show more
Kyuuten

Kirin wrote:

Amamiya Yuko wrote:

noooooooooooo, that awesome diff name ;_;
Lance

Stefan wrote:

Lance wrote:

Worst unrank 2014. And that's saying something.
Yes, because it was "ranked". I am happy it wasn't.
Unqualify. Sorry my osu! diction isn't up to your level of quality.

People lost scores on the off chance someone might be offended by something they shouldn't be offended by in the first place. I find that ridiculous. Just sayin' :^)
Yauxo
Congratz on the re-qualify :3

Sorry for ranting in here, but I dont think that a "cancer" diffname should find it's way to ranked, no matter how.

Lance wrote:

People lost scores on the off chance someone might be offended by something they shouldn't be offended by in the first place. I find that ridiculous. Just sayin' :^)
Qualifying a diffname like this is ridiculous in the first place. Wouldnt have happened if there was a normal name in the first place.
FlobuFlobs

Lance wrote:

Worst unrank 2014. And that's saying something.
Yes, because it was "ranked". I am happy it wasn't.

What is the qualified category you ask? It is the future of the modding system!

People have nominated these maps as being ready for ranking.
You can instantly get ranks on these maps.
They are in "qualified" status for one week.
During this week, there is a high chance they will return to pending if an issue is found.
If they return to pending, scores will be wiped.

This category is recommended for people who:

Want to play cutting-edge maps.
Want to help keep map quality top-notch!
Don't mind having scores removed occasionally
Then don't pick qualified maps, just sayin'
Lance
I'm not complaining about the unqualification itself, but the reason for unqualification. The reason led to scores being wiped despite no gameplay changes being made. How do you not see that?
Akiyama Mizuki

Lach wrote:

It's so bad that it's actually more offensive than the word cancer is.
I agree with this.
SPOILER
MawareXtra means 'Let it roll + Extra.'
This new diff name is enforcing you to roll hardcore as fuck so it can cause headache.
Do you think these sentences are nonsense?
Well, not everyone played this map got cancer because of this map. So this unrank is completely nonsense.
PatZar
cancer dance !
RLC
You know what's worse than cancer? Death. I mean, you may or may not die from cancer, but people die when they are killed... yet, [Death] seems to be a perfectly acceptable difficulty name. I didn't see anyone fling shit when maps got ranked with that as a difficulty name, at least.

Do you know why? Because it's a fucking difficulty name. It's a terribly abstract and unintuitive concept, but the surprising truth is, a difficulty name isn't going to kill you, or give you cancer, or hurt you in any other way for that matter. It is a terrible thing--this trend of people playing the "defenders of justice," making a scene out of fighting phantom enemies for a nebulous moral cause.

If you don't take offense to the difficulty name [Insane], which, by the reasoning I've witnessed in this thread, would be interpreted as a hideous mockery of the mentally ill, I don't see why you should take offense to cancer. After all, they both serve the same purpose: terms for medical phenomena whose meanings illuminate the design of a map at a glance.
Nemis

RLC wrote:

You know what's worse than cancer? Death. I mean, you may or may not die from cancer, but people die when they are killed... yet, [Death] seems to be a perfectly acceptable difficulty name. I didn't see anyone fling shit when maps got ranked with that as a difficulty name, at least.

Do you know why? Because it's a fucking difficulty name. It's a terribly abstract and unintuitive concept, but the surprising truth is, a difficulty name isn't going to kill you, or give you cancer, or hurt you in any other way for that matter. It is a terrible thing--this trend of people playing the "defenders of justice," making a scene out of fighting phantom enemies for a nebulous moral cause.

If you don't take offense to the difficulty name [Insane], which, by the reasoning I've witnessed in this thread, would be interpreted as a hideous mockery of the mentally ill, I don't see why you should take offense to cancer. After all, they both serve the same purpose: terms for medical phenomena whose meanings illuminate the design of a map at a glance.
Nwolf
lol people discussing about this now
Frobe
where is awesome diff name :<
neonat
And suddenly you bring death into this topic. Wow. Death is used in ascension to heaven isn't it? To go to heaven you have to go through the step of death first yeah? Difficulty name even though custom, is related to the song. How is cancer related to Maware remix? Does cancer even show a level of difficulty in the first place, like Lunatic, or Insane or even Madness.
Stefan

RLC wrote:

Death is a awful Difficulty name, Cancer is a awful Difficulty name. I have no idea how Death or Cancer represents the difficulty level of anything.

bbj0920 wrote:

Lach wrote:

It's so bad that it's actually more offensive than the word cancer is.
I agree with this.
SPOILER
MawareXtra means 'Let it roll + Extra.'
This new diff name is enforcing you to roll hardcore as fuck so it can cause headache.
Do you think these sentences are nonsense?
Well, not everyone played this map got cancer because of this map. So this unrank is completely nonsense.
And before you have no good idea for a Difficulty name you don't use them and use the default names. That's it.
FlobuFlobs
^Everything is awful, stop using diffnames <3
RLC
Just to clarify, my argument wasn't that he should have / shouldn't have kept the original difficulty name; it was that there really wasn't any reason for people to be so severely offended.
Topic Starter
jonathanlfj
Seems like my thread is getting more cancerous than the map itself...
You guys might want to like, chill out a bit?
Kinshara
Seriously guys, it's really NOT a big deal. Why are you guys making it into such a big deal, like politics or religion?

There are more grave issues out there in the real world than exploding a diff name into something more than it actually is.

Plus, your arguments would have been a bit more understandable if he had not changed the name, but now it has been changed. So, everyone chill, and enjoy the map because it truly is something great. This map shouldn't be disgraced by having such an inconsequential argument in the thread.
Nyquill
I wish I could lock threads still
Garven
Disqualified for the soft-hitnormal being too quiet. It's essentially inaudible - even during the quiet parts of the song. Choose something that you can hear please.
Gear
gg no re
Phonesavanh
rip
Lach
Hahahahahahahahahaha
xxdeathx
wow
Maruyu
what
Topic Starter
jonathanlfj
Out of all the unqualify reasons i have predicted for this map, inaudible hitsounds is actually the lest expected one. Maybe my headphones have been fooling me all this time...
where is my drama
Bumped the soft hitnormal volume by 50%, i can clearly distinguish it from the music with 80% music and 50% hitsound volume now.
smallboat
Rechecked and everything looks fine on this diff are okay imo,made sure every hitsound is audible.

#1 Bubbled !
Love
KSHR
Approved

Take my approval virginity
Shohei Ohtani
sir do you know how fast you were ranking back there
Topic Starter
jonathanlfj
Thanks everyone <333

CDFA wrote:

faster than Happy ;)
MMzz
Redname combo post.
Shohei Ohtani

jonathanlfj wrote:

CDFA wrote:

faster than Happy ;)
im going 2 punch u in the face
Soarezi
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
seeing the thread is unlocked can we bring back the cancer topic:::::::(-:
LunarSakuya

jonathanlfj wrote:

Thanks everyone <333
I need to make a new page
KSHR

jonathanlfj wrote:

Thanks everyone <333

CDFA wrote:

faster than Happy ;)
Copyright didn't work at all again..
Topic Starter
jonathanlfj
LunarSakuya DMCA copyright claim on personal BL material
sounds legit to me

Garven wrote:

Disqualified for the soft-hitnormal being too quiet. It's essentially inaudible - even during the quiet parts of the song. Choose something that you can hear please.
omg
this is gold
Len
reset scores oh yes
Kaguya Hourain
Priceless.
show more