forum

osu! Trainer - find maps near your skill

posted
Total Posts
show more
Hitorikko
This is gold ! :D
Tanaka
Any chance it might be available for mac?
Frikandel
I have absolutly no idea how this works.

Maybe describe what EXACTLY you have to do for uberscrubs like me?

I have windows 8 btw, that framework thingy does not put windows 8 in compatibility.

Also, I dowloaded this osu trainer, and opened the zip file, but the exe doesnt work. It doesnt do anything.

Well, thats it.
SlasherZ
Hey Guys,
So, this tool was exactly what I was looking for, but due to a problem with the resource files it was utterly broken to me.
I got the code and put together a quick (and dirty) fix, and it seems to be working alright now. While I have already submitted a pull-request to the project with my changes, you can find my binaries here.

Source code here

By the way, I'm not responsible if your PC catches fire, dies or whatever.

~P
Topic Starter
dukambe

SlasherZ wrote:

Hey Guys,
So, this tool was exactly what I was looking for, but due to a problem with the resource files it was utterly broken to me.
I got the code and put together a quick (and dirty) fix, and it seems to be working alright now. While I have already submitted a pull-request to the project with my changes, you can find my binaries here.

Source code here

By the way, I'm not responsible if your PC catches fire, dies or whatever.

~P
Good job, i've included your fix in version 1.1.3.3.

If any of you still have errors i need an exact description of what happens, if i can't replicate the error it's almost impossible for me to fix it.
Fudgy
I don't know why but when I change the score source to osustats, the program crashes everytime. That happens for all game modes.
It's weird because it worked before and I did not change anything. Is osustats down or is it a bug? I did not find an answer on this thread. :(
nick_O
This app have been working great, but since i hit rank 23725, at the moment i click "update" it just crashes everytime. I only get scores when setting a random rank like 8000. About osustats, it never worked for me (started using this app about a month ago).
fantazyjny
A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException' occurred in ServiceStack.Text.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.FormatException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Program update my "Starting rank" and crash.
Cons
Should I not worry?

JW, I know there are plenty of false positives, but when I try to run it, bitdefender removes it.

Deimos
Topic Starter
dukambe
Seems like there was something in 1.1.3.2 that caused this. Nothing malicious obviously :P

I've scanned 1.1.3.3 though and it's fine. I updated over a week ago but forgot to change the first post.
https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/e822 ... /analysis/

nick_O wrote:

This app have been working great, but since i hit rank 23725, at the moment i click "update" it just crashes everytime. I only get scores when setting a random rank like 8000. About osustats, it never worked for me (started using this app about a month ago).
Fixed in 1.1.3.4
https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/1f3a ... 418065228/

Edit: I've removed the downloads for 1.1.3.2, 1.1.3.3 and replaced 1.1.3.4 because i forgot to remove the rivals and mappers text files. Sorry if you updated in the meantime and lost your previous settings in those files :o
Bass
Program crashes when I click "Update" :(

I did everything right. I have Net Framework 4.5 installed.
My os is Windows 8.1
nick_O

dukambe wrote:

Seems like there was something in 1.1.3.2 that caused this. Nothing malicious obviously :P

I've scanned 1.1.3.3 though and it's fine. I updated over a week ago but forgot to change the first post.
https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/e822 ... /analysis/

nick_O wrote:

Fixed in 1.1.3.4
https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/1f3a ... 418065228/

Edit: I've removed the downloads for 1.1.3.2, 1.1.3.3 and replaced 1.1.3.4 because i forgot to remove the rivals and mappers text files. Sorry if you updated in the meantime and lost your previous settings in those files :o
Thanks!
fossil98
It crashes within 3 seconds for me. Win7 64bit
Throws a "osuTrainer has stopped working" error.
Minidump file
Topic Starter
dukambe

fossil98 wrote:

It crashes within 3 seconds for me. Win7 64bit
Throws a "osuTrainer has stopped working" error.
Minidump file
It says you're using 1.1.3.1. Please try using the newest version.

Bass wrote:

Program crashes when I click "Update" :(

I did everything right. I have Net Framework 4.5 installed.
My os is Windows 8.1
Are you using 1.1.3.4?
fossil98

dukambe wrote:

It says you're using 1.1.3.1. Please try using the newest version.
Ah that's because I tried the latest first, then went back to 1.1.3.1 and got the exact same result.
The UI looks fine for as long as I can see it, very neat.
Topic Starter
dukambe
Try 1.1.3.5. I've fixed some more possible crashes. Maybe that fixes it?
fossil98

dukambe wrote:

Try 1.1.3.5. I've fixed some more possible crashes. Maybe that fixes it?
I gave it a go. Same kind of error. More crash files.
Topic Starter
dukambe
Can you try this repair tool from microsoft?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=30135

If that doesn't work then i have no idea sorry.
Ahzos
You should remove the mod Flashlight from the selection, becuase it will not give more pp if you play with it :P ..

- Ahzos
Ishkiz

Ahzos wrote:

You should remove the mod Flashlight from the selection, becuase it will not give more pp if you play with it :P ..

- Ahzos
Yes, it will. It gives both a bonus to aim and accuracy in pp calculation, 50% and 2% respectively if I'm not mistaken.

Refer to: The performance points section of the wiki: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Performance_Points#Calculation
The performance points feedback thread: p/3271436

:P
brunn08
Where can I found the beatmap ID? :)
grumd
Funny. It shows that if I get B rank and 92% accuracy on a map, I will get 100pp. But I get A with 97% and get 0pp. Yey.
Topic Starter
dukambe

grumd wrote:

Funny. It shows that if I get B rank and 92% accuracy on a map, I will get 100pp. But I get A with 97% and get 0pp. Yey.
You did get more than 100pp (125pp actually), check your top ranks. It's just that the map is considered "easy" for you so it doesn't count much toward your total pp amount.

brunn08 wrote:

Where can I found the beatmap ID? :)
From the beatmap URL for example
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/237077

Beatmap ID = 237077
TheQardas
Quick question:Is osu! Trainer working good with new CTB algorithm? Casue I played one map which should give me 43pp and I get only 2 :_:
brunn08
thnx :)
Topic Starter
dukambe

TheQardas wrote:

Quick question:Is osu! Trainer working good with new CTB algorithm? Casue I played one map which should give me 43pp and I get only 2 :_:
It works regardless of the algoriothm. You're mistaking your total pp with the map pp.
Only your highest pp score's beatmap gives you full pp. Other scores' pp values will be multiplied with decreasing percentage.
Bigley
I can barely pass half the maps it gives me let alone full combo.. it's good for finding extremely challenging maps i'll give it that but 'Find maps near your skill' ? nowhere near :D There were a couple of maps i managed to FC though but unfortunately i didn't get any pp.. so maybe it's just broken on my end. Either way, still a nice bit of software, i still discoverd some very fun maps, and some awesome songs i hadn't heard before so thanks for that at least :D
brunn08
How can I do to search maps with HR and DT but without FL and HD?
fantazyjny
If I see correctly you can't. There's no exclude mod option.
brunn08

fantazyjny wrote:

Probably can be added. :roll:

Its a nice implement because I can´t success with HD on CTB and Flashlight on Osu!Standart. And if I can exclude this maps with a bottom its easier for me :) .

FAST PHOTO EDIT (SRRY FOR WRONG FONT :| )
LoyalPotato

brunn08 wrote:

fantazyjny wrote:

Probably can be added. :roll:

Its a nice implement because I can´t success with HD on CTB and Flashlight on Osu!Standart. And if I can exclude this maps with a bottom its easier for me :) .

FAST PHOTO EDIT (SRRY FOR WRONG FONT :| )

Yeahh that's a good idea!!
Kingkevin30

Could you add EZ and HT to the search filters since they are also abusable for PP xD
professorSugoi
not able to paste anything into the app
id prefer not to type in my entire API every time i use it :cry:

anyone know a fix?
Thorbensson
Hey, everytime I tap on "Update", the Game doesnt react. What should I do? http://gyazo.com/152e981c936d144979f236abf27d4abb
NotThat
Under 'search' tab, would it be possible to allow display of only no-mods plays? What I'm looking for is the 100% accuracy no-mod PP value of a map, which you can usually find if you tick the no-mod box on the beatmap listing/scores. For example: https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=599863&m=0&nm=1#scores
Etowl
Hi can someone help me , it seems like i do not understand exactly how this is working .
Why i do not get the PP that the app says i would get? (the song on the picture that is highlighted):

This is what i got on the beat map :

I got 0 PP from it.

Am i too dumb to understand how Osu Trainer works or am i missing something else?
Deimos

Drivt wrote:

Hi can someone help me , it seems like i do not understand exactly how this is working .
Why i do not get the PP that the app says i would get? (the song on the picture that is highlighted):

This is what i got on the beat map :

I got 0 PP from it.

Am i too dumb to understand how Osu Trainer works or am i missing something else?
Reason: bad combo. you got a 234 of 807 Combo. the combo multiplier is linear means that the deserverd PP on a certain Acc (based on FC) will be multiplicated with *234/807, so in the end you only got roughly a quarter
Japan
This doesn't seem to work for me. FC and better accuracy and got 0 pp for it.
Large Image
brunn08

Japan wrote:

This doesn't seem to work for me. FC and better accuracy and got 0 pp for it.
Large Image
Your best score is 220pps, the 80pps is going to be weighted PP weight

weight formula
Total pp = PP[1] * 0.95^0 + PP[2] * 0.95^1 + PP[3] * 0.95^2 + ... + PP[n] * 0.95^(n-1)

If your best pp score is 220 you need to do maps with near skills, 80pps is 0 pps weight for your ranking!
show more