forum

Different cursors in one skin

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Fantinja
I think it would be nice to have more than one cursor in skins for Osu.

For example: when you are in the menu or in the song selection list you can have a cursor like this and when you play a beatmap another cursor like this

What do you guys think of it?
Stupid idea? or a nice new feature for skinners.
Eizan Arizawa
XPJ38
That's kind of overkill in my opinion... Only one cursor is fine.
FrzR

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

Fantinja wrote:

Stupid idea?
Yes.
Trianix
I wouldn't say it's a 'stupid idea', there's no cons to it other than it'd take time to implement, would be a cool addon, nothing game changing though obviously :P
tecu
Like Somfingwong said, it's nothing game changing, but it would definitely be cool, and has no cons whatsoever.

Instead of going all yawny at these suggestions, please consider that it's often the smallest things that build up to make something epic.

XPJ38 wrote:

That's kind of overkill in my opinion... Only one cursor is fine.
If someone wants to have a different cursor for ingame and for menu, why not let them? The current skinning system already allows you to make overkill skins. I don't see why your personal preference of only having one common cursor for ingame and menu has to restrict other users.
[ Pingu ]
Y'know, there is something called 'Not being lazy and switching cursors'...Sorry, but I don't like this idea.
XPJ38

tecu wrote:

I don't see why your personal preference of only having one common cursor for ingame and menu has to restrict other users.
Wow, this is harsh. How did you jump to that conclusion? I just stated my opinion, nothing else, and it has the same value as yours. I just think that multiple cursors are't that interesting since they don't bring much value (at least, less than plenty of other pending requests here that I would love to see implemented). I hope you can understand.
Piine
I definitely agree with XPJ38. Everyone is able to state an opinion and like my thread here, people have gave similar opinions to XPJ38. Even though I am sadden some people don't like it, it doesn't mean I should go and blow up on their face. I respect everyone opinion as an individual.
deadbeat
sorry. i disagree and don't really think multiple cursors are needed
tecu

Sulker wrote:

I definitely agree with XPJ38. Everyone is able to state an opinion and like my thread here, people have gave similar opinions to XPJ38. Even though I am sadden some people don't like it, it doesn't mean I should go and blow up on their face. I respect everyone opinion as an individual.
I'm fine with people expressing that they don't personally care for a feature, but what's with people on this sub-forum actively saying "no, I don't want this in the game!" to something they don't personally need, but don't really have any downsides to them?

Why can't people just save the no's for stuff that would actually be detrimental for the game and just say "well, why not?" to stuff that doesn't relate to them at all (not to say they should give these features their precious voting points)? Scared of the development time the possible implementation would take away from the suggestions you personally want to see implemented? That's what the voting system is for, and the features the most people want to see will get the most votes.

Just please stop with the unnecessary hate and no's for everything you don't personally deem useful.
Piine

tecu wrote:

Sulker wrote:

I'm fine with people expressing that they don't personally care for a feature, but what's with people on this sub-forum actively saying "no, I don't want this in the game!" to something they don't personally need, but don't really have any downsides to them?

Why can't people just save the no's for stuff that would actually be detrimental for the game and just say "well, why not?" to stuff that doesn't relate to them at all (not to say they should give these features their precious voting points)? Scared of the development time the possible implementation would take away from the suggestions you personally want to see implemented? That's what the voting system is for, and the features the most people want to see will get the most votes.

Just please stop with the unnecessary hate and no's for everything you don't personally deem useful.
Then you are pretty much ruining the subject of freedom of speech on this board. Every one has a right to say something on the forum and from reading XPJ38 post, he wasn't just saying a flat out no and didn't care about the entire post. He was just stating his opinion on how this wouldn't be needed. (aka overkill seeing we already can deal with one cursor file in skins.) I can somewhat agree to this seeing it wouldn't be appealing to much of the player-base either.
Stefan

tecu wrote:

Like Somfingwong said, it's nothing game changing, but it would definitely be cool, and has no cons whatsoever.
Requests like that should usually have a good advantage which I personally really don't see. 'Being cool' is not really valid.
XPJ38

tecu wrote:

[...]
With this logic of yours, everything could be skinnable in the game up to the very little detail, like the font and size of the letter U in the 3rd panel of the local ranking. Because, why not, some people may actually want it...?

That's the point. Sometimes, keeping it simple is fine, and this is why not every element is skinnable, especially it doesn't bring much value and only a handful of people would be interested.
Toyface
Why would you need another cursor?
Coffee Hero

XPJ38 wrote:

tecu wrote:

[...]
With this logic of yours, everything could be skinnable in the game up to the very little detail, like the font and size of the letter U in the 3rd panel of the local ranking. Because, why not, some people may actually want it...?

That's the point. Sometimes, keeping it simple is fine, and this is why not every element is skinnable, especially it doesn't bring much value and only a handful of people would be interested.
If you polled the entire community I would be willing to bet that the majority would like to see more skinnables.
otoed1
It's definitely a cool idea, but its totally unnecessary. Other features are more important imo.