forum

Long animes or short?

posted
Total Posts
show more
yxn
I prefer ~24 episodes but if it's a top tier anime then I don't mind up to ~72 episodes.
Granger
I prefer 1-2 seasons for my animu, thats about 12-24 espiodes, not counting OVA.

The really long ones like One Piece progress way too slow, i watched One Piece for a while just to see when they're finally gonna escape that one simple port, took like 8 espiodes where you could have easily put it into 2 espiodes. Also their animations and art style are really sub par and with a lot of recycled animations. But hey, thats massproduction for you.
I dont get how people can enjoy these, if it were your averange anime it would get horrible ratings because this...
Sethlied
I personally prefer 52 episodes like Kaiji but if it's complete shit and doesn't have a plot, 13 episodes.
EasyMillions
Short and if it gets good reception, a second season.
Drowned Crow
24 Episode´s are fine for me,but i wont cry about any OVA´s =3
tanteiRE
I guess either really long or pretty short..
I'm up to date with One Piece, and I've watched 700+ episodes of Detective Conan before switching to the manga.
I have yet to watch a 12 episode long anime that I did not like-all are totally amazing. (Kyoukai no Kanata, Another, NGNL, Henneko, et cetera..)
The rest of the good stuff I know are manga. Once again, either really long or really short.. With the exception of Ansatsu Kyoushitsu.. And a few more..
Doodle99
i prefer 12-24
Ichi
Almost 90% of the cases the animes with 12 episodes aren´t enough and leave me wanting more. I like 25-26 lenght animes but i also really enjoy long ones that are good (fillers aside) they tend to have more time to develop characters, storyline and such and it makes you alot more attached to them to the point where i enjoy them more.
[_TetsuyaKuro_]
depends whether the anime is good or not....
Ceph23

[_TetsuyaKuro_] wrote:

depends whether the anime is good or not....
Pretty much this.
Noonit
Uhm.. I don't really mind, as long as I like the anime ^^
Yuuribo
I prefer series' with below 20 episodes.
But I also watch some that has over a hundred episodes. As long as I don't find the story getting sloppier by the minute.
Jazz
doesn't really matter as long as you don't get bored watching it
and as long as it doesn't have A LOT of filler episodes *cough* Kill la Kill *cough*
AoUsagi5

Morancha wrote:

Uhm.. I don't really mind, as long as I like the anime ^^
same
Rilke
Short ones all the way.
Spiller_old
I find the ones that I like the most usually have 12-13 episodes total, though sometimes 24-26 episodes works as well. I would rather have one solid story with a proper ending, and the longer it is, the more likely it ends up having more or less pointless arcs in the middle. They can still be enjoyable, but that is not enough for me to call them good.
Akari-
long are fine if it's shonen type anime done right, i.e. make the pacing not so dreadfully slow that something relevant actually happens every episode and ease up on the fillers

otherwise i prefer short, 10-15

20-50 is always that range where it doesn't have that shonen formula which keeps you coming back for the next episode so unless it's very damn good i'll be uninterested after a short season's worth of watching
Myxo
Hmm, I definitely prefer short animes over long ones.
10 - 30 episodes is the best in my opinion :3
Since most of the animes I watch are mystery / horror or things like that, they fall in that category almost everytime, so yea.
I wouldn't mind watching something longer though o: If I have the time and it's really interesting....

I hate endless animes though... I think you can only watch these if you started watching it from the beginning when it came out, but when I'd think of watching 500 episodes of something that all lies before me I would get crazy :D

Also, pupa (12 x 5 minutes? or something like that) was too short.
Gumpy
If it is good i dont mind how long it is.
Lanturn
Long. If I get into something, I literally want it to last forever. People might say, well then you'll just get a bunch of crap filler and a never ending story... but that's exactly what I want. I might be one of the few people who just enjoy watching stuff just to relax. Besides, I get to see more of my favorite characters this way. And yes, I don't get tired of formulas being reused over and over. :3

When a show ends, I'm really all like.. well that's it? Well that sucks.

Really though, I don't mind anime taking their time to finish. Like Pokémon for example. I know for a fact that I have something to watch every week and look forward to, foreverrrrrr.
Shipreck
I don't mind the length at all, it can be from 11-653, but as long as the story is good and there isn't any retarded filler (A certain scientific railgun, episode 14-20) then I will probably watch the show. But most of the shows I watch are 12 episodes and have 0 filler episodes in them.
VoidnOwO
length isn't an issue
[-Tsubomi-]
i like animes that around around 12-13 eps but i dont mind a 23-26 once in awhile , i've watched a few that were around 50 (the ones that i can remember are Soul Eater and Magi: the Labyrinth of Magic)
sesh
Mononeko_old
i prefer short ones, around 10-25 episodes :)
Coeurbee

kagaminelenz wrote:

same by me :3
12-26 episode per season. 50 is okay, but must have an unusual and good plot with good design and splitted for several season
50+ in one season. Meh. Hate them, because I'm the marathon type watcher
Same here, but I'm too obstinate to quit watching an anime :oops: That's why I choose them carefully ;p
12-25 episodes are the best, since they can be watched in one day^^ (and also the story goes on quite fast, which makes it difficult to get bored)
However, 50 episodes animes can be really great as well (code geass fan!)
(for longer animes, well, the longest I've watched is Inuyasha. The 193 episodes were worth watching but that was just too long...)
MoeMoeOrRiot
I love long animes if they are good, but would still prefer 22-26 episodes.
KazmiSain
Both
robflop
I like the length of ~25 Episodes, but if i really really like a series i'd like to watch more than that.
Kyno
i prefer short animes that are maybe 8-15 episodes long and sometimes long animes 20-30 if its REALLY interesting.
then again if the episodes are like 1 hour long
nope
Starfall9908
I usually watch short animes but I'm watching some long too (and still ongoing) But I like to watch animes around 30-50 episodes long because I get bored pretty fast and watch too much anime.
Fluxi
When I first started watching anime I enjoyed watching long anime (like 300+) but as time passed i started watching more short anime ranging from 11-50.

But overall, I don't particularly mind about the length, enjoying it is all that matters
joi-
Meh, well, usually 12 eps per season tends to be more enjoyable as the season is over quicker -> watch another and come back to watch the second season to get some more variety.

It's true that when you have 24 episodes, the story is usually better.
darkight289
Usually watch 12-24 episode shows it usually gets to the point with out ruining the pacing or draging it out much longer than needed
SobekGaming_old
Short is better (like 30 parts). Cause u can meat new story and new characters :3 Just in my opinion :d
Hidden Symphony
Depends.
Some animes need more than 12 or 24 eps for their story to bloom fully.
Like Monster.
Nichijou and stuff doesn't care about story so any amount can be fine.
Other animes would just start dragging out the story and developments unnecessarily, get fillers or simply loose in quality cause they want more, more, more eps.
Like most endless series.
But it also depends on the guys who make the anime.

Sometimes I feel like watching a short series cause I don't have the time/motivation for longer ones, same with manga/manwha.
And at other times I just don't care. :p
AnatOWJIya
Once i saw 52 eps anime (The 1st season of Hayate no Gotoku) and got that short (12-25 eps) anime is better
-Mizu
long animes are sooooo boring
caowebunga
Definitely shorter animes, unless you have THAT MUCH free time
Netama
i like download for short anime and streaming long anime coz i didnt have hardisk :cry:
show more