forum

How do I keep my mouse stable?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GaoMatsu
Just started playing Osu a couple weeks ago. I can just barely do insane difficulty stuff but the main thing that always gets me is that my mouse always ends up in a position that makes it hard for me to move. Like if a song has more emphasis on notes being in the lower part of the screen then eventually I wont be able to move my mouse lower or it will fall off my desk. likewise, if there is more emphasis on notes on the higher part of the screen it eventually gets to a point where my wrist can not stretch that far. I end up missing like three notes which apparently is all you need to fail a song from full.

Is it a sensitivity issue? Ive read a couple topics about sensitivity, and it just seems like you should use what you are comfortable with. Do I need a tablet? Again, ive read a couple topics and a tablet isnt necessary from what it seems. I have no idea how people keep their mouse from getting out of their comfortable range.
Blueprint
You know I would love to give you advice on this but it happens to me I just deal with it, I wouldn't recommend changing your dpi but you could make it a lil higher so this issue should go away?

Some maps make me turn my mouse 90deg anti clockwise I just quit
Ethelon
Make sure the cursor is in the middle of the screen while your mouse is physically in the middle of the area you want to play in, and that your hand position is the same.
B1rd
I don't think changing your dpi so it's higher would help.
CPTW

Ethelon wrote:

Make sure the cursor is in the middle of the screen while your mouse is physically in the middle of the area you want to play in, and that your hand position is the same.
^This plus bad habits of being used to moving your hand out of comfortable range just to reach that circle on the edge. Which is a hard habit to break as you just get annoyed when you can't reach it but when you do by moving your mouse off centre, you then find you aim is off on following circles and the annoyance builds.

Blueprint wrote:

You know I would love to give you advice on this but it happens to me I just deal with it
Varetyr

GaoMatsu wrote:

I have no idea how people keep their mouse from getting out of their comfortable range.
imo you just have to learn when you can readjust your mouse, and when you can't. Like, at the end of a spinner, during a stack, during a short break etc.
Yuukee
Actually all mouse player has this problem as far as i know including me xD
U jus have to re adjust ur mouse back to psotion asap when u can...i somtime miss fc coz of this problem so retry retry retry...: D