forum

rrtyui congrats

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ethelon

Purple wrote:

(something I'm pretty sure Cookiezi did on occasions)
Back it up. It's hard to take you seriously when you complain about trivial stats and then take a jab at someone based on those trivial stats.

Purple wrote:

Notice how both rrtyui and www have high playcount but have never quit the game or gotten themselves banned in a childish, whimsical fit. GEE I wonder if that's a coincidence!
You're either misinformed or bad at changing the topic of comparison.
Vuelo Eluko
puu.sh/8UyNY.osr

rrtyui cant do this

Edit: in fact, cookiezi cant do it either
interesting
Rewben2

Purple wrote:

In fact, I bet the only reason rrtyui has a relatively high playcount is because he's one of the few players that don't give a shit about a meaningless number in a videogame and therefore doesn't bother playing offline. Notice how both rrtyui and www have high playcount but have never quit the game or gotten themselves banned in a childish, whimsical fit. GEE I wonder if that's a coincidence!
Seems like an attack on Cookiezi and is extremely irrelevant...

In my eyes, consistency is your ability to play a map well most of the time; as a randomplay. Cookiezi was good at setting scores in a short amount of time and playing the maps rather well most of the time, this makes him consistent. rrtyui sets great scores but over many many replays, this makes him inconsistent in comparison to Cookiezi but their ability to set scores is more comparable. Like I said, some people don't care about how long it takes you to set scores and that the end result is all that matters. I understand this approach. But if we DO compare them consistency-wise, the amount of time they spend getting scores does become relevant.

@Cook, I was on his livestream when he SS'd the big black. It's surprising he got it that shortly, I do believe he is becoming more consistent. Then he sets them 2 crazy dt scores shortly after and a few more.
Filthy Casual

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

puu.sh/8UyNY.osr

rrtyui cant do this

interesting
I love watching DH play, all his DT plays are just amazing. I can barely read it that fast let alone play like he does.
Vuelo Eluko

Filthy Casual wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

puu.sh/8UyNY.osr

rrtyui cant do this

interesting
I love watching DH play, all his DT plays are just amazing. I can barely read it that fast let alone play like he does.
that play is a bit questionable all things considered though.
Purple

Rewben2 wrote:

Purple wrote:

In fact, I bet the only reason rrtyui has a relatively high playcount is because he's one of the few players that don't give a shit about a meaningless number in a videogame and therefore doesn't bother playing offline. Notice how both rrtyui and www have high playcount but have never quit the game or gotten themselves banned in a childish, whimsical fit. GEE I wonder if that's a coincidence!

In my eyes, consistency is your ability to play a map well most of the time; as a randomplay. Cookiezi was good at setting scores in a short amount of time and playing the maps rather well most of the time, this makes him consistent. rrtyui sets great scores but over many many replays, this makes him inconsistent in comparison to Cookiezi but their ability to set scores is more comparable. Like I said, some people don't care about how long it takes you to set scores and that the end result is all that matters. I understand this approach. But if we DO compare them consistency-wise, the amount of time they spend getting scores does become relevant.
Just a comment about players quitting the game because they took it too seriously (Cookiezi, Shizuru-, DH, Clementine, etc). it's relevant because Cookiezi used to talk trash about rrtyui's playcount, which proves he cared about his playcount which means he likely avoided having "too many plays"

You probably completely ignored my post, but I'll say it again. Playcount is completely irrelevant because you can easily "fake" it by playing offline. Hell, all you had to do back then is enable SpunOut and your play wouldn't get ranked...

rrtyui took 2 years and 2k retries to SS big black, while Cookiezi took 2 years and whatever amount of plays to HR airman (after getting a 1 miss back in 2011). Do you really think consistency is worth considering? Like I said, different playstyles.

Ethelon wrote:

Purple wrote:

(something I'm pretty sure Cookiezi did on occasions)
Back it up. It's hard to take you seriously when you complain about trivial stats and then take a jab at someone based on those trivial stats.

Purple wrote:

Notice how both rrtyui and www have high playcount but have never quit the game or gotten themselves banned in a childish, whimsical fit. GEE I wonder if that's a coincidence!
You're either misinformed or bad at changing the topic of comparison.
You joined in 2013 and you're calling me misinformed? Please.
xasuma
lol, chill people.

This is honestly a topic not worth discussing on this forum. Not effectively at least.
rrtyui is good, we all know. someone wanted to congratulate him on some scores, done.

now go and play and let this topic die, its been dragging for too long..
Rewben2

Purple wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

Just a comment about players quitting the game because they took it too seriously (Cookiezi, Shizuru-, DH, Clementine, etc). it's relevant because Cookiezi used to talk trash about rrtyui's playcount, which proves he cared about his playcount which means he likely avoided having "too many plays"

You probably completely ignored my post, but I'll say it again. Playcount is completely irrelevant because you can easily "fake" it by playing offline. Hell, all you had to do back then is enable SpunOut and your play wouldn't get ranked...
I didn't know cookiezi trash talked about play count, interesting.

I mentioned what I thought about play count in my post (Not sure how I'm "ignoring" your post when I directly respond to it, anyways...) which was that consistency and play count do relate. If it takes someone 2k retries to set a score and the other player 30 retries, that really does speak for their consistency, no?

But there's the offline factor. Once again, I mentioned in my post what consistency was. Your ability to play a map well most of the time. If you play a map 1000 times offline and then you can come online and play the map very well most of the time, doesn't that mean you're consistent? All it means is that you practised more.

Keep in mind I haven't even used an example of this or compared their play count. It's simply widely regarded that cookiezi was more consistent than rrtyui and the amount of time it took them to set scores was in cookiezis favour.

@xasuma, I think this is a pretty legitimate topic. No ones mad at eachother.

Well at least I'm not, the guys that are using personal attacks claiming that others are misinformed and refer to their join date may be.
Defacer

silmarilen

Defacer wrote:

did it really take you 200 plays to fc a [Normal] diff?
yes :(
f i z i k

Defacer wrote:

Guys,I don't want to be rude but big portion of you judge those 2 player along with their scores without you being even CLOSE to understanding what skillsets you need to achieve them.Most of you are just doing empty talk, just like when a bunch of men watch a football match and judge every player like they are professional football skill judges.
Your analogy is so senseless. First of all,football is a much different game than osu. To put it simply,football is a game that depends on physical abilites and tactical understanding. Osu has only one aspect,and that is physical ability,as in how accurate and fast you mash keys and how good you aim. Therefore,after a certain skill you can easily judge people by taking numbers and seeing them play. An old man who watched/played football for 30 years probably knows enough about the game to be able to judge well enough,just because he lacks the physical ability it doesn't man he is just "empty talk". Also,how does that even make sense? I am not allowed to share my subjective opinion on something because I'm not as good at something as the person I judge? Alright then,I guess I shouldn't vote anymore because I don't know about politics than the politicians. That applies for any sport aswell,how dare I,who can't even run 100meters in 11 seconds judge Usain Bolt? It's not making any sense,if you have an interest in something you are allowed to speak out your thoughts,after all nobody here claims his opinion as an absolute fact (or atleast I presume nobody does,because I don't think anybody has to take mine as the only truth - it's subjective after all).

Defacer wrote:

I am not the biggest pro out there but if anyone can correct me, how is Cookiezi faster than rrtyui, give me some examples.Aim wise rrtyui did almost everything Cookiezi labeled as "impossible" and speedwise he surpassed him.I can only see how Cookiezi is better at accuracy/consistency(someone said that this was his worse aspect, what?).
I said his accuracy was his worst part. That doesn't mean it's bad but compare it to his aim and stamina for example it was "bad". His consistency is the best though. We could argue about this forever,but since everyone has his own thoughts I will just share mine and put out an exemplary picture to describe it:

Comparing to the other tp values he had,accuracy is fairly low,although I got to say that accuracy at one point can't just be pushed much further anymore. But it might be pretty low aswell considering the system takes low Accuracy values for insanely fast runs,which he obviously couldn't SS. Anyways,just my thoughts. If he had the accuray on similiar level to his aim,I guess it should be a bit higher.
RaneFire
I was about to say that Cookiezi's accuracy was statistically 2nd to lewa's, but for consistency's sake he could produce better accuracy than anyone on his first play.

Those who saw Cookiezi play actively 2+ years ago know that he chained #1's like it was nothing, even sticking on DT on maps no one else had DT'd yet... on his first play. rrtyui has done some good stuff yes, but he expends a lot of effort to do so, whereas Cookiezi made it look like a piece of cake.

rrtyui is producing comparatively better scores, but his consistency is the last thing that needs to improve before he finally surpasses him. Right now the scales are only tipping in Cookiezi's favour because we, for some obscure reason, rate consistency on par with the difficulty of the scores set. It doesn't matter that playcount as a statistic is irrelevant, because the playcount that we see in the form of endless retries as spectators is actually relevant.

Every sport and e-sport is ultimately a spectator sport. Whether you classify this game as an e-sport or not doesn't matter, the fact is that there is a crowd and consistency is a very peculiar quality in the eyes of the spectator. People are constantly trying to gauge each other by what work you do or what games or sports you play... assessing your intellect, mental and physical performance based on how well you do it (often assessing all 3 from a single category, which is a big mistake, but often happens). To do that we need to gather information that we can actually see. If he rarely makes mistakes, it's very difficult to determine what he can and can't do. That will lead to our assumptions getting the better of us, thinking he can do things which he probably can't do, if only he decided to retry a lot... just because he's very consistent. Another big mistake. Fact is we can be tricked, but not in a malevolent way, and think less of rrtyui just because he decides to retry something, finally giving us the information we need.
Rewben2

RaneFire wrote:

I was about to say that Cookiezi's accuracy was statistically 2nd to lewa's, but for consistency's sake he could produce better accuracy than anyone on his first play.

Those who saw Cookiezi play actively 2+ years ago know that he chained #1's like it was nothing, even sticking on DT on maps no one else had DT'd yet... on his first play. rrtyui has done some good stuff yes, but he expends a lot of effort to do so, whereas Cookiezi made it look like a piece of cake.

rrtyui is producing comparatively better scores, but his consistency is the last thing that needs to improve before he finally surpasses him. Right now the scales are only tipping in Cookiezi's favour because we, for some obscure reason, rate consistency on par with the difficulty of the scores set. It doesn't matter that playcount as a statistic is irrelevant, because the playcount that we see in the form of endless retries as spectators is actually relevant.

Every sport and e-sport is ultimately a spectator sport. Whether you classify this game as an e-sport or not doesn't matter, the fact is that there is a crowd and consistency is a very peculiar quality in the eyes of the spectator. People are constantly trying to gauge each other by what work you do or what games or sports you play... assessing your intellect, mental and physical performance based on how well you do it (often assessing all 3 from a single category, which is a big mistake, but often happens). To do that we need to gather information that we can actually see. If he rarely makes mistakes, it's very difficult to determine what he can and can't do. That will lead to our assumptions getting the better of us, thinking he can do things if he decided to retry a lot, which he probably can't... just because he's very consistent. Another big mistake. Fact is we can be tricked, but not in a benevolent way.
I agree entirely.

You explained what I tried to explain about playcount perfectly, "It doesn't matter that playcount as a statistic is irrelevant, because the playcount that we see in the form of endless retries as spectators is actually relevant." The thing is, in a situation like this, it's a bit difficult to actually prove Cookiezi's consistency compared to rrtyui. It's something you would observe from watching the person play, which is a bit difficult for a player that's been gone for months...

Your last paragraph brings up an interesting point. Saying something along the lines of "Oh, if rrtyui can set some crazy score in X amount of time, think how crazy the scores would be if Cookiezi spent X amount of time doing it!" is not valid because Cookiezi plays closer to his skill limit most of the time you could say. The "skill limit" (I can't think of a more suitable word, something that describes how well you can play) is what determines that scores you are capable of setting, not your consistency.
RaneFire

Rewben2 wrote:

Your last paragraph brings up an interesting point. Saying something along the lines of "Oh, if rrtyui can set some crazy score in X amount of time, think how crazy the scores would be if Cookiezi spent X amount of time doing it!" is not valid because Cookiezi plays closer to his skill limit most of the time you could say. The "skill limit" (I can't think of a more suitable word, something that describes how well you can play) is what determines that scores you are capable of setting, not your consistency.
Yes, and that is the very definition of consistency. Skill limit is indeed the difference.
Ethelon

Purple wrote:

TIL joining earlier gives you access to highly classified documents.
Thank you for enlightening me with your wisdom.

Purple wrote:

How about this: we stop caring about playcount because it is probably the dumbest fucking thing you could do in this game
But let's start caring about join date because it's a good indicator of skill and intelligence.

@Rewben
I was calling him out for being misinformed and inconsistent based on the content of his post not whoever he is (but I'm not actually mad). I was referring to the hypocrisy of insulting someone that had to quit because of medical issues with "but have never quit the game or gotten themselves banned in a childish, whimsical fit. GEE I wonder if that's a coincidence!" while posting in a manner akin to a tantrum. I assumed he either actually believed cookie quit childishly (misinformed) or wasn't referring to him anymore (topic of comparison)

If that's a problem, then I have no problem ignoring him and dropping it.
It's also probably partially my fault. I'm a fan of sarcastic ambiguity towards anyone I'm not taking seriously. It usually gets people salty pretty quickly.
Purple

Ethelon wrote:

Purple wrote:

TIL joining earlier gives you access to highly classified documents.
Thank you for enlightening me with your wisdom.

Purple wrote:

How about this: we stop caring about playcount because it is probably the dumbest fucking thing you could do in this game
But let's start caring about join date because it's a good indicator of skill and intelligence.

@Rewben
I was calling him out for being misinformed and inconsistent based on the content of his post not whoever he is. I was referring to the hypocrisy of insulting someone that had to quit because of medical issues with "but have never quit the game or gotten themselves banned in a childish, whimsical fit. GEE I wonder if that's a coincidence!" while posting in a manner akin to a tantrum. I assumed he either actually believed cookie quit childishly (misinformed) or wasn't referring to him anymore (topic of comparison)

If that's a problem, then I have no problem ignoring him and dropping it.
It's also probably partially my fault. I'm a fan of sarcastic ambiguity towards anyone I'm not taking seriously. It usually gets people salty pretty quickly.
Cookiezi quit before in 2012. You wouldn't know that though because you joined mid 2013

He also acted like an arrogant brat at times, kind of like you with your post, didn't you know? Of course not, because you joined mid 2013 *pat* *pat*

I don't mean to "attack" on Cookiezi, I'm a fan of his replays just like everyone else, but with the thread topic being rrtyui, I felt it necessary to highlight the fact he is leagues ahead of Cookiezi and others in terms of "sportsmanship"

RaneFire wrote:

Every sport and e-sport is ultimately a spectator sport. Whether you classify this game as an e-sport or not doesn't matter, the fact is that there is a crowd and consistency is a very peculiar quality in the eyes of the spectator. People are constantly trying to gauge each other by what work you do or what games or sports you play... assessing your intellect, mental and physical performance based on how well you do it (often assessing all 3 from a single category, which is a big mistake, but often happens). To do that we need to gather information that we can actually see. If he rarely makes mistakes, it's very difficult to determine what he can and can't do. That will lead to our assumptions getting the better of us, thinking he can do things which he probably can't do, if only he decided to retry a lot... just because he's very consistent. Another big mistake. Fact is we can be tricked, but not in a malevolent way, and think less of rrtyui just because he decides to retry something, finally giving us the information we need.
Cookiezi was way better than rrtyui back then around the time he got his Revolution Deathsquad HDHR score (I remember he got like 10+ amazing scores in the span of two days in mid april 2013). In fact, he has almost *always* been the best at this game, and having that sort of cognitive belief about oneself does help a lot with consistency, because you're less likely to mess up due to high-combo anxiety (I'm only glossing over this, I don't wanna get too deep into that topic). It doesn't mean that there weren't times where he had to make an effort and retry just like rrtyui, though; Airman HR and FD4D come to mind.

About the spectator thing: I think most people watch the pros play by watching their replays, not by watching them live. Live spectating is more like watching a movie in the making; ultimately the best score is what's most important and what most people care about.

The problem I see with this thread is that some people *still* have the audacity to bring up rrtyui's playcount as the reason for his amazing scores. It really boggles my mind that this argument continues to persist, but I guess some people just can't let go of some old ideas or are just insanely obsessed over Cookiezi. If rrtyui decides to play shotgun senorita DT 2000 times now, and then he FC's it in 2016, does that mean he simply got lucky due to his playcount? Jesus christ people.
Ethelon

Purple wrote:

Cookiezi quit before in 2012. You wouldn't know that though because you joined mid 2013

He also acted like an arrogant brat at times, kind of like you with your post, didn't you know? Of course not, because you joined mid 2013 *pat* *pat*

I don't mean to "attack" on Cookiezi, I'm a fan of his replays just like everyone else, but with the thread topic being rrtyui, I felt it necessary to highlight the fact he is leagues ahead of Cookiezi and others in terms of "sportsmanship"
<snip>
Anyone who went looking for information on why he quit would've found that out. (Posted up wrong video earlier.) I already heard it mentioned and discussed in a video (osu! WC?) awhile back, in addition to it being mentioned in past forum topics when people discussed him quitting/banned the second time.

My problem with you was your complaining about a player acting childish and throwing a fit while using the same tone. If you didn't mean to attack him in that way then then I apologize for assuming that you said what you meant.
My other problem with you was with your oozing hatred of considering "trivial stats" and your continued consideration of trivial stats.

<snip>

Oh and I've only been active the last 3 months, so I'm newer than you originally thought.
<snip>

-Removed my impulse sarcasm and passive aggressive comments. I'll stay civil.-

Don't bother trying to find more dirt. You won't and I won't waste my time (and yours) responding.
Purple

Ethelon wrote:

My gripe was with how you complained about a player acting childish and throwing a fit while using the same tone. If you didn't mean to attack him in that way then apologies for assuming that you said what you meant.

My "tone" was directed at Wishy, who has a tendency to say things that pisses everyone off.

Giving any sort of importance to playcount only leads to players engaging in dishonest behavior like playing offline or creating multis, and his comment about rrtyui getting lucky with his retries is so fallacious that it deserved the harsh tone of my post.
Vuelo Eluko

Purple wrote:

dishonest behavior like playing offline
lol
Purple

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Purple wrote:

dishonest behavior like playing offline
lol
k

Playing offline and then bragging about playcount is dishonest
Defacer

Vuelo Eluko
dragonhuman
Topic Starter
meteor22

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

puu.sh/8UyNY.osr

rrtyui cant do this

interesting

actually

snowwhite did it

with HD
Vuelo Eluko

meteor22 wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

puu.sh/8UyNY.osr

rrtyui cant do this

interesting

actually

snowwhite did it

with HD
except he didnt
Topic Starter
meteor22
Yea he did not actually FC it. However his replay is way more impressive. His accuracy was waaaaaaaaaaaay better, and he added HD.

DH got 444 pp for his senorita shotgun DT FC

SnowWhite got 460 pp for his senorita shotgun DT HD 2 miss

even pp calculator knows it

SnowWhite is such an underrated player...when he could very well be the best DT player out there.
Keichi-kun
SnowWhite >>>>> DH
Vuelo Eluko

meteor22 wrote:

he did not actually FC it
ok
Rewben2

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

puu.sh/8UyNY.osr

rrtyui cant do this

interesting
I didn't even look at the puush initally (this is why I'm responding late), but that seems definitely in the realm of possibility for rrtyui considering his hoshizora + wahrheit scores. Although cookiezi has a terrible dt play on that (http://puu.sh/8Wfvu.jpg) which is far off an fc with bad acc, I heard it was also a randomplay? I don't know, dting shotgun senorita seems like a doable score for both rrtyui and cookiezi.

Also, Snowwhites score would definitely imply that he could do it, but he hasn't and that's that. Snowwhite is also a very consistent player and for the reason that RaneFire explained, it's a bit hard to evaluate what a player can and can't do because of this. But because his score is so good (You don't get 99%+ accuracy on a map you can barely play) I'd say he could do it.
GoldenWolf

Rewben2 wrote:

Although cookiezi has a terrible dt play on that (http://puu.sh/8Wfvu.jpg)
i quit
Sophia
This thread
/facepalm
Rewben2

GoldenWolf wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

Although cookiezi has a terrible dt play on that (http://puu.sh/8Wfvu.jpg)
i quit
Well relative to a 99% score with HD and an fc, lol.

I mean, if you did set a score like that it would be a nice score, but if we're talking about how he should be fc'ing it then it's quite terrible in comparison
Defacer

Rewben2

Defacer wrote:

but who cares, continue your funny discussions
Cool, I rush into churches and scream "I don't care about what is being discussed here." I also go into subforums for genres I'm not interested in and spam "Who even cares, continue your funny discussions."

No one cares what you think, if people want to discuss top players then they can, stop shitposting
Akali
Balance. Sharpness. Perfection. Rrtyui is like katana and has it all.

Vuelo Eluko

Akali wrote:

Balance. Sharpness. Perfection. Rrtyui is like katana and has it all.

hey dats me
LexiaLovesU

Keichi-kun wrote:

nooblet wrote:

Let's not forget Niko who's still undefeated on Atama, Creator, and a billion other songs with DT.
rrtyui can HR,FC atama, creator, kokou no sousei etc, he's just lazy as ****
That was sooooooo rude one if rrtyui was lazy than he wouldnt retry things over 1000+ times :/ thats was really rude
Blueprint
In that case I commend rrytui's patience a lot more than his skill lol
Vuelo Eluko

Wishy wrote:

He wasn't that aggressive to rrtyui tho, he just said he wasn't that amazing to him and that all he did was try hard a lot for scores that weren't that hard anyways (using himself as a reference).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzwPMFv ... u.be&t=34s
Pettanko
So who's the best legit Korean player at the moment? Dungeon?
Vuelo Eluko

Pettanko wrote:

So who's the only legit Korean player at the moment? Dungeon?
fixed and yes
show more