forum

Today I started using mouse for only aiming

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VirtualMuffin
Sort of as a trial run and got used to only clicking with keyboard. I still do spins with the mouse.

I see this on the highscores a lot with K1 and K2 being used the vast majority of the time.

Should I continue this trial run or end and use the mouse for the notes that aren't streams ?

And if not yet, but eventually, when?

Thanks for your help!
Lewder
there is no too soon, i doubt you'll be able to make it with clicking on harder maps
Suqerb
Salochin uses mouse clicks for everything but streams, and uses the keyboard for streams. You could do it that way.
El Koko
or you could go mouse only and stream with clicks because mouse only master race
Oberyn_old
>2014
>mouse
are u serious
i dont even..
B1rd
Keyboard is easier, basically if you want the best performance possible then go with keyboard for taps.
Blueprint
Just use your keyboard, this guy salochin probably started playing the way he does I highly doubt he used keyboard and decided O hey I'm going to click with my mouse, If you think mouse clicks will be easier for you go ahead and do it
Maxis

Lewder wrote:

there is no too soon, i doubt you'll be able to make it with clicking on harder maps
^This. As you move to harder maps, tapping is generally a lot easier and more comfortable than clicking given the speed of the map (not only streams, just in general).
If you like clicking more and think you'll be fine, you can go for it, but in my opinion it's better to get used to tapping with keyboard as soon as possible.
Topic Starter
VirtualMuffin

Oberyn wrote:

>2014
>mouse
are u serious
i dont even..
I don't get you ?

Plus I would take you more seriously if you'd use grammar.
DeletedUser_3905941

Oberyn wrote:

>2014
>mouse
are u serious
i dont even..
/osu/
Topic Starter
VirtualMuffin

xMaxisx wrote:

Lewder wrote:

^This. As you move to harder maps, tapping is generally a lot easier and more comfortable than clicking given the speed of the map (not only streams, just in general).
If you like clicking more and think you'll be fine, you can go for it, but in my opinion it's better to get used to tapping with keyboard as soon as possible.
I know of someone a lot better than me (as it stands) and he's stuck in the 1200-1300 pp range using mouse most of the time.

So I guess you may be right :)
sangu

xMaxisx wrote:

no... any player play very well with any playstyle. All that it takes is dedication and practice. If the op practices long and hard, they can make it to the higher tiers of players using mouse only. To op: Remember, switching to keyboard or even tablet will not make you an instant god. Do what feels most comfortable to you. (or whatever you want to do for that matter)
Topic Starter
VirtualMuffin

sanguisinvia wrote:

xMaxisx wrote:

no... any player play very well with any playstyle. All that it takes is dedication and practice. If the op practices long and hard, they can make it to the higher tiers of players using mouse only. To op: Remember, switching to keyboard or even tablet will not make you an instant god. Do what feels most comfortable to you. (or whatever you want to do for that matter)
Just have not seen many people use mouse for clicking that much in the harder difficulties which is why i asked. May stick with mouse until i start to get stuck :)
Blueprint
Then you will have to break the habbit of being used to clicking with your mouse
Kouya-
You can challenge yourself and try mouse clicking only, but that will almost be impossible to do when you do streams with just that .
Rokusho

SupaWolfTiga wrote:

You can challenge yourself and try mouse clicking only, but that will almost be impossible to do when you do streams with just that .
If you practice long enough it's won't be that hard, as mouse only player I only get problems with streams if they are too fast and spaced, but it's not impossible.
Nub1
RaneFire
As new maps are being designed harder and harder to challenge the players who use peripheral and keyboard, the mouse-only users are getting screwed even more.

trololol123 wrote:

If you practice long enough it's won't be that hard, as mouse only player I only get problems with streams if they are too fast and spaced, but it's not impossible.
That's like every map these days.

On a note more related to the OP's question, I think you should play whichever way gives you the most satisfaction.
MajicPants
I feel that mouse only compared to kb+mouse actually will make a big difference in the long run. The place where it makes the biggest difference is in streams because its hard to stay accurate with your mouse when you are bashing both buttons extremely fast while trying to keep small and accurate movements. With KK+Mouse I feel like you are able to stay accurate while being able to click really fast :) But there are still plenty of mouse only players out there that are mind-boggling good so it depends on what you want to stay dedicated to. :D