1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Development
  4. Community Voice

What would you call yourself?

I'm a beat-clicker. No interest in making maps.
39.05% 107
I'm a mapper/modder. I only play to test and mod maps.
13.50% 37
I really can't decide between playing and mapping.. do both about the same.
37.96% 104
I'm a skinner, coder or other, and while contributing, don't fit into any category above.
5.47% 15
I'm just here for the community.
4.01% 11
Total votes: 274
Polling ended 2009-12-15 03:02:03
Polling is over and can not be voted on anymore.
show more
posted
When I first joined, my only interest was mapping (didn't even knew about modding yet). The result was "Party Night" OH GOD
I started playing osu! later and I eventually became more skilled at it, and I still have interest for modding and mapping so I guess I fit for option 3. :P
posted
At the beginning I was good at playing maps, and created a few records before I decided to quit playing and become a fulltime mapper. I rarely played since July, so I suck at playing osu now :D
posted
I'd say I can't really decide between both.
I used to be a beat clicker, haven't been doing so much lately with these new set of good players, so I tend to map/mod more. But when I'm tired with mapping, I sometimes play for fun :)
posted
3rd option for me too, I don't play alot lately though ;(
posted
I'm a mapper and sort of a modder. I do just have osu! open for irc a lot though.
posted
I am here for the community but I do love the gaming!!

I <3 you all
(Not in a gay way ;) )
posted
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
posted
Right now, I would say the second... hardly play anymore, and don't really do much else.
posted
Mapping and modding. I had some more interest in playing a year ago or so, but now I have way more fun mapping =P
posted
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
posted
player/skinner/wana-be-mapper

I'm not going to vote because there's no option I fit into
posted
For this and future reference for these polls; can our individual votes be seen by anyone? And if so whom? I mean I know we can see total votes on A and B, but could you see that I, Pokebis, voted A and say, awp, voted B?
posted
I'm a mapper/player, but actually there are different ways of playing maps imo. If playing means playing for score, I'm just a mapper who plays some few maps.
I used to play a LOT multiplayer, but I'm a bit short of time now :<
posted
Pretty much player-only these days. I play both single and multiplayer (mostly tag coop).

There was a time when I dabbled in mapping, but the process of getting it perfected and ranked kind of turned me off from ever attempting it again. Any maps I make these days lie unfinished on my hard drive. I might submit another map someday, we'll see.
posted
posted
I play for fun. Screw rank, for the most part.

I have a few projects like "fuck - you" and osq2osb which are SB-related. Sometimes when I look at #mod someone is in need of a storyboard, so I help them with that.

I'm on the support team. Woo!

I playtest maps for people if they ask. I think playtesting (with the mapper spectating) with a few comments afterwards is the most effective form of modding.

The community is great and I ... support it quite a bit, if you can call it that. =]

Distributions? 35% playing, 30% community, 20% storyboarding/coding, 10% support, 5% modding.
posted
I'm pretty much on IRC the whole time; I only play the latest ranked maps and even then most of those are really boring so I'd say the last option since all I do is sit in chat and talk.

Well, if the stupidity level of the chat isn't too high.
posted
I'm a demon without computer access for one more week! At that point a new hard drive will indeed arrive. Hazaa
posted
Seeing as I am a BAT with little spare time in osu!, I am naturally a map/modder... more of strictly a modder though. XD XD
posted
I map occasionally but still play. Not really a community person.

EDIT: Can we submit Poll ideas?
show more