forum

[Guideline]Mapset creator information must be provided

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
popner
The information of mapset creator must be provided in creator's words, if there is any guest mapper. This might be in the creator's words, via a storyboard or via naming the guest difficulties appropriately. You only need to provide information of guest mapper and corresponding guest part. This helps others to know if the map uploader is the main contributor.
Stefan
Well.... Since it's not obvious for some people we need this.
Ephemeral
I'd rather this be a rule.
those
Something I mentioned to some others already:

as a guideline, does this mean with a good enough reason I don't need to say anything in my creator's words?
and with its current wording, it is suggesting that the map uploader doesn't need to be the main contributor, which is laughable
dkun
We've functioned completely fine without this before. There's other elements of play that can easily distinguish this (a storyboard, for instance).
OnosakiHito
Must? Well, then let's tell people that they must breathe air.

dkun wrote:

We've functioned completely fine without this before. There's other elements of play that can easily distinguish this (a storyboard, for instance).
Yuzeyun

dkun wrote:

Or most of the time, the diffs themselves could tell. Most of GD include the mapper's name, explicitly or implicitly. (XZoda is implicit, Makar's Easy is explicit)
This would be needed in case of diffs like [Collab]. Again, what dkun said. Otherwise most people do write in CW the parts mapped. There are very few mapsets where there's no mention at all of people who mapped a certain GD. (To my eyes, which may be wrong. Please correct me if I underestimate the amount of these.)

Forcing this when stuff is explicit is going hell redundant. It should be enforced only when it's unclear.
Topic Starter
popner
This is proposed to be in guideline because the "main contributor" is in guideline.
DakeDekaane
tbh I don't see why should this be a guideline, as it's more like politeness from uploader's side, but I agree this is something we should encourage to do, specially on Collabs and sets where don't feature Guest's names in the difficulties.
TheVileOne
It should be common sense that the mapper include which map is a guest map. Who doesn't do this?
WingSilent
Not needed, we can know the mapper name by it's guest difficulty name.
kanpakyin

Lumina wrote:

Not needed, we can know the mapper name by it's guest difficulty name.
How? If the diff is a collab and the creator uses 'collab' as diff name? Also, not all the guest mapper/creator want to put the guest mapper name on the difficulty's name.
Loctav
It might worked before without a rule, but we got enough of edgy cases already that gave us a pain in the ass to figure out who mapped what.
Anyways, I wouldn't solely force it in the information, I'd word it more universal, as in:

The information of multiple mapset contributors must be provided in the mapset, if there is any guest mapper. This might be in the creator's words, via a storyboard or via naming the guest difficulties appropriately. You only need to provide information of guest mapper and corresponding guest part. This helps others to know if the map uploader is the main contributor of the mapset.
Zare
Maybe this is more of a feature request, but why don't we just distinguish between map creator and mapset host in the metadata of a difficulty?
then, along with the much-requested "live collaborative mapping", implement an additional option for collab maps which links to a list of the contributors and the respective parts
should solve all problems
Loctav
There is an old feature request by me that wants exactly that.
Topic Starter
popner
This just makes a common sense into a guideline. It is mainly something concerning modders: it makes modders easier to check the main contributor of a mapset.

Loctav wrote:

This might be in the creator's words, via a storyboard or via naming the guest difficulties appropriately.
This should work.

Of course, this will be abolished as soon as we have the diff creator function.

I'm marking this with bubble now. Feel free to add more if you have any suggestion on wording or content of this guideline. It will be approved in a week.
those

those wrote:

Something I mentioned to some others already:

as a guideline, does this mean with a good enough reason I don't need to say anything in my creator's words?
and with its current wording, it is suggesting that the map uploader doesn't need to be the main contributor, which is laughable
The way guidelines are structured is that they are rules, but they can be exempted from if there is a good enough reason that it should be an exception. If there isn't any case where there should be any exception (hint: there isn't), then this does not exist as a guideline, but a rule. If it doesn't make sense as a rule, this discussion should have never existed in the first place.

Did it take a deeper level of inference to understand that from my earlier post?
Ephemeral

Ephemeral wrote:

Loctav

Ephemeral wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

Oh yes, as rule for sure, not guideline. lol
Atrue

Ephemeral wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

Sonnyc
Just want to make sure. Does this rule (or guideline) includes the mandatory provision of the mapper also in tags?
Natsu

Sonnyc wrote:

Just want to make sure. Does this rule (or guideline) includes the mandatory provision of the mapper also in tags?
well, adding a ¨Guest mapper¨ in tags should be mandatory, since he/she is contributing a lot with your mapset, not adding his name in tags is disrespectful, IMO.
Loctav
The information of multiple mapset contributors must be provided in the mapset, if there is any guest mapper. This might be in the creator's words, via a storyboard or via naming the guest difficulties appropriately. You only need to provide information of guest mapper and corresponding guest part. Guest mappers must be added to the tags of a mapset. This helps others to know if the map uploader is the main contributor of the mapset and who else contributed to the given mapset.

This is a RULE, not a guideline. Amended.