1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
show more
posted

sanguisinvia wrote:

no other person or comparison matters.
Of course it does. The whole point of the ranking system is to reduce all the various aspects of gameplay to some quantifiable measure of value and compare players based on how much of this arbitrary value they've accrued. If you care about the ranking system at all, you care about how you compare to other players, plain and simple.

The point I think you were trying to make, which I agree with, is that comparing yourself to others in one isolated way, such as stream speed, is pointless.
posted

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

180 is my limit for deathstreams, and even then I can only last 20 notes or so on a good day. I can burst well into the 200s though.
But 20 notes isn't even a deathstream...
posted
deleted
posted

Bauxe wrote:

But 20 notes isn't even a deathstream...
Maybe I just can't count up to 20.
posted

Evolvation wrote:

What do you guys think the average consistent streaming speed for my rank (9.6k) is? I'm able to consistently stream 170 BPM and maybe 175 BPM but I can burst streaming about 200. Although my streaming is not that good, I have very good jumps and hit accuracy, which is mainly why I can achieve a decent rank. So what do you guys think? I personally think I'm below the average streaming speed at my rank but I'm not quite too sure. Opinions would be appreciated.
Well, I'm going to brag now, but i can stream 270 bpm over 20 notes, and 190 bpm over 300 notes, and im rank 17k
The points is, you dont really need the ability to stream 250 bpm for 2 minutes. I know a bunch of mouse only, or just other players around, and above ur rank who can't stream that well. There are so many maps in osu, and you shouldn't worry about 1 technique. Just practice casually and it will be okay, another tip is to not lift your fingers from the keyboard ;)
posted

djjsixpack wrote:

I know players below rank 5k who can SS 225 bpm deathstreams for like 300 notes and players like me who can barely do 170 bpm over 100 notes, so there's not really any magic number. Don't worry about it.
If people could SS 225bpm deathstreams they should be able to easily fc dt midnight siege + unlimitation and a bunch of other stream maps, they really don't belong at rank 5k. Unless their skills are extremely unbalanced, like who can SS a 225 deathstream but can't aim midnight siege lol. Provided they aren't SS'ing an od1 deathstream or something stupid like that...

But yeah, don't worry about what you should be able to do. Just play.
posted

djjsixpack wrote:

I know players below rank 5k who can SS 225 bpm deathstreams for like 300 notes and players like me who can barely do 170 bpm over 100 notes, so there's not really any magic number. Don't worry about it.
Please show me who this is. I want to spectate them.

Edit: What Rewben said. If this guy can deathstream SS 225 they definitely don't belong in 5k+.
posted
^me 2.
posted
this is kind of shocking to learn how many people so high above my rank have to mash on such low bpms...
i can SS the big ass stream in ridorii and thats 170 bpm right? i mean im literally toilet rank...
posted

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

this is kind of shocking to learn how many people so high above my rank have to mash on such low bpms...
i can SS the big ass stream in ridorii and thats 170 bpm right? i mean im literally toilet rank...
Different people get their ranks from playing different types of maps. You can stream, I can't stream anything.

Op, don't worry about anybody else's ability to stream, and anybody else's ranks on streaming maps. Comparing ranks between players is pointless because different people have different strengths.
posted

Rewben2 wrote:

djjsixpack wrote:

I know players below rank 5k who can SS 225 bpm deathstreams for like 300 notes and players like me who can barely do 170 bpm over 100 notes, so there's not really any magic number. Don't worry about it.
If people could SS 225bpm deathstreams they should be able to easily fc dt midnight siege + unlimitation and a bunch of other stream maps, they really don't belong at rank 5k. Unless their skills are extremely unbalanced, like who can SS a 225 deathstream but can't aim midnight siege lol. Provided they aren't SS'ing an od1 deathstream or something stupid like that...

But yeah, don't worry about what you should be able to do. Just play.
Maybe SS was a bit much, but complete with 95+% accuracy? Still god status in comparison to what I can do. Many low-ranking people I meet in multiplayer seem to be able to stream ridiculous BPMs. One rank 7k rank player I played with a few days ago got a 300 combo on the end stream of this map with doubletime. He failed all map except the streams though.

nooblet wrote:

djjsixpack wrote:

I know players below rank 5k who can SS 225 bpm deathstreams for like 300 notes and players like me who can barely do 170 bpm over 100 notes, so there's not really any magic number. Don't worry about it.
Please show me who this is. I want to spectate them.

Edit: What Rewben said. If this guy can deathstream SS 225 they definitely don't belong in 5k+.
I wasn't speaking of anyone in particular, just random people I meet in multiplayer. I do know of a rank 5.7k player with 5x 100s on Rog Unlimitation (he also FC'd the 222.22bpm Freedom Dive stream practice map with 95%, and passed the 192 BPM Shinsekai on doubletime). And a rank 3.5k player who has FC on midnight siege DT and Rog Unlimitation though, and also a 3000 combo on the deathstream compilation, missing a note on the map after ascension to heaven.
posted

djjsixpack wrote:

I wasn't speaking of anyone in particular, just random people I meet in multiplayer. I do know of a rank 5.7k player with 5x 100s on Rog Unlimitation (he also FC'd the 222.22bpm Freedom Dive stream practice map with 95%, and passed the 192 BPM Shinsekai on doubletime). And a rank 3.5k player who has FC on midnight siege DT and Rog Unlimitation though.
They both have only like 20 note streams, lol.
posted

buny wrote:

djjsixpack wrote:

I wasn't speaking of anyone in particular, just random people I meet in multiplayer. I do know of a rank 5.7k player with 5x 100s on Rog Unlimitation (he also FC'd the 222.22bpm Freedom Dive stream practice map with 95%, and passed the 192 BPM Shinsekai on doubletime). And a rank 3.5k player who has FC on midnight siege DT and Rog Unlimitation though.
They both have only like 20 note streams, lol.
You high? Unlimitation has like 55~ note streams and midnight siege has 30~ note streams with short breaks inbetween.

It's like a 20 note stream, give or take triple.
posted

buny wrote:

djjsixpack wrote:

I wasn't speaking of anyone in particular, just random people I meet in multiplayer. I do know of a rank 5.7k player with 5x 100s on Rog Unlimitation (he also FC'd the 222.22bpm Freedom Dive stream practice map with 95%, and passed the 192 BPM Shinsekai on doubletime). And a rank 3.5k player who has FC on midnight siege DT and Rog Unlimitation though.
They both have only like 20 note streams, lol.
More like 50, still would consider them deathstreams. Point being, there are lower rank people out there that can do it, and I have seen them do 100+ notes of it as well. Those just happen to be the only maps that I can show any shred of proof with, since most other maps which have streams that long tend to be difficult in all areas and are not likely to be FC'd by low ranking people.
posted

Rewben2 wrote:

You high? Unlimitation has like 55~ note streams and midnight siege has 30~ note streams with short breaks inbetween.

It's like a 20 note stream, give or take triple.
Point being, still not a deathstream and definitely not "like 300 notes"
posted

buny wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

You high? Unlimitation has like 55~ note streams and midnight siege has 30~ note streams with short breaks inbetween.

It's like a 20 note stream, give or take triple.
Point being, still not a deathstream and definitely not "like 300 notes"
I guess so.

How many notes does a stream have to be before it's considered a deathstream anyways?
posted

buny wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

You high? Unlimitation has like 55~ note streams and midnight siege has 30~ note streams with short breaks inbetween.

It's like a 20 note stream, give or take triple.
Point being, still not a deathstream and definitely not "like 300 notes"
Then we have different definitions on how many notes it takes to be called a "deathstream".

After some more digging, the rank 5.7k player also has a pass on Four Dimensions. http://puu.sh/8YVrT.jpg. Pretty sure there's some long streams in that one.
posted

djjsixpack wrote:

Then we have different definitions on how many notes it takes to be called a "deathstream".

After some more digging, the rank 5.7k player also has a pass on Four Dimensions. http://puu.sh/8YVrT.jpg. Pretty sure there's some long streams in that one.
I'm not sure how much you can call that being able to stream though. I could probably spam through 4D and get over 80% accuracy.
posted

EcksDee wrote:

djjsixpack wrote:

Then we have different definitions on how many notes it takes to be called a "deathstream".

After some more digging, the rank 5.7k player also has a pass on Four Dimensions. http://puu.sh/8YVrT.jpg. Pretty sure there's some long streams in that one.
I'm not sure how much you can call that being able to stream though. I could probably spam through 4D and get over 80% accuracy.
Yeah I get where you're coming from here. Though, I'd bet a huge portion of the bad acc comes from not aiming good enough. I'm just sort of baffled why he's even arguing about this in the first place, despite the PP proof from the maps. After all, a good portion of the topic were higher ranking people talking about only being able to burst for 20 notes at 200 bpm, and deathstream much lower bpms.

At least I think I've supplied sufficient proof of lower ranking people being able to stream fast. And apart from the rest of my first big post about the milestones and scores each of them set which don't have visual proof that he conveniently left out of his post quoting mine, I don't know what else to say, so I'm getting out of this discussion. It seems to be going nowhere anyways.
posted

djjsixpack wrote:

At least I think I've supplied sufficient proof of lower ranking people being able to stream fast. And apart from the rest of my first big post about the milestones and scores each of them set which don't have visual proof that he conveniently left out of his post quoting mine, I don't know what else to say, so I'm getting out of this discussion. It seems to be going nowhere anyways.
Yeah there's plenty of people that naturally stream damn well. I can name 2 guys in Estonia alone that stream like 210 near-indefinitely. Both of them >10k rank. I can barely do 200 for like 10-20 notes.

But I'm just saying that an example of passing FD at 80% accuracy isnt really a good example to give. I passed image material at 87% accuracy and I'm probably the worst streamer in my country.
show more
Please sign in to reply.