Updated the beatmap. Taiko finished. Ready for modding!
Ah, that makes me kinda happy to hear it from you. Really.
tetsutaro wrote:But wondrously this is one map I would grind to excel lol
Thank you lolcubes for your mod! Was really helpful. I'm gonna change the timing soon. Comments in purple are those, where I need some time to think about it before I do any change. Sorry that it took so long to check it. Suddenly I was lazy. lol
lolcubes wrote:ミ╭( ･ㅂ･)و
I will split my post into several sections for better viewing.
- 00:22:623 (1) - Big note as well? if possible, I rather try to avoid having finishers at the beginning of a pattern..
- 00:42:034 (1,2,3,4,1) - ddddd is maybe more appropriate because you followed the "oh" sound with dons in this whole section. I guess I will go for it.
- 00:44:505 (1) - Sliders bug when they are 1/4 away from a previous note, if you continue to stream from the earlier stream, you will miss all ticks so you must intentionally mistime hits to hit this correctly, which is imo a design flaw. For now delete one note.
- 01:04:623 (1,1) - Good spot to introduce some variety, d K instead? Well, since I follow up a k D beat, I will keep it in these stanzas. Later ot changes to d k
- 01:52:622 (1,2,1,2,3) - kkkkd? Fits better because of the high pitch sound you seemed to follow with kats occasionally. Instead, I added at 01:46:887 and 01:52:534 a kat, since I follow that d k d k... beat in a strict way.
- 02:04:270 (1) - Big note? Yes. Also at 02:04:270 (1) -
- 02:14:593 - Add a note? Fits nicely. Deleted one note, so it is more simple.
- 02:15:034 (3,4,5,6,1) - I would suggest to remove this, just having 2 kats at 02:15:034 - and 02:15:387 - fits the music best, and you seem to follow this sound a lot as well. Take a look at 02:26:329 (1,2,1) - for example. You could have it without finish here though, because you didn't use them until then. Good idea. Changed both.
- 02:15:564 (2) - Big note? Quite a change in volume. Done
- 02:26:858 - To be honest, this section made me fail the map. This is really hhard to read and those single dons before the big notes are a bit annoying. What you did inbetween the big notes is cool, but I can't really see a good flowing logic, except for going back and forth with patterns, while the music changes drastically from 02:29:682 - and you are mapping the same thing. While I usually don't suggest to pitch-map, you could shape patterns based on pitch here for better variety and logic in my opinion. Okay, I will see about this one more time. but I like the pattern constellation in general if I'm honest.
- 02:38:152 (1) - Big note here fits really well.Applied it on some you mentioned before, but if possible I try to avoid having too many finishers at the beginning of a pattern. 02:49:446 (1) - Here is also none placed, due to dkkdkkd pattern, and I would actually like to keep it. Well, let's see later about it once again.
- 03:03:564 (3,4,5,6) - I don't think big notes are necessary, this section is calm and quiet, normal dons work better imo. agree
- 03:33:564 (2) - k? One should expect it at least, you used kats at that position in that whole sector. Gonna consider it one more time.
- 03:59:240 (2,1,1) - dkd fits and plays better imo. Disagree here since I I map every 1/1 as don.
- 04:04:887 (2,1,1) - Same. ^
- 04:19:799 (1) - Big note? Fits really nicely. Yes. Fit's also nice with 04:25:446 (1) -
- 04:34:270 - missing a note? Dunno what happened here. I deleted the other notes instead.
- 05:10:182 (1) - Try moving to 05:10:093 - and form a ddk. Plays and sounds better. That don double just doesn't work well imo. okay, I agree with this o/
- 05:14:152 (1,1) - For consistency, this should be a dk. done
- 05:15:564 (1,1,2) - Inconsistency to the previous section. If you took my advice to form a ddk instead of dd kd, try that. done
- 05:17:152 - Can add a kat here, for variety and it fits the structure profile you have in this section. done
- 05:21:211 (1,1) - Really flow breaking, one would expect a triple here. ddk works very well. This applies to all doubles which end on a blue tick just before a finisher in this whole section. Have to think about this one.
- 05:38:064 (2,1) - dk plays much better I'm fine with this one. Plays good for me. Hm
- 05:41:240 - It's more dramatic if you add a don here as well, connects the sections better. done
- 05:51:564 (7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - I provided correct timing for these. But then these would play really bad. A spinner is recommended to use instead. Gonna check timing later!
- 06:24:040 (1) - Big note? Like previously
- 06:43:452 (1,2,3,4,1) - ddddd instead? Because of "oh". done
That's all I guess.
Anyway, thank you for stars and checking!
IMMoRTalS wrote:x.x too hard to find problem ( i can't find problem ; ; )
suggestion then ~
02:41:152 (1,1,1,1) - dd dd : consider from 02:41:682 (1,2,3,4,5) - Having suddenly dd dd might be too abrupt. So I will keep it in this way.
06:55:094 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1) - swap color : i think follow voice are better I will see about this.
too short modOno :3
Pretty nice mod. Provided good points and stuff, I still have to think about. Thank you really much!
cdhsausageboy wrote:bolded stuff are moar important/pretty much unrankable
- Add "mohican sandbag" since reasons as mentioned in pm Done
- Also add "was her"? lol Done
- 00:15:740 - Maybe change this to k since this sounds more like 00:14:329 rather than don bass Give me some time to think about it. Might probably change it.
- 00:32:682 - ^ also for consistency with 00:27:034, imo there's no need to have some sort of variety here since they're the same k ^
- 01:05:858 - There isn't any music here ;w; pretty sure it still works fine without this noteAgree. Changed it a bit in general.
- 01:32:946 (2,3,4) - Um didn't you have just a ddddk when the music is like this for example 01:26:858 (1,2,3,4,1) when the music is kinda different here. The rhythm at 01:35:329 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) is the same as here so I don't why you need to change it
- 02:29:152 (1,2,3,4,5) - eh maybe change some of the notes here to d since the pattern here is (without the big dons) kkk kaa kkk daa kkd kaa which is having more and more dons so having a kkkkk makes less sense
- 03:21:564 (2,1,2,1,2,1,1) - eh in 03:15:917 this pattern makes sense since that's how the music goes but here um...let's just say it doesn't really fit ;w; I'm sure you can come up with better patterns that suits here more rather than just copypasta ;w; Agree. I deleted it completely. lol
- 03:45:917 - You sure you don't wanna have this as a big don? Yeah. When possible, I try to avoid it under any certainumstance. Finishers are to me as the name says... they finish a pattern or stanza in most cases.
- 03:50:329 (1,2,3,4,1,1,2,1) - Is there really any need to change the rhythm here? It sounds pretty distorted, I'd rather keep it consistent like before with d kk kd Give me some time to think about it. I find it actually okay since I did it intentionaly. Can't explain well here. Let's say, I used my own patterns here, having some own rhythm with the dons.
- 04:13:623 (1,2,3,4,5) - Change to something like kkdkk or kddkk to keep the d k d k rhythm going? You've been following it rather consistently in this part You are right, but the vocal has in some cases higher priority than the beat, since it is really emphasized. Gives also some changes in the map which I'm fine with.
- 04:18:740 (2,1) - be moar consistent please ;w; 02:25:446 (1,1,1) and 02:37:093 (1,1) - uses k d too! Agree.
- 04:29:682 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1) - Overlap with the kat after this stream. It can be easily fixed by changing this green line to x0.6 and adding a x0.5 line at 04:32:505 instead Actually the time it appears to be under a note is short, so you still have enough time to see what is coming. But to be on the savety site, I just deleted this kat.
- 05:04:976 - This slider also covers the next notes until they reach half of the playfield :< You might wanna fix it since it's probably unrankable too I guess this case will need some approval, huh? Might be somewhat border case I guess, yet it should be still playable. BPM of the song isn't that fast, and an abuse of slider isn't here either, since it fits to the vocal and is emhasized with the SV change in a good way.
- 05:51:564 (7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - Basically what lolcubes mentioned. Having notes here might sound similar to music but um notes like 05:51:682 , 05:51:799 and 05:52:358 sounds really late compared to the music. In other words they are not snapped to the music properly. Just change it to a spinner and everything would be fine lol Will do very soon.
- 05:54:387 - 2x scroll speed is tooooo slowww *runs* For now I will keep it. Not sure about using x4
- 06:45:917 - this slider is kinda bugged that players can't hit it properly like normal 1/4 or they'll miss all the ticks. Maybe delete 06:45:829 to fix it ? Indeed, done.
Another pro map by ono k, the taiko sounds are really cool in a tnt kind of way, I really enjoyed it while playing!
Good luck \:D/
Thank you really much for the mod, Love!
I'm not used to seeing your name not on the picture :^)
- 00:56:505 (1) - Remove this? Just seems a little forced since everything is very faint and you have the "dead" voice sample on the 1/1 later on that is very noticeable. I think that's a good idea. Removed.
- 02:02:240 (7,8,9) - Remove these, it adds a lot to the fade-out here and I think it's pretty nice. I'm actually with both ways okay, but this seems to be a bit nicer. Changed.
- 02:48:917 (1,1,2,1,2,3,1) - Instead of using this, why not try something else that fits a bit more. From 02:48:740 - 02:49:270 - leaving the 1/4 after empty and adding a finisher on 02:49:446 (1).I didn't applied it in a way you suggested since I wanted to keep the don use here consistent, but I deleted a note and added a finisher as you suggested.
- 03:59:417 (1) - This was a bit awkward and out of nowhere, move this to 03:59:505 and change 03:58:887 (2) - to a d. This would keep a little consistency and variety as well as a bit better playability. done
- 04:05:064 (1) - Move this to 04:05:152 just like the one above. done
That's all I've got. Also with the new skinning changes for Taiko, how about force the TnT hitsounds in? Since not everyone uses the actual skin and uses default. Just add these to the folder and change the hitsounds to custom in the timing editor.
Oooooh, just at the right time! My internet still doesn't work, so it was hard for me to check the suggestion only by osu hitsounds (using a friends computer due to his connection lol Added kat finisher as well
Oh, that will come soon. :p
Love wrote:I'm not used to seeing your name not on the picture :^)
DakeDekaane wrote:Surprised this isn't a Nuclear Fusion.