you need to know is play more often and map more and more as possible, to improve both as a player and as a mapper, being a good player will be easier to make a better difficulty spread as well, specially on higher difficulty maps. So then, as a player who typically plays at about 3 stars (in the new difficulty system), do I just have no business being in the mapping community at all?)I never said that, i said you needed to improve, not quit. Practice is important.
ego_17
adding inherited timig poing(green one) exactly on timing point(red one) may cause map fail to load.

about repeating - its individual, but hey, why places that sound exactly the same cant be mapped with the same elements ? im not telling to copypaste it all - just same elements, not mirrored //, many faimous mappers use this - check some ztrot maps.
mapping repeating places in the song different, and not reflecting already mapped places - its mapping in fast whatever style, just some elements on some downbeats witout reason , no thinking and looking back, that is really announg to play.
i recomend read this blog of this player : https://osu.ppy.sh/u/23062
http://genshaze.blogspot.mx/search?upda ... results=14
http://beatmapdesign.blogspot.mx/
Rad-

ego_17 wrote:

adding inherited timig poing(green one) exactly on timing point(red one) may cause map fail to load.
That actually never happened to me, but i guess that is completely optional, i just use it to avoid confusion with sliders, but really not important. And what i really meant was on the first object, so my bad.
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

Joon wrote:

[General]
*Hit sound of your classical. But this is to change the pattern of your own.
Not totally sure what you mean by this. Otherwise, done.
neonat
General

Countdown is enabled on Standard Difficulties
Countdown isn't enabled on Taiko Difficulties
Please choose to either enable or disable the countdown on all difficulties

Wow um I think I can just say some general help tips, because the difficulties don't seem to be at the ready stage yet

The map style seems very old. I take a look at it and it reminds of this

It definitely doesn't flow well, and the movement is too rigid. You use too many straight sliders and there isn't smooth curves around. This hampers flow greatly.
The spacing isn't good either. There is no variation of spacing even in Insane, you are unable to express different parts of the music if you don't change around. Seen especially in Hard, the spacing between notes are too small, everything is cramped up and it doesn't look good.

With regards to the placement of objects, placing of circles like 00:58:238 (6,7,8,9,10,11) in Insane is just not good movement, and doesn't look nice. You can also see quite clearly as well on all difficulties that the movement is always forward and in front of the previous note. (Example: (Hard) 00:33:407 (4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5) - ) It will be good if you moved around, have it move to the sides, cut back, etc. This might be done better if spacing varied and you used more curved sliders. 00:43:631 (1,2,3,4,5) in Hard is just too old style, it's angular and you can't flow as it moves in straight lines, it is more comfortable when you can move in a curve.

Rhythm is too simplistic, it doesn't feel 'special' to the song. There are too many circles in a row for Insane, just look at 01:13:039 (5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3) for example. You could use sliders for longer vocals, but basically alternate between the objects and pattern/rhythm, 1/2 notes all the way is bland.

Hitsounds could also be better, and the difficulty curve between Hard and Insane is steep, you might want to bridge that with another difficulty in between or either make Hard harder or Insane easier.

Good Luck with this. Play more and see how others map, and feel understand why and how they map.
Akiyama Mizuki
Hi, from my modding queue. I thought of face when I saw the artist name lol

Muzukashii
SPOILER
00:26:492 (1) - D or K
00:44:020 (3) - k
01:03:107 (4) - Move to 01:03:009 -
01:06:515 (5) - d

Oni
SPOILER
Slider Tick Rate 1
00:49:668 (11,12,1) - Not unrankable but, plz make it more playable. d D or just dkd
00:59:406 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - ddkkdk kdkd fits better
01:06:223 (9,10,11,12,13) - k dk dk

Actually okayish map to be first thing. But, You should add some short 1/4 streams like ddd, kkk in Muzukashii so the diff spread won't be screwed up ;)
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid
neonat:

Gave all Osu difficulties a general overhaul based on these suggestions.

bbj0920:

Made all suggested changes, except "Oni: Slider Tick Rate 1" was assumed to mean 2 and changed accordingly, and "Oni: 01:06:223 (9,10,11,12,13) - k dk dk" was already mapped exactly this way so there was no change to make.
ego_17

neonat wrote:

General
The map style seems very old. I take a look at it and it reminds of this
wow this map is really EXELLENT! - especially hard diff! it follows music werywell and author have realy great SB idea
- shame on new fastfood tvsizes )
KSHR
Artist: TEKONDO
Romanized^: TEKONDO
Title: ~Going My Way~
Romanized^: ~Going My Way~
Source: Densha de D Lightning Stage
Tags: 電車でD

No kds. Good luck.
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

KSHR wrote:

No kds. Good luck.
Thank you. I tried to award you kudosu for your post, but it was revoked.

But, a question. The title seems to be written in lowercase, ("~Going my way~") which would be the proper way to write it here?
KSHR

SomeGuyNamedDavid wrote:

KSHR wrote:

No kds. Good luck.

But, a question. The title seems to be written in lowercase, ("~Going my way~") which would be the proper way to write it here?
Oops, yeah that was my mistake.. Orz
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

KSHR wrote:

SomeGuyNamedDavid wrote:

Oops, yeah that was my mistake.. Orz
No problem, and thanks for clearing that up for me.
Nuolong
NEW MAPPER, EH? Well, hello neighbor! Lol.
From modding queue Thank you for taking note on the rules <3

Easy
00:32:726 (1,2,3) - These three sliders are ugly. This is a chance to do something inspirational, that will make your map specially unique from others!
00:35:842 (3) - Move to x:168 y:292 Spacing is bad
00:51:421 (1,2,1) - Are this supposed to signify something? If not, this makes no sense. Use this space to make something different. Nice slider shapes, but to my other opinion they're just 3 random sliders.
01:15:961 (1,2,3,4) - Okay, now 01:15:961 (1,2) makes sense, but then I don't hear 01:17:129 (3,4) at all. It's a metronome. Take out
01:29:593 (3,4,5) - ^

Normal
00:48:304 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This bunch is too crowded, ESPECIALLY in normal... reminds me of the older maps (Not that I've been playing this for a long time) You could do something like: (first number is the x axis, second number is the y axis number.
00:49:083 (3) - move to 164 84
00:49:279 (4) - move to 192 68
00:49:473 (5) - move to 228 64
00:49:863 (6) - Flip (ctrl+j) and move to 324 112
**Then move next notes accordingly. Try to do this without making a mess like I would do :)
01:03:885 (3) - Random slider again?! What does this mean lol
01:24:918 (1,2,3) - move to 120 48
01:24:918 (1,2,3) - Wrong spacing move to 336 120

Hard
This map looks horrible. Don't take any offense to that because I don't mean it in a bad way. The fact that everything is all squished together bothers me and the fact that all of the sliders are small as hell though there are some huge one bothers me to. Being that this thing looks like some racing thing, (I'm probably wrong) it should be longer sliders but faster velocity. Sorry, but I'm not going to mod this difficulty, but I'll give you some help. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/47970&m=0 look at this map, at ignore's Chaos. Observe how these sliders are long and the velocity is high. Now.. imagine the velocity to be slower but the sliders to be all tiny and short... which seems more fun? To me, longer and more velocity. You might wanna change that. =)

Edit: Good luck ! :D
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

NolanM wrote:

NEW MAPPER, EH? Well, hello neighbor! Lol.
From modding queue Thank you for taking note on the rules <3

Easy
00:32:726 (1,2,3) - These three sliders are ugly. This is a chance to do something inspirational, that will make your map specially unique from others!
00:35:842 (3) - Move to x:168 y:292 Spacing is bad
00:51:421 (1,2,1) - Are this supposed to signify something? If not, this makes no sense. Use this space to make something different. Nice slider shapes, but to my other opinion they're just 3 random sliders.
01:15:961 (1,2,3,4) - Okay, now 01:15:961 (1,2) makes sense, but then I don't hear 01:17:129 (3,4) at all. It's a metronome. Take out
01:29:593 (3,4,5) - ^

Normal
00:48:304 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This bunch is too crowded, ESPECIALLY in normal... reminds me of the older maps (Not that I've been playing this for a long time) You could do something like: (first number is the x axis, second number is the y axis number.
00:49:083 (3) - move to 164 84
00:49:279 (4) - move to 192 68
00:49:473 (5) - move to 228 64
00:49:863 (6) - Flip (ctrl+j) and move to 324 112
**Then move next notes accordingly. Try to do this without making a mess like I would do :)
01:03:885 (3) - Random slider again?! What does this mean lol
01:24:918 (1,2,3) - move to 120 48
01:24:918 (1,2,3) - Wrong spacing move to 336 120

Hard
This map looks horrible. Don't take any offense to that because I don't mean it in a bad way. The fact that everything is all squished together bothers me and the fact that all of the sliders are small as hell though there are some huge one bothers me to. Being that this thing looks like some racing thing, (I'm probably wrong) it should be longer sliders but faster velocity. Sorry, but I'm not going to mod this difficulty, but I'll give you some help. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/47970&m=0 look at this map, at ignore's Chaos. Observe how these sliders are long and the velocity is high. Now.. imagine the velocity to be slower but the sliders to be all tiny and short... which seems more fun? To me, longer and more velocity. You might wanna change that. =)

Edit: Good luck ! :D
All changes made to Easy and Normal. "Random sliders" really were just random, though I don't see anything wrong with a slightly longer slider every now and then. Changed anyway, though. "01:24:918 (1,2,3) - Wrong spacing" assumed to be referring to 01:28:230 (1,2) and changed accordingly. (You accidentally used the same timestamp twice in a row.)

As for Hard, yeah, I take no offense to your comments, because I agree, the Hard is the worst out of the mapset. I'd been hoping to make it look passable with some tweaks but it doesn't seem to be getting much better, so at this point I'll probably just scrap it and start all over. But the fact that you said that about Hard and not Easy and Normal, while some earlier modders were saying that all the diffs looked poor, hopefully means that Easy and Normal are somewhere near rankable condition now. And yeah, this song is from a game parodying Initial D, so you're right on the racing guess.
ego_17
i liked hard )
for me all on their places, circles and slider exact there they shoud be/arranging not that good, but playable
comparing map with 150 and 185 bpm isnt right..
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

ego_17 wrote:

i liked hard )
for me all on their places, circles and slider exact there they shoud be/arranging not that good, but playable
comparing map with 150 and 185 bpm isnt right..
Well, when I say it's the worst I meant it was the worst. I feel like I've improved it since then, but people don't really seem to agree.
And for the new version of the diff, I don't plan to go nearly as extreme as that example song does, I think what I'm doing is a nice balance between the two.
But since I do appreciate that you've stuck with the development of this map and believed in it since the beginning, I'll leave both versions of the Hard diff in the map, and say that it's okay to rank difficulties independently of each other. So then, in the best case, they can both stay in.
Map has been updated accordingly, with new diff names and the one new currently partially-finished diff.
ego_17
i think its better to leave one version of hard in set/
just put one you think is better in set,
put old one somethere and link it the description/
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

ego_17 wrote:

i think its better to leave one version of hard in set/
just put one you think is better in set,
put old one somethere and link it the description/
Well, I don't see any problem with including both. I've seen other maps do it before, and there's nothing wrong with having an extra difficulty.
Prophecy
[Note]
- Must Fix
- Recommend

[Overall]
~ Normal is too easy.
~ Don't use too long slider.
~ Normal should always map on White Ticks.
~ Good Luck :3

[Normal]
~ A lot of long slider here! Some slider will leads boring. :(
00:32:737 ~ 00:33:893 - Remap: Bad pattern.
00:38:957 ~ 00:43:241 - Remap: Bad pattern.
00:49:084 - Remap: Bad pattern.
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid

Prophecy wrote:

SPOILER
[Note]
- Must Fix
- Recommend

[Overall]
~ Normal is too easy.
~ Don't use too long slider.
~ Normal should always map on White Ticks.
~ Good Luck :3

[Normal]
~ A lot of long slider here! Some slider will leads boring. :(
00:32:737 ~ 00:33:893 - Remap: Bad pattern.
00:38:957 ~ 00:43:241 - Remap: Bad pattern.
00:49:084 - Remap: Bad pattern.
All changes made, thanks for the mod.
Axarious

General
  1. Turn grid snap off and distance snap on when you're mapping. Keep that distance consistent on easy and normal. I suggest you put it at 0.8, 1.0, or 1.2 and stick with that the /entire/ difficulty. This also gets rid of most of the overlaps.
Easy
  1. 00:28:051 (2) - Stay consistent with your DS, this shows Prev: 0.58x and Next: 0.50x. Keep it at one or the other.
  2. 00:31:167 (2) - Same here, except this is Prev: 0.61x and Next: 0.50x. Be consistent.
  3. 00:35:841 (3,1,2) - Don't overlap. This is quite ugly. Place (1) where it doesn't overlap with (3) or (2) while still following DS.
  4. 00:42:073 (1) - Move to x:284 y:145 to keep 0.50x ds.
  5. 00:43:631 (3,1) - Remove overlap.
  6. 00:57:654 (1) - Why? Remove overlap with (2).
  7. 01:10:118 (1,2) - Keep DS consistent, remove (2)'s overlap with (3).
  8. 01:24:140 (2) - ^ Remove overlap with (3).
Normal
  1. 00:33:113 (2,4) - Remove overlap.
  2. 00:35:062 (6,2) - ^
  3. 00:42:073 (7,9) - ^
  4. 00:43:241 (8) - Stay consistent with your DS.
  5. 00:51:420 (1,3) - Remove overlap.
  6. 00:52:979 (3,4,5) - Stay consistent with your DS.
  7. 00:54:536 (5,6,7) - ^
  8. 00:57:264 (8,1,2) - Big DS change as well as a misplaced blanket.
  9. 00:59:601 (3,4) - Remove overlap.
  10. 01:00:769 (4,5,6) - Keep DS consistent.
  11. 01:03:106 (8,9,1,2,3) - Sometimes it's at 0.50x while other times it's at 0.60x. Choose one.
  12. 01:28:814 (2) - This one jumps to 0.77x for some reason.
Hard Minus
  1. I recommend you get rid of this map and replace it with the "Hard Plus", rename that one to "Hard" instead. This one looks too much like a 2009 map for me to mod (reminded me of DJPop's maps).
Hard Plus
  1. Rename to Hard if you delete Hard Minus.
  2. 00:27:661 (5,6,1) - Fix this blanket. Move (1) to x:412 y:298 or something.
  3. 00:33:406 (3,4) - Should be a 1/4 slider starting 00:33:309 - here and 00:33:601 - here, sort of like the rhythm you placed in the beginning, 00:27:077 (3,4) - here.
  4. 00:34:672 (2,3) - Remove overlap, good idea though. Loosen slider (2) to make a nicer blanket.
  5. 00:36:230 (3,4) - Remove small overlap.
  6. 00:37:788 (3) - Why bother with the D.
  7. 00:40:904 (1,2,3) - Remove overlap.
  8. 00:43:631 (1,3) - ^
  9. 00:51:811 (2,3) - Fix blanket.
  10. 01:15:181 (2,3,4,5) - It'll be hard to read that sudden decrease in DS.
  11. 01:16:350 (1,2) - Fix blanket.
  12. 01:16:934 (3,2) - Fix blanket.
  13. 01:26:672 (1) - Link Slider is out of place. 01:26:477 (5) - Do this instead.
  14. 01:31:346 (8) - Why a circle slider?
Insane
  1. This can pass for a DJPop map if you set CS to 5. Skipping this map.
  2. However, 00:37:399 (1) - Stop putting this same D because it's in the background. c.c;
Topic Starter
SomeGuyNamedDavid
All changes made. But when you say that some difficulties look like a "2009 map" or a "DJPop map" is that something that's bad, or unrankable, or is it just a style that you personally don't like?
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.