forum

Quick Advice Needed; which Tablet?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
B1rd
Sorry for which tablet to get thread no.2701, but I want to buy a tablet soon, and I'm not sure which one would be best; I don't want to buy one on impulse and then find out that another model would've been better.

So, I'm not sure what the difference is between these two-

~
The Wacom CTL 471: (which was recommended in the Tablet purchase thread) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0089VGPII/ref ... 22D28NJ559

~
or the Wacom CTL 470 (which most people, incl. rrtyui, seem to use): http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Conn ... B005HGBEYS

~
But then there's the Intuos CTL 480, which is only $10 more and is sold by a supplier near me: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?mai ... cPath=1536

So which one would be best? Obviously it's for osu!, but I might use it for drawing so that's a small factor.
Noobsicle
from some other tablet thread

YayMii wrote:

Xhomas wrote:

I'd like to know this aswell. Also, I can only find the CTL-470K-NL in my country, and not the "Wacom Bamboo Splash Pen Tablet (CTL471)"

What is the difference with the CTL471 an the CTL470?, and then the 'K-NL' behind it, is just a country tag or something? The Wacom / Bamboo site is unclear aswell. I won't need the touch function on my tablet so I won't need CTH.
As far as I can tell, the difference between the CTL470 and CTL471, as well as the several different letter suffixes, is just the marketing and/or the included art software (such as the CTH-470s Bamboo Manga). The -NL is a country tag though.
tl;dr, there's no significant difference in terms of performance

its up to you to decide which tablet to get, imo i just like the color scheme of the intuos more than the bamboo hue
Rewben2
Doesn't matter at all really. The listed tablets are all very similar. I've used an intuos and own a ctl-470 and there was really not much of a difference other than size.
Topic Starter
B1rd
Well thanks for the advice, I'll get the Intuos tablet, and instantly S all insanes~ i hope

in other news, I am bankrupt, mainly from buying new pc stuff for osu!
Noobsicle

B1rd wrote:

in other news, I am bankrupt, mainly from buying new pc stuff for osu!
ik that feel ;______;
Otsutsuki_old

Noobsicle wrote:

tl;dr, there's no significant difference in terms of performance

its up to you to decide which tablet to get, imo i just like the color scheme of the intuos more than the bamboo hue
there is a lot of difference in terms of performance, LPI(accuracy) and polling rate(response rate), which in CTL-480 is obviously higher. Also CTL-480 has larger active area and could be customized with values.
@OP go with CTL-480. there is no reason to buy 470 unless you don't have that extra 10$.
Topic Starter
B1rd
Good thing I got that one then. But today I noticed I improved slightly, and got over my 'not improving at osu!/not good enough for playcount despression', so I'll probably stick with mouse.
Vuelo Eluko

B1rd wrote:

Good thing I got that one then. But today I noticed I improved slightly, and got over my 'not improving at osu!/not good enough for playcount despression', so I'll probably stick with mouse.
you seem to primarily play offline anyway do you keep track of your playcount there
lots of people suck for their playcount
like me
just play online
Topic Starter
B1rd
it seems I need to make it even more obvious in my profile that I don't have internet.. (blame Australia...)

it's not like I keep a tally lol, but I play for at least and hour everyday, and using my primary school math skills I figured out an estimate~
I'd say your probably the same as me interms of skill for playcount, but you play mouse only?

hopefully with enough perseverance we can get good~
xasuma
i ll use the chance to ask something.
I have a pen only tablet. for people that have touch and pen tablets, do they pick your hand when you are playing? are they annoying at all for playing? just wondering. :)

I have wacom ctl480. and its good, cant reccomend any other since ive only tried this one.
Topic Starter
B1rd
OK so I got the tablet~

My spinning speed has been boosted by about 50%
My accuracy and speed have been reduced by about 95%

Not instant cookiezi I am disappoint :(

So back to mouse, don't know what I'll do with the tablet
deletemyaccount

xasuma wrote:

i ll use the chance to ask something.
I have a pen only tablet. for people that have touch and pen tablets, do they pick your hand when you are playing? are they annoying at all for playing? just wondering. :)

I have wacom ctl480. and its good, cant reccomend any other since ive only tried this one.
I'm pretty sure you can disable the touch settings.

About which tablet to purchase, there is no significant difference in terms of tracking. So really, I would just purchase the cheapest Wacom out right now(I believe it is the CTL-480?)
Dexus
There's a switch to disable the touch. Sadly you wasted your money though; a huion 540 would have been cheaper and better for you. Just a tip for you: you don't need to buy what others use to be good, just get what works and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Also, none of the Wacom tablets really have a difference in report rate. They're all at 133hz. LPI only matters to a point and for osu! you don't need to be retard accurate; most any tablet has plenty to work fine.

Here's a link to a good tablet that is a good price, I hope you didn't order already I realize you have bought it already oh well: http://www.amazon.com/Huion-Signature-D ... B00IOC9368

Tablet takes a bit to get used to, it's sad to see you thought you'd instantly get better and then gave up on the piece of equipment you just spent a good bit of money on.
Vuelo Eluko

Dexus wrote:

There's a switch to disable the touch. Sadly you wasted your money though; a huion 540 would have been cheaper and better for you. Just a tip for you: you don't need to buy what others use to be good, just get what works and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Also, none of the Wacom tablets really have a difference in report rate. They're all at 133hz. LPI only matters to a point and for osu! you don't need to be retard accurate; most any tablet has plenty to work fine.

Here's a link to a good tablet that is a good price, I hope you didn't order already I realize you have bought it already oh well: http://www.amazon.com/Huion-Signature-D ... B00IOC9368
The bamboo pen doesn't require a battery and is lighter. I'd say that's not a 'waste of money' to a lot of people.
but it looks like you're just trying to sell huion's with this post anyway...
Dexus
The battery has yet to run out for me (I've been using it for months, I even forget it and leave it on sometimes) and the weight of it really doesn't make a difference. I play full tablet full area beyond what normal players play and I don't notice a difference in the pen from the intuos tablet.

I'm speaking from experience here, I'm not blowing it out of my ass. I've had an intuos, I've had a bamboo touch, I've had a bamboo fun, I've had an osu!tablet, and I currently use the Huion k58. Of all the pens I've used they don't seem to make a difference. In fact the rechargable pen that some of the huion tablets come with are just as small as the intuos pens if not smaller with just as lite of weight. I currently use the osu!tablet pen because I enjoy how big and easy it is to grip.
Topic Starter
B1rd
I never really thought I'd get instantly better lol, though I don't think 4 minutes is enough time to really tell. I just wanted to get one to try it out, so I can follow conversations on tablets etc, I don't really think I ever intended on changing my playstyle.
I got the Intuos mainly because it was the one sold by the nearby supplier where I've bought all my other PC stuff (no hassle, delivers in 2 days) and I though the Intuos would be better for media work. And also the Huion pen looked too thick.
Otsutsuki_old

B1rd wrote:

I never really thought I'd get instantly better lol, though I don't think 4 minutes is enough time to really tell. I just wanted to get one to try it out, so I can follow conversations on tablets etc, I don't really think I ever intended on changing my playstyle.
I got the Intuos mainly because it was the one sold by the nearby supplier where I've bought all my other PC stuff (no hassle, delivers in 2 days) and I though the Intuos would be better for media work. And also the Huion pen looked too thick.
I have it for about a week and I've got alot better(I thought I never would LOL, first 2 days were a struggle), try different tablet areas to fit your preference. make sure you pick the highest area to reach every corner without moving your arm, just wrist.