forum

Game isn't really fun anymore?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
deletemyaccount
I've been playing osu! for about a year, and really enjoyed the difficulty and progression of the game. I promised myself when I started to work on improving that I would play for fun, to be able to get good enough to play the maps that I couldn't.

These days though I just find myself just doing DT insanes to try and farm pp. After a while I realised that I wasn't even really enjoying the game anymore and care so much about my rank.

I would take a break(I have) but then my rank would decay, which kinda annoys me to the point that I will come back, try to get more pp etc. It's an endless process, also very time consuming.

I know rank is just a number, but why do I seem to care about it so much?

Thanks for reading, I'm just having a little bit of a rant :L
nooblet
Unless you do it intentionally I'm pretty sure nobody likes having their rank drop.

Just stop farming PP, get actual good scores on difficult maps without gaining PP (99% A's without combo yay ... I don't do it on purpose, but I get 'em so much it seems like it) while improving your skills. When you feel like your rank has dropped too much, grab a random map out of those and get them delicious ranks back.

I have too many maps with high acc A's ... 2scrub4combo :(
Blueprint
I'm not sure what to reply but,
I play this game for its difficulty if I had say the skills of cookiezi I wouldn't play because it isn't a challenge that and
I have no other games to play that I can play for long periods and enjoy my self
GoldenWolf

Blueprint wrote:

I'm not sure what to reply but,
I play this game for its difficulty if I had say the skills of cookiezi I wouldn't play because it isn't a challenge that and
I have no other games to play that I can play for long periods and enjoy my self
They will always be maps to challenge anyone
And even in the case you'd run out of maps to challenge you, slap DT over anything and bam, over 9000 new challenging maps
Blueprint
Just an example :P I have experienced being 1 of the best at something and this game became unfun unless there was somebody in the room that could give me a run for my money, anyway the fun aspect is just the difficulty :P do what nooblet says ^^
Yano
Stop farming PP and learn:
  • Consistent Streaming
    Bursting
    Low AR (AR8 and below) and AR 10.33 > Reading
    High Accuracy
    Aiming (CS6 and above)
    Hard Patterns
    and Mapping if you have boredom
A high rank feels good, but he don't make you good, except you're in the Top 500

I'm Rank 11.5k now and I'm interested in learning AR10.33 but about every Player says me, it's too early for me to learn AR10.33.
But speed is the thing what makes the game funny for me, so I play high AR...
I can learn the other things when I can play AR10.33 or when I want to do a short Speed break...

I maked the same fault and tried to farm PP in over 10k Plays... I made a 1 month break after I lost the fun at the game
Challenge yourself... a rank is just a Number, the Playcount also
It's stupid if you compare Playcount with Rank because of the much offline Player and Multiaccounter
silmarilen
if you arent having fun, stop playing?
move on to the next game
winber1
try 420 blazing it
buny

winber1 wrote:

try 420 blazing it
Blueprint
Long time no see for whatever reason I get you confused with Aqo and soulg
Rewben2

buny wrote:

winber1 wrote:

try 420 blazing it
ew it's buny

All games get boring after a while
buny

Rewben2 wrote:

ew it's buny

Rewben2

buny wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

ew it's buny

Consider it done
iWhorse

Blueprint wrote:

Just an example :P I have experienced being 1 of the best at something and this game became unfun unless there was somebody in the room that could give me a run for my money, anyway the fun aspect is just the difficulty :P do what nooblet says ^^

that only applies in games where there isn't a challenge in single player mode or there is no single player mode
ShiraiiiKuroko
Play songs you enjoy. It doesn't have to be ranked.
meteor22

silmarilen wrote:

move on to the next game
easier said than done
EcchiMeister

meteor22 wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

move on to the next game
easier said than done
If one truly thinks he is not having fun then he will quit.

But the thing what makes him come back is he seems having "FUN" at maintaining or increasing his rank/pp. that's the problem, he is thinking those numbers to sleep and wake up urging him to play again.
XK2238
in response to OP:
cease on caring about pp at all, try to aim for anti-mainstream scores (which look better in top 8s, but that's just my opinion, and I think it'd be harder in Standard) for fun and enjoy yourself instead

I used to be like you, but then I did the above thing and got a lot more fun compared to my past of obsession over pp. I'm in a different game mode from you, but who knows, it might help. :b