community forum

CTB触手>< (lol a new colour come~

posted
Total Posts
4,464
show more
ursa

Deif wrote:

Anyway, the creation of a CTB sub-forum will solve this problem. There, we can create topics to CTB records, CTB cheaters, CTB maps, and a long etcetera.

Oh, I thought people could talk about anything in a General Thread.
agree : :)
Awake-Chan

Deif wrote:

Anyway, the creation of a CTB sub-forum will solve this problem. There, we can create topics to CTB records, CTB cheaters, CTB maps, and a long etcetera.

Oh, I thought people could talk about anything in a General Thread.
I think that would change the spam into the board o3o
DontTalkwithMir

Deif wrote:

Anyway, the creation of a CTB sub-forum will solve this problem. There, we can create topics to CTB records, CTB cheaters, CTB maps, and a long etcetera.

Oh, I thought people could talk about anything in a General Thread.
That would be a nice Idea.

abalee wrote:

Feel free to click the report link if you are sure that's cheating, or use !report ingame.
Obviously we do that. Read some posts here and you'll see that. :_/
We already discussed that it looks like these programs/tools w/e are hard to detect (or impossible yet?)
Some of us wanted to help peppy with some reports or just checking scores but it turned out into a long long long waiting for a real reply. (I know he's busy and all, but just a "okay" or something isn't hard to write. D: )

So..why are ppl not banned for cheating for over a whole year+saying "hey I'm cheating trolololz"? This can't be real can it?
We don't want anything bad, just some justice and ofc we want to help but this is like talking against a wall or something like that. (Maybe it's just my impression..)

You see, we enjoy (mostly) this game/mode and we still want that in the future.
I hope you guys can understand what I want to say. D:

(Sorry for my bad english, it isn't my native language.)
KRZY
Deleted useless posts. Any more of this and this thread WILL get locked, you have my word on this.

My view on discussing cheaters is this. As I have said before, it is okay to discuss cheats in general. It is not, however, okay to accuse a certain user of cheating, no matter how obvious and blatant it is. We may be the mainstream CTB players, but we are not Gods. We can never know for 100% if a user is cheating (yes, and I mean never.)

In this game, there are certain procedures that must be taken for a user to be banned for foul play. For now, peppy is the one who takes care of that. While we cannot be 100% sure that a user is cheating, on occasions, peppy can be 100% sure that a user is cheating. I've discussed this before, but will bring it up again: he has a set of anti-cheating measures, some automatic and some not, that establishes without doubt the falsity of a user's records before the user is banned. It is possible that users are developing ways to cheat and bypass these measures at the same time, but it is also plausible that the same users aren't cheating after all.

Truth is, any player with common sense can pick out the obvious cheaters. Besides cheaters who 4mod SS's on Insanes and obtain impossibly large scores (cases which do not require common sense for one to understand that the users are cheating), there are users who get multiple Flashlight records in suspiciously short intervals of time and suddenly set records that are way out of their leagues. But in this kind of games, common sense is not enough for banning. Banning an account is not a light action. The consequences of a mistaken ban is huge, and as a game dev/admin, you must take every possible measure to ensure that the user deserves a ban before actually placing a ban. People must be aware of this fact before wondering why certain users have not been banned yet.

As for the really obvious cheaters, I am not going to defend peppy for his lack of response on these users. I saw VelperK's post in the Help and Support forum, and although he should have been more careful before posting (one of the rules in that sub-forum is that you should not report cheaters in that forum, which is clearly stated in one of the stickied posts), I am quite disappointed by the admins' response to this situation. As a CTB player, I will be contacting peppy personally to address the situation, and I think anyone who considers himself a member of the global CTB community should find other means to solve the situation, like contacting the admins directly or using the report button more often (the report button works better if more people use it, as more reports mean higher priority of attention from peppy). Understand that there are much, much more standard mode users in this game than there are CTB users, and there are people who cheat in standard too. These people also get reported, so it is natural that CTB cheaters will get less reports, and therefore less attention, than people who cheat in standard mode.

Meanwhile, stop accusing a player directly of cheating and telling him to prove his legitimacy. A player has every right to refuse such demands, unless the demand was from one of the admins of the game; that is how a gaming community works. Accept it.

As for the obvious cheaters, I do not care in the slightest. Getting my #1 taken by an obvious cheater does not bother me, since nobody will see the record and think the user is better than I am. Getting an #1 could be largely due to self-satisfaction, but it is also for bragging rights -to prove that i am skilled enough to be better than anybody else in the world on this particular map. Cheating blatantly to take #1 beats this purpose, and I am not disturbed by them.

However, subtle cheats that are hard to detect at first sight (Flashlights cheats on maps that may be FLable after a large amount of retries, HardRock cheats) do bother me. Since these kind of cheats are not detectable at first sight, a fair amount of people may think that I have been beaten by this cheater. This greatly disturbs me. I have a lot of pride in my gaming skills, and I don't like it when a user uses unfair methods to deceive people that he may be better than I am in a particular map.

As for cheating in general, I despise of the act and think all attempts of cheating should result in an outright and permanent ban.





.
DontTalkwithMir
Ontopic of the original Thread stuff:



Sorry pies.. :(
Yuki Hana-Chan
David... Why so pro... ;______;

Covers Ikillforpies' eyes*
actually, no. = = go beat him. use that as motivation.
Last Remnant_old

KRZY wrote:

Deleted useless posts. Any more of this and this thread WILL get locked, you have my word on this.

My view on discussing cheaters is this. As I have said before, it is okay to discuss cheats in general. It is not, however, okay to accuse a certain user of cheating, no matter how obvious and blatant it is. We may be the mainstream CTB players, but we are not Gods. We can never know for 100% if a user is cheating (yes, and I mean never.)

In this game, there are certain procedures that must be taken for a user to be banned for foul play. For now, peppy is the one who takes care of that. While we cannot be 100% sure that a user is cheating, on occasions, peppy can be 100% sure that a user is cheating. I've discussed this before, but will bring it up again: he has a set of anti-cheating measures, some automatic and some not, that establishes without doubt the falsity of a user's records before the user is banned. It is possible that users are developing ways to cheat and bypass these measures at the same time, but it is also plausible that the same users aren't cheating after all.

Truth is, any player with common sense can pick out the obvious cheaters. Besides cheaters who 4mod SS's on Insanes and obtain impossibly large scores (cases which do not require common sense for one to understand that the users are cheating), there are users who get multiple Flashlight records in suspiciously short intervals of time and suddenly set records that are way out of their leagues. are some examples. But in this kind of games, common sense is not enough for banning. Banning an account is not a light action. The consequences of a mistaken ban is huge, and as a game dev/admin, you must take every possible measure to ensure that the user deserves a ban before actually placing a ban. People must be aware of this fact before wondering why certain users have not been banned yet.

As for the really obvious cheaters, I am not going to defend peppy for his lack of response on these users. I saw VelperK's post in the Help and Support forum, and although he should have been more careful before posting (one of the rules in that sub-forum is that you should not report cheaters in that forum, which is clearly stated in one of the stickied posts), I am quite disappointed by the admins' response to this situation. As a CTB player, I will be contacting peppy personally to address the situation, and I think anyone who considers himself a member of the global CTB community should find other means to solve the situation, like contacting the admins directly or using the report button more often (the report button works better if more people use it, as more reports mean higher priority of attention from peppy). Understand that there are much, much more standard mode users in this game than there are CTB users, and there are people who cheat in standard too. These people also get reported, so it is natural that CTB cheaters will get less reports, and therefore less attention, than people who cheat in standard mode.

Meanwhile, stop accusing a player directly of cheating and telling him to prove his legitimacy. A player has every right to refuse such demands, unless the demand was from one of the admins of the game; that is how a gaming community works. Accept it.

As for the obvious cheaters, I do not care in the slightest. Getting my #1 taken by an obvious cheater does not bother me, since nobody will see the record and think the user is better than I am. Getting an #1 could be largely due to self-satisfaction, but it is also for bragging rights -to prove that i am skilled enough to be better than anybody else in the world on this particular map. Cheating blatantly to take #1 beats this purpose, and I am not disturbed by them.

However, subtle cheats that are hard to detect at first sight (Flashlights cheats on maps that may be FLable after a large amount of retries, HardRock cheats) do bother me. Since these kind of cheats are not detectable at first sight, a fair amount of people may think that I have been beaten by this cheater. This greatly disturbs me. I have a lot of pride in my gaming skills, and I don't like it when a user uses unfair methods to deceive people that he may be better than I am in a particular map.

As for cheating in general, I despise of the act and think all attempts of cheating should result in an outright and permanent ban.
I wish we have more people like you here, I agree with you on everything you just said. I personally did my best to help this cause, now everything is up to peppy to do. Just give him some time.

PS. After all, I haven't seen anyone ever proved he didn't cheat in CTB with video, and ultimately, why should someone care what other's think he is.
MountainBrother

KRZY wrote:

Meanwhile, stop accusing a player directly of cheating and telling him to prove his legitimacy. A player has every right to refuse such demands, unless the demand was from one of the admins of the game; that is how a gaming community works. Accept it.
I guess this sentence is enough for us.
Deif

MountainBrother wrote:

KRZY wrote:

Meanwhile, stop accusing a player directly of cheating and telling him to prove his legitimacy. A player has every right to refuse such demands, unless the demand was from one of the admins of the game; that is how a gaming community works. Accept it.
I guess this sentence is enough for us.
Or if you want somebody to prove his/her truly abilities, just use PMs and not a public thread for that purpose.
NeoRainier
I agree with evertyhing KRZY said....and

KRZY wrote:

But in this kind of games, common sense is not enough for banning. Banning an account is not a light action. The consequences of a mistaken ban is huge, and as a game dev/admin, you must take every possible measure to ensure that the user deserves a ban before actually placing a ban.
this is actually the main problem.
When i was a GM in another game, banning people for some reasons without having actual proof was pretty impossible, even if their "bad actions" where obvious.
Senyo
Alright guys, calm down and start posting scores. Just hit dat report button. All of us. Some might think "Oh other people are gonna hit it 88888x88x88x8x88x88x8 times". As krzy said, the more reports from DIFFERENT users will prioritize it first. Also quoting KRZY again, the standard community is appx 8x larger then CTB. We just have to persevere and trust KRZY on this one.

I personally think everything he said is true and reasonable.

Back on topic :
Lol. 2 pc ftw.
eldnl

abalee wrote:

Feel free to click the report link if you are sure that's cheating, or use !report ingame.
Probably you don't know that this button apparently doesn't work, we have guys that use cheats for a couple of months and nothing has happened.
Senyo
Damn, I'm a lucky bastard :D
VelperK
ExGon

VelperK wrote:

Yuki Hana-Chan

VelperK wrote:

OH GOD. I LOL'D SO HARD.
Disease_old_1

Senyo wrote:

Damn, I'm a lucky bastard :D
lucky my ass.


VelperK wrote:

OMG ROFL
Ikillforpies

ExGon wrote:

VelperK wrote:

SS_Kanzaki

VelperK wrote:

Nanaya_cock

VelperK wrote:

8-)
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply