Long animes or short?

posted
Total Posts
142
show more
Raiken-
long ones.

because i like to spend the precious times of mine for this.
-chocoLATE-
The only 'long' anime I watch was FMA and Hajime no Ippo.

Apart from that I prefer 12 - 24 episode anime.
Maryia
For me "long anime" are like Naruto Bleach etc...

Then I would say I love anime with several seasons (favorite one : To aru kagaku no Railgun") and I'm very sad because most of the time they're taken from LN's and producers always stop the anime series >:
Arief Santosa
long, like a bleach, one piece, fairy tail. it very spend much time. i like it
Shinobi
I enjoyed long ones like Naruto and Fairy Tail. Other than that I do like 24episoders :^)
Mark Wolff
Having a successful long anime is very hard to achieve, most of which are hit or miss. Long animes usually tend to be either amazing or terrible. Personally I don't really like 12 episode seasons. They are easier to make and a lot cheaper too plus if its popular enough they can just make more seasons creating more of a hype factor for the next season and increase sales. However most of those seem to be rushed or squished into the short 12 weeks that they have, so generally speaking I don't really like those. I personally like 24 episode seasons which seem more spaced out and can see the story and characters develop at a steady pace.
Green Platinum

boto lava wrote:

Having a successful long anime is very hard to achieve, most of which are hit or miss. Long animes usually tend to be either amazing or terrible. Personally I don't really like 12 episode seasons. They are easier to make and a lot cheaper too plus if its popular enough they can just make more seasons creating more of a hype factor for the next season and increase sales. However most of those seem to be rushed or squished into the short 12 weeks that they have, so generally speaking I don't really like those. I personally like 24 episode seasons which seem more spaced out and can see the story and characters develop at a steady pace.
I disagree, a terrible long anime will generally be cut before it gets long and long animes often lack the foresight to have symbolism and foreshadowing. So they end up good or very good.
186cm
I tend to stop watching half way through long animes and picking it up again several weeks later.
Short animes all the way.
efdu
Usually 12. Sometimes up to 60 if good.
A Medic
I'm fine with anything <50 episodes per season.
Mark Wolff

Green Platinum wrote:

boto lava wrote:

Having a successful long anime is very hard to achieve, most of which are hit or miss. Long animes usually tend to be either amazing or terrible. Personally I don't really like 12 episode seasons. They are easier to make and a lot cheaper too plus if its popular enough they can just make more seasons creating more of a hype factor for the next season and increase sales. However most of those seem to be rushed or squished into the short 12 weeks that they have, so generally speaking I don't really like those. I personally like 24 episode seasons which seem more spaced out and can see the story and characters develop at a steady pace.
I disagree, a terrible long anime will generally be cut before it gets long and long animes often lack the foresight to have symbolism and foreshadowing. So they end up good or very good.
Doesn't matter if the anime is good or not its whether or not the anime is popular or not, so how you view the anime is all how the viewer looks at it I'm not gonna judge on that. There are qute a few out there that are very popular but are not essentially "good" anime
Green Platinum
I doubt you've seen a terrible anime. They definitely don't have the capacity to be popular. I'm advocating they are only ever better than average.

Inb4 you suggest Naruto as an example of a terrible long anime.
A Medic

Green Platinum wrote:

I doubt you've seen a terrible anime. They definitely don't have the capacity to be popular. I'm advocating they are only ever better than average.

Inb4 you suggest Naruto as an example of a terrible long anime.
Would Detective Conan count because imo I don't think it's good and that shit has been running for a long time.
EneT
I'm not gay; I like my cats nice and tight.
Green Platinum

A Medic wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

I doubt you've seen a terrible anime. They definitely don't have the capacity to be popular. I'm advocating they are only ever better than average.

Inb4 you suggest Naruto as an example of a terrible long anime.
Would Detective Conan count because imo I don't think it's good and that shit has been running for a long time.
I've only seen like the first 12 episodes of Conan. I wouldn't say it is good or terrible, just mediocre. Did it get significantly worse over time? I personally wasn't including children's television in my perspective.
AznRice
12 per season is good enough, some 24 episode anime are good. Anything over 24 will get boring.
Green Platinum

AznRice wrote:

12 per season is good enough, some 24 episode anime are good. Anything over 24 will get boring.
But having a season 2 exempts a series from this rule Kappa
Arief Santosa
short, 13 - 25
Kyozoru
Im good with 25+ episodes cuz it signs that the anime is good
xXxSkippyxXx
12-24 is about right. If it's a really good anime then i would happily watch more then 24.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply