posted
Total Posts
show more
Roxas
Hi Arcwin :3/

[General]
Add DJ Sharpnel to tags? xD

[NM]
00:39:661 (39661|0) - I'd move right, fits a bit better cause of this 00:39:318 (39318|0) -
00:42:232 (42232|3) - Move this left and 00:42:404 (42404|2) - move this right
00:47:204 - You need to add a note here, there's a kick :/

[HD]
00:17:375 (17375|2,17375|0) - Make them near like the other doubles ;_; 00:17:375 (17375|2) - move this left?

[MX]
I like overall this diff except some doubles in blue ticks likr 01:04:090 (64090|2,64090|1) - but it's my personal opinion because I have a bit jacks <.<

[SHD]
00:17:718 (17718|2) - Move left for consistency (referring to this 00:20:118 (20118|2,20118|0,20290|0,20290|2,20461|0,20461|2) - ) ?
01:31:347 - It's missing a note on 4 on purpose right?
01:36:832 - ^same
01:42:318 - ^same, okay I guess it's on purpose xD

[ExTra]
bye keyboard
anyone can FC the final part here? D:

Call me back when fixed? :D
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus

Roxas wrote:

Hi Arcwin :3/

SPOILER
[General]
OK! Fixed: Add DJ Sharpnel to tags? xDOh yeah dafonz XD thanks~!

[NM]
OK! Fixed: 00:39:661 (39661|0) - I'd move right, fits a bit better cause of this 00:39:318 (39318|0) -
OK! Fixed: 00:42:232 (42232|3) - Move this left and 00:42:404 (42404|2) - move this right
OK! Fixed: 00:47:204 - You need to add a note here, there's a kick :/ whoa great notice! thanks!

[HD]
OK! Fixed: 00:17:375 (17375|2,17375|0) - Make them near like the other doubles ;_; 00:17:375 (17375|2) - move this left?

[MX]
I like overall this diff except some doubles in blue ticks likr 01:04:090 (64090|2,64090|1) - but it's my personal opinion because I have a bit jacks <.< Oh my thank you <3

[SHD]
OK! Fixed: 00:17:718 (17718|2) - Move left for consistency (referring to this 00:20:118 (20118|2,20118|0,20290|0,20290|2,20461|0,20461|2) - ) ? nice notice!
01:31:347 - It's missing a note on 4 on purpose right? Yep its on purpose :3
01:36:832 - ^same
01:42:318 - ^same, okay I guess it's on purpose xD

[ExTra]
bye keyboard LOLOL XD atleast I can S this song. I can't even S - SHD AiAe ;3;
anyone can FC the final part here? D:

Call me back when fixed? :D
About the ExTra, I made something for that final part:
Short Video of MAMA EXTRA last part
I hope that answer your question Sir :oops:

Thank you so much for that great check and mod, Sir Roxas~! :)
All updated and ready~
Fullerene-
mfw a vibrating map might actually get ranked
Kamikaze
1K PP HYPE
Fullerene-
ps move Rave ☆ Spector to tags, album names don't go in source
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus

Fullerene- wrote:

ps move Rave ☆ Spector to tags, album names don't go in source
Oh yeah I forgot its an album only x.x thanks~
Updated~!
Kyuuten
No 7K difficulties? ;_;
Low
this is great
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus

Low wrote:

this is great
Thank you so much for that feedback and star~! Sir Low~! ^o^

Kamanezu wrote:

No 7K difficulties? ;_;
Yeah ;3; Since I usually see this song in 4K mode sarry x.x
SayaBukanMaho
why this map is not ranked ? i like this map :D
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus

SayaBukanMaho wrote:

why this map is not ranked ? i like this map :D
Thank you so much :)
Yes I'm doing my best to get it ranked ^o^
SillyFangirl
Nice map Arc! KUDOSO It! :D
Arzenvald
yo mama, its gonna be awesome if this ranked.. \ :v / good luck arcwin.. xD
*oops i dropped something..

*EDIT*

erm.. the image resolution is a bit blurry, since it's 800*600.. just a suggestion, why don't you use the larger image instead?
http://hellknight10.deviantart.com/art/ ... r-84003814 here's the source...
also, add tag : "Hellknight10 Ravenous Red Flower"
hellknight10 is the artist who made this background.. (before it's bubbled, why not? :3)
Harbyter
i badly want this map getting ranked so.. shoot!
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus

NathanTheJOOKER wrote:

Nice map Arc! KUDOSO It! :D
Thank you for the support Nathan~! :)

Harbyter wrote:

i badly want this map getting ranked so.. shoot!
Same here :3 So I'm doing my best to get this ranked. Thank you so much for the support ^O^

ExUsagi wrote:

yo mama, its gonna be awesome if this ranked.. \ :v / good luck arcwin.. xD
*oops i dropped something..

*EDIT*

erm.. the image resolution is a bit blurry, since it's 800*600.. just a suggestion, why don't you use the larger image instead?
http://hellknight10.deviantart.com/art/ ... r-84003814 here's the source...
also, add tag : "Hellknight10 Ravenous Red Flower"
hellknight10 is the artist who made this background.. (before it's bubbled, why not? :3)
omg, IluvU Exusagis, I've been searchin for this! Going to update the BG. Thank you so much! >w<)b
Also thank you for the support and that starzzzzzzzzzzz :oops:

EDIT: UPDATED, ExTra NERFED TO ITS FINEST
also, thank you so much for that 5, yes FIVE STARS, Sir PROGUY >w<)b :oops:
Skadra_old
get this rank i need more pp :)
GOOD LUCK!
Kamikaze
RIP 8,5 stars, RIP 1kPP, rank where
Akasha-
Pls delete the last . of the title
Should be: Jea - M.A.M.A
LinK: http://www.discogs.com/%E9%AB%98%E9%80% ... se/1524567

Anyway good luck on ranking :3
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus

Kuo Kyoka wrote:

Pls delete the last . of the title
Should be: Jea - M.A.M.A
LinK: http://www.discogs.com/%E9%AB%98%E9%80% ... se/1524567

Anyway good luck on ranking :3
I believe "M.A.M.A." is the right title for the song as it is indicated here: http://vgmdb.net/album/6717

Also, the same title is used in the game "flashflashrevolution":
Maiz94
Yup, M.A.M.A. is the correct title.
Fullerene-
Just read this since the board is public now, and I just wanted to leave some feedback about ExTra.

On a technical standpoint, ExTra is fine (actually the old [12][34] version is more accurate since the kick is constant 1/8) but the issue that arises is this being a huge difficulty spike compared to the rest of this difficulty, and the rest of the mapset. Vibrating at these speeds is a special skill, and after a certain point I'd say it's genetics in terms of how fast you can vibrate and how long. Being able to FC this wall does not exempt the fact that the rest of this map is a piece of cake compared to the ending. When I think of ExTra right now, the only thing I remember from it is that the ending is ridiculously difficult proportionately to the rest of the map.

3 options you have are:
1. Make the rest of the map very hard to smoothen the difficulty curve (like what I did in my example map I linked here a few months ago). You have a lot more room to make this potentially harder because there are 1/4 notes literally playing for the entire song. This is what Wafles did when he made his AiAe map so that he could map the 1/16 kicks without making them stick out like a sore thumb. PROGUY suggested this.

2. Rework the ending wall in ExTra so that the main thing that separates it from SHD in difficulty is the patterns. Just pattern the 1/8 notes as a normal stream, which is harder to hit than repeating rolls. Some tips to avoid awkward patterning here are avoiding any 1/4 minijacks (with some exceptions, just avoid anything longer than 2 minijacks of 1/4) and making sure the patterns don't have a bias for specific columns/hands. This should keep a decent difficulty spread provided the patterns aren't too awkward.

3. Scrap the ExTra difficulty. I personally don't think this is the best option, mainly because this song can actually make for a difficult map that's harder than SHD.

Some suggestions:
Columns are |1|2|3|4| as usual
[ExTra]
00:21:404 (21404|3) - move to 2, two hand jack + a one handed trill is a bit uncomfortable
00:24:575 - i'd just keep this as singles and then add a note for every clap, since the snares aren't as loud as the kicks later on, but the layering is the same. just a case where it feels slightly overlayered
01:53:718 - it'd be nice to see the double minijacks here to be [12] or [34] chords like in SHD, LN on one finger and a jack on the other isn't the smoothest pattern out there
02:12:918 - awkward transition here. if you want to keep the [14][23] and [12][34] for pattern variation, swap them so that the [14][23] trills are first and then [12][34]. this is because the next wall is going to be hit as [12][34] doubles at 1/6, so a transition of a similar pattern would be the most intuitive

[SHD]
02:12:918 - same as in ExTra, even if you're not manipulating the pattern as a chord, it's a lot more comfortable to transition from a [12][34] or [34][12] also
02:15:661 (135661|1,135747|1) - this is a big no-no during fast streams. it forces a lot of stress on this column for a short time and will trip up a lot of people. move 02:15:747 (135747|1) - to column 4, and then highlight the streams after and ctrl+h them.

oh yeah and it would be nice to add MAMA to tags so i don't have to put the periods in every time i want to search it lol

Some of the comments in that Trello card were pretty dumb imo, but that's for another day.
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus

Fullerene- wrote:

Just read this since the board is public now, and I just wanted to leave some feedback about ExTra.

On a technical standpoint, ExTra is fine (actually the old [12][34] version is more accurate since the kick is constant 1/8) but the issue that arises is this being a huge difficulty spike compared to the rest of this difficulty, and the rest of the mapset. Vibrating at these speeds is a special skill, and after a certain point I'd say it's genetics in terms of how fast you can vibrate and how long. Being able to FC this wall does not exempt the fact that the rest of this map is a piece of cake compared to the ending. When I think of ExTra right now, the only thing I remember from it is that the ending is ridiculously difficult proportionately to the rest of the map.

SPOILER
3 options you have are:
1. Make the rest of the map very hard to smoothen the difficulty curve (like what I did in my example map I linked here a few months ago). You have a lot more room to make this potentially harder because there are 1/4 notes literally playing for the entire song. This is what Wafles did when he made his AiAe map so that he could map the 1/16 kicks without making them stick out like a sore thumb. PROGUY suggested this. I believe the patterns before the ending is actually hard enough to balance out the entire map. Also the current update already nerf the ending and its not that very hard to hit anymore (you can actually spam it with all 4 keys with a speed of 1/4 and can combo since its a jump-stair-pattern like)

2. Rework the ending wall in ExTra so that the main thing that separates it from SHD in difficulty is the patterns. Just pattern the 1/8 notes as a normal stream, which is harder to hit than repeating rolls. Some tips to avoid awkward patterning here are avoiding any 1/4 minijacks (with some exceptions, just avoid anything longer than 2 minijacks of 1/4) and making sure the patterns don't have a bias for specific columns/hands. This should keep a decent difficulty spread provided the patterns aren't too awkward. Ending was already nerf and I believe its very acceptable now which I do not plan to reduce the note density there anymore.

3. Scrap the ExTra difficulty. I personally don't think this is the best option, mainly because this song can actually make for a difficult map that's harder than SHD. :V

Some suggestions:
Columns are |1|2|3|4| as usual
[ExTra]
OK! Fixed: 00:21:404 (21404|3) - move to 2, two hand jack + a one handed trill is a bit uncomfortable
(X)! Nope: 00:24:575 - i'd just keep this as singles and then add a no te for every clap, since the snares aren't as loud as the kicks later on, but the layering is the same. just a case where it feels slightly overlayered I made the pattern based on its previous pattern 1/4 2-noters (add the synth sound at bgm), and then just added 1/8 single noter for that "trrr" sound. Also same pattern as the ending.
OK! Fixed: 01:53:718 - it'd be nice to see the double minijacks here to be [12] or [34] chords like in SHD, LN on one finger and a jack on the other isn't the smoothest pattern out there fixed, its now similar to SHD's [12] and [34] 2-noter minijacks
02:12:918 - awkward transition here. if you want to keep the [14][23] and [12][34] for pattern variation, swap them so that the [14][23] trills are first and then [12][34]. this is because the next wall is going to be hit as [12][34] doubles at 1/6, so a transition of a similar pattern would be the most intuitive. With the nerfed ending, I think its quite not-awkward to hit anymore and decided to keep it with that kind of stair pattern that is actually combo'ble even spamming at 1/4 speed. But thanks~!

[SHD]
02:12:918 - same as in ExTra, even if you're not manipulating the pattern as a chord, it's a lot more comfortable to transition from a [12][34] or [34][12] also Same reason to ExTra, also the stairs here is also like [12][34] 1/4 trills that can be FC'ble and hand balance to left and right hand. Its quite cool to look too~
OK! Fixed: 02:15:661 (135661|1,135747|1) - this is a big no-no during fast streams. it forces a lot of stress on this column for a short time and will trip up a lot of people. move 02:15:747 (135747|1) - to column 4, and then highlight the streams after and ctrl+h them. big thanks to this~

oh yeah and it would be nice to add MAMA to tags so i don't have to put the periods in every time i want to search it lol Yeah.. but I think its not valid to put the MAMA to tags since it's already the title of the song.. will confirm

Some of the comments in that Trello card were pretty dumb imo, but that's for another day.Hahaha... Oh well, I will just :v
Thank you so much again for that helpful mod, Irene~ Man you deserve a bro hug. no homo hhhhhhhhhh

ishimaru94 wrote:

Yup, M.A.M.A. is the correct title.
Thank you for the confirmation, Sir Ishi~! :)

EDIT: UPDATED~!
• Minor add/remove fix on Hitsounds
• Changed and Balanced volume of hitsounds applied
• Minor change in patterns and some LNs at SHD and ExTra
• Arcwin's Chaika. Grateful. These two guys above, :oops:
Arzenvald
o.o rankable or not? owell.. i love SHD diff so damn bad..

just 1 thing after this get qualified, please don't make a such pointless drama, but well, my prediction is, there will be a drama..*flies away~*

btw, good luck (again) papa! i wish this can be ranked soon
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus

ExUsagi wrote:

o.o rankable or not? owell.. i love SHD diff so damn bad..

just 1 thing after this get qualified, please don't make a such pointless drama, but well, my prediction is, there will be a drama..*flies away~*

btw, good luck (again) papa! i wish this can be ranked soon
Thank you for the support :3/

already dramaniac here, oh wai mai tears won stahp after readin yar supportive message ;3; Lol! >w<)/
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus
Upon the BAT check for metada by Sir Lanturn: t/258531

Update:
• Changed artist and added with romanized artist

with this, I require everyone to please RE-DOWNLOAD the map. Sorry for inconvenience

And... I believe the map is now ready. :)
Kamikaze
Shootin yer starz cuz sharpnel sound'n stuff
rank this month or riot
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Shootin yer starz cuz sharpnel sound'n stuff
rank this month or riot
wat dafonz thank you so much for those chiming STARZZZZZZZZZZZ, Kami >w<)b
Kamikaze
So, I'm kinda bored and I don't feel like modding atm

http://puu.sh/dh04u/d5bbd5a254.png
Arzenvald

-Kamikaze- wrote:

So, I'm kinda bored and I don't feel like modding atm

http://puu.sh/dh04u/d5bbd5a254.png
add more explosions, mlg & obey, flashing things and dank w22d, and add this magical word : "HOLLY MOMMAH".. <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`\ :v \
Kamikaze

Dude, you can remove this text by now it looks bad xD
Also throwing 2 stars to get my #1 fan spot
dionzz99
dude... rank exTra
Kyuuten
Maybe someone wrote it but I'm lazy
I think (in the ExTra) 00:00:318 (318|2) - should start in 00:00:447 - :v

GO4RANK GOGOGOGO
JamesHappy
rank when :U

PAPA is waiting
Mike Ace
Rank Dis Nao
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus
re-update so it wont graveyard ;;
Hoping to get ranked this christmas or even before school :?
Spy
It's looks fine,but gaps between NM,HD and MX...
I feel not ok a bit,try to make gaps not such big,and call me back then.
shionelove

Spy wrote:

I think gap between hd and mx is ok
Because https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/260369 gets rank
This has 1.5 sd gap,same as mama
Spy

hutunohito wrote:

Spy wrote:

I think gap between hd and mx is ok
Because https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/260369 gets rank
This has 1.5 sd gap,same as mama
Oh.
You think ok but I don't think so.
Just wait for mapper reply.
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus
I think I cannot change anything about the star rating anymore since the last ending/spike is the only one that makes the gap further and.. each difficulty ending are totally fine to the o!m players.

Also according to the rule of difficulty rating at https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Ranking_Criteria:
Below 1.5: Easy
Below 2.25: Normal
Below 3.75: Hard
Below 5.25: Insane
Above 5.25: Expert

I believe this is not for mania specific but still allowed to have such gap as long as there is a NM/EZ difficulty.
(with this, I hope https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu!mania_Ranking_Criteria updates about star rating stuffs.)
Ayachi-
show more