forum

osu!StreamCompanion - live pp display / ingame overlay!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tobias_old_1
as much as i wanna use this, I cant sadly :/ my anti-virus isn't letting me :|
Keno

Tobias wrote:

as much as i wanna use this, I cant sadly :/ my anti-virus isn't letting me :|
Just add an exception in your AV
-Ted
When I try to save a np_playing.txt, I open the save directory but there is no .txt's there

No text files are being generated?
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
@Keno
Sent PM
@Tobias
As long as you download it from my orginal link (github, in the first post) you'll be fine. Just make AV exception.
@-Ted
While having SC running, start osu! and play any map. After that all files should exist.
RhytmicPantsu
I just recently reinstalled osu! (due to some problems with my tablet) and since i did that, SC never finds a single song. I reinstalled in the same location though. Any way to fix it?
Doomsdaddy
Hello, upon trying to reinstall the Stream Companion (iirc it got removed when I had to reinstall my Windows), I get this error message:

Any idea what's causing it? I've tried running it as Admin, running the setup in a different drive and downloading a new setup file. It also gives me no method of choosing the drive before it happens either.
The Papito
Im getting some problems with obs recognise the text (GDI+) , i've already uninstall sc 2 times and with the same results.
am i doing something wrong? :(
https://imgur.com/a/oCapE
BeDuck
Thanks for keeping up with your great tool!

Is !mHP command coming up by any chance? uwu

added: also is star rating command possible?
Kimagure Orenji

Piotrekol wrote:

osu!StreamCompanion- as name might imply, this program is directed for osu! streamers.

Features:
  1. Grabbing song title ANYWHERE you are in osu!
  2. Built-in IRC twitch chat bot on TODO
  3. Customisable map outputs
  4. Key counter - how many times you clicked these 2 osu! keys since...(beginning of the stream?)
  5. Play/Retry counter
  6. Mods display
  7. Twitch ==> osu! chat Relay on TODO
  8. osu!Post integration
Screenshots

Feature request? Post!
Usable commands:

Click
You can always view full list in program
TBA
.?
korolsafari
hey dude, thanks you very much for this program, but why i have key count delay in my obs? When i watch rohulk(just example) he clicked and obs already count click... FeelsBadMan https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/KLgyC7v.gifv
_Niichan

irateMimicker wrote:

Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been mentioned at all in the thread, but I'm going to try to get this working in WINE (Using WINEBottler) as I am a Mac user who wishes to stream OSU!, but would like the integration.

Whatever happens, I'll report my findings here.
If it works, I'll go through the basic steps of setting that up.
If not, I'll explain what I think the problem is, and perhaps a more Mac-savvy user can offer their guidance.

Hopefully I'll update in a matter of minutes!

EDIT: Ok so... It won't even complete the setup. I allowed MSN integration, changed the song and... The setup process just doesn't continue.

The file itself runs with no issues (I say, despite it not even going past the first screen), which leads me to believe it's a limitation with WINE(/Bottler), like the app not being able to read beyond it's own virtual C: Drive.

A question for the dev, how does the program detect the MSN integration thing? I assume it waits for some outgoing connection to MSN? I can see how that would then be rendered impossible on a Mac. Are there any alternatives to using MSN integration? It's possible the Yahoo option could create a successful output, though I couldn't say for sure.
Same Problem
R1yuu
Could you add a feature so the Mod Images are Listed like Ingame on the Top right while playing?
Appilesh
Hi, is there a way to round !mAR! and !mOD! to 1 decimal place? Thanks ^.^
Fuutori
Piotrekol I love this software but it worked fine for a week but today I launched it and it just says nothing is playing while I have osu! open, pls tell me how to fix this
Kishuya
I keep getting an error saying that it doesn't have enough permissions to save beatmap cache and to move it into a non-system folder, I've moved it all around my pc but nothing is working....
Claun
Hi, I downloaded this yesterday and it worked perfectly. Today it won't launch, I tried rebooting, unin-reinstalling, I can see it starts to load the program up, then nothing happens. I downloaded the previous release version from GitHub and this seems to be working.

Edit: Previous release program started but doesn't seem to find what is playing at the moment, or if resetting everything it won't go through the first time setup.
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
To all users: If you're using SC along with Sync, then update and make sure to start StreamCompanion AFTER Sync. There was a bug in how MSN was handled on both sides, and I fixed it in newest SC release from yesterday.

@Claun
Most likely antivirus blocking it, try adding expection.
@KuroTX

KuroTX wrote:

I've moved it all around my pc
Did you do that by reinstalling or just straight manual copy?
@Fuutori
Something must have changed with your setup, try what I wrote at the beginning of this post.

@R1yuu
Claun

Piotrekol wrote:

To all users: If you're using SC along with Sync, then update and make sure to start StreamCompanion AFTER Sync. There was a bug in how MSN was handled on both sides, and I fixed it in newest SC release from yesterday.

@Claun
@KuroTX

KuroTX wrote:

@Fuutori
Something must have changed with your setup, try what I wrote at the beginning of this post.

@R1yuu
I tried adding an exception already, to the whole installation folder too. I'll try what you said above and see if I'll get it to work. Thanks.

Edit: I finally got it to work, I had to run osu! itself as administrator... If someone else has this issue I hope this helps. :roll:
Kishuya

Piotrekol wrote:

@Claun
@KuroTX

KuroTX wrote:

@Fuutori

@R1yuu
I reinstalled it a couple times. the one I had/have (latest one) kept telling me that stream companion was already running (wasn't seen in task manager and still said it after restarting my computer) I went to project aces video and got the version he had in his video and then instead of getting told that Osu stream companion was already running it told me to put msn on then to do gabedog with mods, and after finishing and clicking finish it came up with that error saying that it doesn't have enough permissions to save beatmap cache, at first I tried reinstalling what didn't seem to work, then I coppied it around tons of folders on my desktop and on my other drive but still nothing... I've uninstalled the old version of StreamCompanion now and gone back to the new one, but I still get an error saying that it's already running even though I can't see anything in the taskbar or task manager.
Numpienick
I reinstalled it a couple times. the one I had/have (latest one) kept telling me that stream companion was already running (wasn't seen in task manager and still said it after restarting my computer) I went to project aces video and got the version he had in his video and then instead of getting told that Osu stream companion was already running it told me to put msn on then to do gabedog with mods, and after finishing and clicking finish it came up with that error saying that it doesn't have enough permissions to save beatmap cache, at first I tried reinstalling what didn't seem to work, then I coppied it around tons of folders on my desktop and on my other drive but still nothing... I've uninstalled the old version of StreamCompanion now and gone back to the new one, but I still get an error saying that it's already running even though I can't see anything in the taskbar or task manager.

Having the same issue here.
Trying to run the latest version but it just won't start and there's nothing in Task Manager
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
Both of you, please try replacing StreamCompanion exe in current install directory with this one: https://puu.sh/zd293.zip
This should either fix permissions issue(assuming it was trying to save to wrong place) or show where and what it was trying to save in error window.
Numpienick

Piotrekol wrote:

Both of you, please try replacing StreamCompanion exe in current install directory with this one: https://puu.sh/zd293.zip
This should either fix permissions issue(assuming it was trying to save to wrong place) or show where and what it was trying to save in error window.
Thanks for the help, sadly this still doesn't work as it does exactly the same thing. It makes a "Files" folder containing a "Logs" folder contain nothing.

Am I doing something wrong? I installed the installer, ran the installer, replaced the exe with the one you just gave me and I ran the exe, Windows Defender asked me if I wanted to continue as it might be risky, I continued, it looked like something was loading and then I ended up with nothing.
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
In the same folder as exe should be file named settings.ini (if it doesn't exist, create it)
edit it using any text editor so first 2 lines look like this:
console = True
LogLevel = 100

Does additional console window popup then? does it output anything?
Kishuya

Piotrekol wrote:

In the same folder as exe should be file named settings.ini (if it doesn't exist, create it)
console = True
LogLevel = 100

I tried this, It seems to pop up in task manager for a split second and then disappear, no popup messages appear on the screen.

I'll check if the settings.ini file is in there, 1 min.

Edit: I've checked the folder and there was no settings.ini, I've added it and now instead of not loading at all I get the error "Osu!streamcompanion is already running" like before.
Numpienick

Piotrekol wrote:

console = True
LogLevel = 100

Console pops up saying: "Process is terminated due to StackOverflowException" following by Windows saying that osu!StreamCompanion has stopped working

Edit: The installer installs 3 things in the StreamCompanion folder: The exe, uninstall000 exe and uninstall000.dat.
I created the settings.ini myself
NYAWINTHENIGHT
after i redownloaded and then reinstalled streamcompanion it doesn't running, its crashing when i trying to open it :!:

edit:
i just downloaded previous version and its work well
NYAWINTHENIGHT

korolsafari wrote:

hey dude, thanks you very much for this program, but why i have key count delay in my obs? When i watch rohulk(just example) he clicked and obs already count click... FeelsBadMan https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/KLgyC7v.gifv
This is OBS studio's issue
You can confirm it by googling "obs studio read from textfile delay"
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
Issues with StreamCompanion not starting should be now resolved. Sorry about that.
Please update
Kishuya

Piotrekol wrote:

Issues with StreamCompanion not starting should be now resolved. Sorry about that.
Please update
Works, thanks!
Numpienick

Piotrekol wrote:

Please update
It works! Thanks!
le_na
Ever since I uninstalled my old version and downloaded the new one, I cant get past the first setup MSN screen, even though I do everything... It doesnt continue automatically.
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
Make sure that MSN is enabled ingame.
Run SC and osu! on same permission level (both as normal user, or both as administrator)
Make sure that your antivirus isn't doing something weird(especially sandboxing) - try adding exception in it.
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
New release is up.
  1. Added full map recognition everywhere in osu! - that includes all map information in song select/main menu, you name it. This feature is experimental, but enabled by default. if you have problems with it, you can disable it in "options->Map matching" by unchecking memory pooling, but please report any issues with it. https://streamable.com/s9ctp
  2. Fixed searching for beatmaps with empty title/artist parameters( was sometimes causing display of random incorrect map)
Download link in the first post, or you'll get notification when starting older StreamCompanion version to update with link.
Mamba_old_1
Is the program dead?
Can't open an old release so i tried and new one and ..

(made my game freeze too)
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
Should be fixed, try downloading again
Kuro-pi
I can't get past the screen about playing one of the listed maps with mods, even after I do play it. "Next" won't light up no matter what I do.
Julcia

Kuro-pi wrote:

I can't get past the screen about playing one of the listed maps with mods, even after I do play it. "Next" won't light up no matter what I do.
I have the same problem ;/
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
What osu! version(CE/stable/beta/fallback), does it stay on "Waiting..." or gets stuck on searching?
Julcia

Piotrekol wrote:

What osu! version(CE/stable/beta/fallback), does it stay on "Waiting..." or gets stuck on searching?
I play on stable version and it keep stays on"Waiting..." although I play the specified map with mods to the end :c
Topic Starter
Piotrekol
For memory to work you have to be logged in osu!.

I've added a fail-safe to this step.
Please update.
show more