forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Silenced info shows at user itself instead of the sender

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Metal
Problem Details:
I was playing a map AFTER my silence had expired (about 2-3 minutes after) and my friend started messaging me while I was playing.

what happened in detail:
1. get silenced in #lobby cause i posted a misleading link to a multiplayer game
2. close #lobby, switch to #osu tab
3. quit multiplayer match from its lobby
4. silence has a minute to expire so start playing Owl City - Gold on insane cause frosty rules
5. friend messages me during the game
6. i open chat after finishing the map to see the messages my friend was supposed to receive, in #osu

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

These were supposed to be directed to my friend (glade12) when she was private messaging me, but what's so confusing is that a) my silence was over and i got all those messages, and b) they appeared in #osu

EDIT: after i checked PM i had my friend message me again but it didn't work anymore

osu! version: 20140513.7 (latest)
Piine
Wow this is a good find Metal. Pretty wierd though
Topic Starter
Metal
Can't wait to see people try to replicate this :^)
Piine
I actually wanted to replicate this but I don't want to get a mute of my profile so... SOMEONE DO THIS FOR SCIENCE
Topic Starter
Metal

Sulker wrote:

I actually wanted to replicate this but I don't want to get a mute of my profile so... SOMEONE DO THIS FOR SCIENCE
The problem is that I'm not 100% sure it'll work again. Just tried to be as detailed as possible. :(
Topic Starter
Metal
bump cos awesome glitch
Piine

Metal wrote:

bump cos awesome glitch
I was talking to Millhiore and I remember he said that he found this really wierd also.
Topic Starter
Metal

Sulker wrote:

Metal wrote:

bump cos awesome glitch
I was talking to Millhiore and I remember he said that he found this really wierd also.
man it's spelled w-e-i-r-d ok jeez man get it rite l0l
Aurani
Well, as Frost has been silenced, she instructed me to post an image of whatever this is. You figure out what to make out of it.
Topic Starter
Metal

Aurani wrote:

Well, as Frost has been silenced, she instructed me to post an image of whatever this is. You figure out what to make out of it.
Looks like it worked for him as well. (I'm assuming that's from his computer anyway).

That's a pretty harsh silence length. Haha.
TheVileOne
I've seen much longer silences. You can tell Frost that she can post in this forum, and any issues she may have with her silence can be brought up in <mailto:accounts@ppy.sh|accounts@ppy.sh>.
Topic Starter
Metal

TheVileOne wrote:

I've seen much longer silences. You can tell Frost that she can post in this forum, and any issues she may have with her silence can be brought up in <mailto:accounts@ppy.sh|accounts@ppy.sh>.
Why was this marked invalid? This is a legitimate bug.
Nathanael

TheVileOne wrote:

They're not complaining about the silence.
The message <user> has been silenced and is unable to respond to your messages. also appears to themselves.
Not to mention that it also appeared at the public channel (which is weird). MillhioreF should probably check this.
Piine

Nathanael wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

They're not complaining about the silence.
The message <user> has been silenced and is unable to respond to your messages. also appears to themselves.
Not to mention that it also appeared at the public channel (which is weird). MillhioreF should probably check this.
Contacted MillhioreF a while back when Metal actually posted this. He found it somewhat strange. Hopefully this will be fixed.
semantics
Topic Starter
Metal

rachel wrote:

i managed to get it too - i also get that little box in varying sizes whenever i get silenced, apparently.

figured i'd post just to let it be known that someone else gets it too, idk what causes it
wow am so honored your second post is on my bug report :^)
Flanster

After reading this and this thread, I can sum it all up after some testing.

1. When silenced, after getting PM'd you (the receiver) will receive the "silenced and unable to respond" message and NOT the sender.
2. The line will show in the selected channel or user PM tab you are currently in when you are PM'd.

This one should get a confirmed tag.
Nathanael
With Loliflan's instructions (and with the help of Irreversible. Thanks!), I can simply replicate it so I'll confirm this for now.

- Marco -
Topic Starter
Metal
yey i'm such a gr8 halp 2 pepy
thx u all 4 confurmen
luv ya pepster
luv da gaem
kep up da gud wurk

EDIT: also thanks for clarifying the title :o
peppy
Fixed for next bancho release.