forum

[invalid] Forced fullscreen makes the game horribly laggy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pelaaja_X
Problem Details:

For some reason, the resolution is locked to fullscreen: the option is showing as grey, so it's not possible to be changed.

This is extremely annoying since fullscreen makes osu! REALLY laggy and prevents from changing programs with the windows key.

I use borderless 1920x1080 and it works fine when it's not in real fullscreen. However, osu! always forces it to the fullscreen state.

Please note:

I have carefully checked all of following posts with similar issues but none of them helped.

p/623561
t/102239
t/153350/start=0
p/2943359

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj6 ... 1400839379

osu! version: 20140522.10 (latest)

My thanks to anyone who can help even a little!
KinkiN
sorry i can't check all the threads you have read :( (bad connection)

your fps setting is unlimited or not? if it's unlimited, try limiting it to 120 FPS
Topic Starter
Pelaaja_X

Yuzuru wrote:

your fps setting is unlimited or not? if it's unlimited, try limiting it to 120 FPS
Already limited in 60 fps (vsync), in fact.
KinkiN
your GPU. is it NVIDIA?
Topic Starter
Pelaaja_X

Yuzuru wrote:

your GPU. is it NVIDIA?
Actually not. Probably it's not even related to the GPU, since it worked totally fine before the fullscreen got locked (due to an update?)
KinkiN
I'm using the latest build but seems fine to me, it didn't force me to run on the fullscreen mode. maybe cuz i was using win7
sheela
It might not be the case, but are you using OpenGL?
Topic Starter
Pelaaja_X

sheela901 wrote:

It might not be the case, but are you using OpenGL?
Wow. I didn't noticed I had, at some point, accidentally changed to OpenGL (I normally run DirectX) and when I changed it back, it immediately solved all the problems. :D

Thank you so much!! :)